PDA

View Full Version : DeMint Threatens To Leave GOP If Agenda Is Not Limited Government

Ares
21st October 2010, 07:46 PM
"I don't want to be in Washington another six years and watch the Republican party betray the trust of the American people again. I mean, we had the White House. We had a majority in the House and the Senate. We voted for more spending and more earmarks. Most of our senior members seem to be focused on taking home the bacon. I'm not going to be in a Republican party like that and that's not what the Republican Party is across America," Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) told FOX News.

Video at link

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/10/20/jim_demint_threatens_to_leave_current_republican_p arty.html

General of Darkness
21st October 2010, 07:50 PM
All I can say is DeMint is a cool last name, and going forward I want everyone to refer to me as LeChocolat.

Sparky
21st October 2010, 08:47 PM
All I can say is DeMint is a cool last name, and going forward I want everyone to refer to me as LeChocolat.

You mean "GoD" isn't enough?

horseshoe3
22nd October 2010, 06:25 AM
I'd like to know what HIS voting record was from 2001-2006. Was he the lone republican "no" vote on all of those bills, or has he just recently become so principalled.

chad
22nd October 2010, 06:36 AM
oh noes! a politician is threatening to quit! what will i do?

General of Darkness
22nd October 2010, 06:57 AM

You mean "GoD" isn't enough?

GoD de LeChocolat to you. ;D

Down1
22nd October 2010, 02:12 PM
He may as well leave now.
The GOP getting rid of the $600.00 reporting rule will probably be the most they want to do for this "limited government" agenda.
Immigration
War
Lying prostrate before Israel
Spending
It's full speed ahead !

kregener
22nd October 2010, 02:15 PM
USA PATRIOT Act:

DeMint - - Yea

Fucking statist.