PDA

View Full Version : The wine of babylon.

bellevuebully
20th October 2010, 06:38 AM
http://www.calgaryhumane.ca/page.aspx?pid=361

The church is holding blessings for pets.

Blessed animals.

That is pagan idolitry, pure and simple.

More false doctrine to lead man away from Jesus.

SLV^GLD
20th October 2010, 09:49 AM
I was really hoping this thread would be about actual pressed and fermented grapes. :boohoo

Fortyone
21st October 2010, 02:37 AM

Blessed animals.

This is the Anglicans, Not the Catholics(usually the Catholic church is known as "The Church") The Anglicans also allow openly lesbian priests and allow open homo membership.

bellevuebully
21st October 2010, 02:48 PM

Blessed animals.

This is the Anglicans, Not the Catholics(usually the Catholic church is known as "The Church") The Anglicans also allow openly lesbian priests and allow open homo membership.

I was generically referring to the link. The point is that any group claiming to be 'christian' who is involved in pagan ideologies represent false doctrine, which is one of the warnings we are given to watch for. Both 'official' churches are orerflowing with false doctrine. As far as 'the Church' goes, that may very well refer to the Catholic system if you are reading catholic docs/catachisms, but if you read the bible, the church is the body of Christ. It is believers, not a system.

ximmy
21st October 2010, 02:52 PM
I'm considering posting in this thread in defense of blessing animals... but I fear there will be messy tears from the delicately disposed religious...

ximy

keehah
21st October 2010, 03:15 PM
Calgary Sun: Blessings abound for furry friends (http://www.calgarysun.com/news/2010/10/16/15717861.html#/news/alberta/2010/10/16/pf-15716506.html)

Blessed be the hairy who turned out for the 14th annual animal service at Cathedral Church of the Redeemer.

[Photo]
An enthusiastic dog is restrained in the front pew...

About 100 Calgarians towing their four-legged friends attended Saturday’s Blessing of the Animals led by minister Gordon Jackson, who parlayed pet parables into a sermon addressing the importance of forgiveness...

One of two cat owners seen amongst the crowd of dogs and dog owners, Deanna Nichols admitted while she doesn’t consider herself a part of any organized religion, she felt compelled to attend the event with her Devon Rex, Maow.

“Every animal can use a little blessing,” she said.

7th trump
21st October 2010, 06:16 PM

Blessed animals.

I was generically referring to the link. The point is that any group claiming to be 'christian' who is involved in pagan ideologies represent false doctrine, which is one of the warnings we are given to watch for. Both 'official' churches are orerflowing with false doctrine. As far as 'the Church' goes, that may very well refer to the Catholic system if you are reading catholic docs/catachisms, but if you read the bible, the church is the body of Christ. It is believers, not a system.
Not only that Belle, but christians (who come in the name of Christ) who lead astray = many false christs and many false prophets.

Fortyone
21st October 2010, 06:22 PM

Blessed animals.

Oh I understand what you meant, In this caseIt doesnt matter what the Bible says concerning it,we all understand that here.My point is the common understanding of when someone says "The Church" generally means the Catholic church.

bellevuebully
23rd October 2010, 09:56 AM
I'm considering posting in this thread in defense of blessing animals... but I fear there will be messy tears from the delicately disposed religious...

ximy

X, you seem like a very interesting young lady. But at 20 something, I doubt (based on my own, and most others' experience) that you have all the answers, or even the questions to a few important ones. In saying this I ask you, what good can come (for your own well being) to attack and insult something that you don't understand? What is the 'prize' in doing so? Does the 'prize' not end up being little more that a transient feeling of superiourity and a pride that puffs up ego? Does it accomplish anything lasting in your life, as does the edification of a friend, or extending a helping hand to a stranger? Even a neutral position on something not understood leaves the mind open to truth, while gaurding the mind by use insults, defensiveness, and abrasive intentions only builds a callous on the mind and on the heart, and leads to a life of darkness. You came here to a thread you have no interest in, as you have made it clear you think Christianity is bunk. Not only that, you came to attack and denigrate. Don't fall into the trap that many here have, by allowing your posts (a reflection of you) to be characterized by attacks, insults, and the belittling of others. By doing so, you wrap yourself in a sheet of ignorance, unable and unwilling to see anything past even a moments notice. I've noticed this development in your posts since you first joined us. Examine yourself. What benifit do you reap in attacking that which you don't understand?
The youger gen's today say they want a better world....they see the damage that has been foisted on all things because of bad choices. Do you think that the world will change for the better if we don't start examining how we as individuals play a part in this whole mess? Trust you mother (or grandmother, or whoever cared for you).....when they said 'if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all'.....there is practical wisdom in that idea.

I too have been guilty of these things, but hopefully, through the examination of my motives I see that there is no benifical substance in doing so, not for me, nor the person I am addressing. Failing to change only adds to an already monstrous problem.

I sincerely wish you well ximy, in your life and in your quest for seeking what this life has to offer you. I would only encourage you to make choices that don't, by default, bind you to an inability to see all possibilities. Rather, make choices that build both you and those around you up, whether those choices be decisive, or neutral.

Sincerely, and in love

Bb

keehah
23rd October 2010, 07:29 PM
I would only encourage you to make choices that don't, by default, bind you to an inability to see all possibilities.

This could have been my advice to you a few days back.

ximmy
25th October 2010, 11:05 AM

ximy

X, you seem like a very interesting young lady. But at 20 something, I doubt (based on my own, and most others' experience) that you have all the answers, or even the questions to a few important ones. In saying this I ask you, what good can come (for your own well being) to attack and insult something that you don't understand? What is the 'prize' in doing so? Does the 'prize' not end up being little more that a transient feeling of superiourity and a pride that puffs up ego? Does it accomplish anything lasting in your life, as does the edification of a friend, or extending a helping hand to a stranger? Even a neutral position on something not understood leaves the mind open to truth, while gaurding the mind by use insults, defensiveness, and abrasive intentions only builds a callous on the mind and on the heart, and leads to a life of darkness. You came here to a thread you have no interest in, as you have made it clear you think Christianity is bunk. Not only that, you came to attack and denigrate. Don't fall into the trap that many here have, by allowing your posts (a reflection of you) to be characterized by attacks, insults, and the belittling of others. By doing so, you wrap yourself in a sheet of ignorance, unable and unwilling to see anything past even a moments notice. I've noticed this development in your posts since you first joined us. Examine yourself. What benifit do you reap in attacking that which you don't understand?
The youger gen's today say they want a better world....they see the damage that has been foisted on all things because of bad choices. Do you think that the world will change for the better if we don't start examining how we as individuals play a part in this whole mess? Trust you mother (or grandmother, or whoever cared for you).....when they said 'if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all'.....there is practical wisdom in that idea.

I too have been guilty of these things, but hopefully, through the examination of my motives I see that there is no benifical substance in doing so, not for me, nor the person I am addressing. Failing to change only adds to an already monstrous problem.

I sincerely wish you well ximy, in your life and in your quest for seeking what this life has to offer you. I would only encourage you to make choices that don't, by default, bind you to an inability to see all possibilities. Rather, make choices that build both you and those around you up, whether those choices be decisive, or neutral.

Sincerely, and in love

Bb

Bb
"The more the words, the less the meaning"...

"The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks." (Deut. 28:4)

ximy :) ;D

ximmy
25th October 2010, 03:55 PM
The Whine of Bellevuebully... as portrayed by ximy... :D

ximmy
26th October 2010, 11:29 PM
:D ximy has "a lot of more" for you... ;)

illumin19
27th October 2010, 07:12 PM
I don't mind a little "blessing" for animals..... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9oW0Nk7Dm4

Thank God for that "beef" 8)

ximmy
27th October 2010, 11:12 PM
I don't mind a little "blessing" for animals..... ;)

Thank God for that "beef" 8)

LOL.. I hadn't thought about that...
Let's bless this bird and get to work on him!!!