PDA

View Full Version : "Officer Bubbles" from G20 is suing youtube for 1.2m

Bullion_Bob
21st October 2010, 09:18 PM
:D

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/10/16/toronto-g20-cop.html

"The Toronto policeman dubbed "Officer Bubbles" over an incident during the G20 summit has launched a million-dollar lawsuit against popular website YouTube.
Const. Adam Josephs filed a $1.2-million lawsuit over cartoons that have surfaced since the incident.

Josephs received the nickname after a video showed him telling a young female protester that she could be arrested for blowing bubbles.
“If the bubble touches me, you're going to be arrested for assault," he told her. “It's a deliberate act on your behalf, I'm going to arrest you.”
The officer is suing the website over cartoons which he claims depict an officer resembling him abusing police power. Cartoons have surfaced showing a policeman arresting such people as Santa Claus and Barack Obama.

Josephs said in a statement of claim the cartoons have subjected him to ridicule and resulted in threats against him and his family."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMTm3QRwEc

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/6b/9b/5ea496304fa7b85d90b033a5c29b.jpeg

What he's suing over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqvsNYywCq4

Glass
21st October 2010, 09:22 PM
Josephs said in a statement of claim the cartoons have subjected him to ridicule and resulted in threats against him and his family."

No. Your actions have caused you to be subjected to ridicule. I could think of a few words that rhyme with ridi-cule but I won't. Guy seems to want to make things worse. I could think of things that rhyme with worse as well.... but I won't

Maybe Officer Bubbles needs some ........ hugz.

Heimdhal
21st October 2010, 09:33 PM
apparently this guy has been pretty much just throwing these little law suits at anyone that even remotley thinks they may have seen parts of this video at some time. This is like the fourth article I've seen about him suing people, but the first about it being YouTube itself. Hes trying to sue quite a few of the posters that left comments on the youtube channels as well.

Just like a cop, throw enough mud up on the wall and hope even just a little bit of it sticks and cha-ching, pay day. This guy needs to get gone in a hurry.

Apparition
21st October 2010, 09:38 PM
So a control freak was knowingly recorded threatening a peaceful female with detainment for insignificant behavior and now he resorts to playing the victim card instead of accepting the consequences of his actions?

This just goes to show us how mentally weak some arrogant and megalomaniacal cops really even though they tend to posing as someone much tougher than they really are.

willie pete
21st October 2010, 09:54 PM
he's probably the 20 millionith person to try and sue YT .... :D

vacuum
21st October 2010, 11:36 PM
What an idiot. He doesn't seem to remotely understand any concept of free speech at all. And he is just publicizing his behavior more.

Serpo
21st October 2010, 11:43 PM
Now officer bubbles is blowing bubbles......

Filthy Keynes
22nd October 2010, 08:12 AM
I thought police men are supposed to have been trained in how to handle "interpersonal disputes".

Dale Carnegie, the man who wrote the best seller "How To Win Friends And Influence People".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Major sections and points

The book has six major sections. The core principles of each section are quoted below.
Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
Don't criticize, condemn, or complain.
Give honest and sincere appreciation.
Arouse in the other person an eager want.

Six Ways to Make People Like You
Become genuinely interested in other people.
Smile.
Remember that a person's name is, to him or her, the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
Talk in the terms of the other person's interest.
Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely.

Twelve Ways to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
Avoid arguments.
Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never tell someone that he or she is wrong.
If you're wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
Begin in a friendly way.
Start with questions to which the other person will answer yes.
Let the other person do the talking.
Let the other person feel the idea is his/hers.
Try honestly to see things from the other person's point of view.
Sympathize with the other person.
Appeal to noble motives.
Dramatize your ideas.
Throw down a challenge; don't talk negatively when a person is absent; talk only about the positive.

Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
Call attention to other people's mistakes indirectly.
Talk about your own mistakes first.
Ask questions instead of directly giving orders.
Let the other person save face.
Praise every improvement.
Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
Encourage them by making their faults seem easy to correct.
Make the other person happy about doing what you suggest.

Seven Rules For Making Your Home Life Happier
This section was included in the original 1936 edition but omitted from the revised 1981 edition.
Don't nag.
Don't try to make your partner over.
Don't criticize.
Give honest appreciation.
Pay little attentions.
Be courteous.
Read a good book on the sexual side of marriage.