PDA

View Full Version : Yeesh... I just made a small purchase...

ximmy
19th October 2010, 04:34 PM
I just bought some SE's from Provident Metals... never purchased from them before... we'll see how it goes... ;)

1970 silver art
19th October 2010, 04:36 PM
I have never ordered from Provident Metals but I heard from other posters on other forums that Provident Metals is a good online gold and silver dealer and they never had any issues with getting their order. I am sure that it will go well.

Sparky
19th October 2010, 08:17 PM
Why yeesh?

Korbin Dallas
19th October 2010, 08:28 PM
I have made a few purchases at Provident, and I have never been disappointed.

ximmy
19th October 2010, 09:58 PM
Why yeesh?

I was (am always) concerned about overpaying but I bought when spot was 23.37... I'm planning on purchasing more over the remainder of the year though...

I got 60 at 26.08... the most I ever paid...

Kind of hoping for another drop... but I realistically don't expect sub 22 any more... ;)

gunDriller
20th October 2010, 04:43 AM
that sounds like a solid purchase. my guess is you might experience some buyer's remorse ( i guess that's what "yeesh" means ) during the next year, when silver downticks a few $.

BUT ONE YEAR FROM NOW, my guess is you'll be up at least $5 on the purchase (per ounce).

i was looking at those Canada Wolves, Silver 1 Ounce. Make a good Christmas present for sure.

SLV^GLD
20th October 2010, 06:13 AM
I've made a few yeesh purchases myself lately. My average $/oz for silver is under $17 and my average $/oz for gold is under $900.

Recent purchases:

1/2ozt Lunar Tiger - $18.01
1ozt 2011 Kook, 2011 Lunar Rabbit and 2011 Koala - $99.38

1/10ozt GAE - 149.53
1/10ozt GAE - 167.31

Almost $450 in for 3.5ozt of silver and 0.2ozt of gold (granted the silver is high premium).

I've still got to snag a 2010 Britannia which should round out to $500 which was my metal budget for quite some time.

The upside is that many low dollar previous ounces means these new prices have hardly budged my averages.

Carbon
20th October 2010, 06:31 AM
Why yeesh?

I was (am always) concerned about overpaying but I bought when spot was 23.37... I'm planning on purchasing more over the remainder of the year though...

I got 60 at 26.08... the most I ever paid...

Kind of hoping for another drop... but I realistically don't expect sub 22 any more... ;)

The premiums for SAE's is ridiculous no matter where one buys them. There are a lot of other silver products out there that can be had for a far lower premium.

I snagged a whole pile of milled Academy bars from Provident yesterday morning for about the same spot as you - but only paid 1.09 over (used bank wire - no 2.7% CC fees).

Silver is silver - I think SAE's are way overrated for the price/premium. And, even if one is buying for potential collectible value over spot price, Libertad mintage is smaller and are the better deal in the long run, IMO.

ximmy
20th October 2010, 11:03 AM
Right SAE premiums are high, but I am considering what may happen in the future, they might be easier to trade with than a generic item... who knows???

I fully expect a triple return on them...

more "yeesh" purchases to follow...