PDA

View Full Version : US woman drove mummified body around for months

Serpo
23rd October 2010, 10:07 AM
Mums the word.......relation of Herman Munster......

US woman drove mummified body around for months
A Californian woman who befriended a homeless woman and let her sleep in her car told police she didn't know where to turn when the woman unexpectedly died - so she drove the body around for 10 months.

Published: 7:00AM BST 22 Oct 2010

Officers with the Costa Mesa police found the unidentified body after getting a call about a car partially blocking a driveway, Sgt. Ed Everett said.

When officers arrived, they noticed a stench and saw a leg poking out from a blanket and some clothes, he said.

The partially mummified remains consisted of mostly skin and bones.

An autopsy showed no signs of foul play but police are still investigating the role of the car's driver.

The woman driving the car told police she met a homeless woman, who was aged in her fifties or sixties, in a park and told her she could sleep in her car, Sgt Everett said. But when the woman died in the vehicle 10 months ago, she was afraid to go to the police, he said.

The woman who drives the car, a 57-year-old who herself had fallen on hard times and was living with friends, told officers she had last seen the woman alive in December. It wasn't clear when she discovered the body in the car, he said.

"She felt she would be accused of something and with everything going on in her life, she didn't want to deal with that," Sgt Everett said.

Police also found a box of baking soda in the car, which the driver had used to try to cover up the smell, he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8079459/US-woman-drove-mummified-body-around-for-months.html

Bullion_Bob
23rd October 2010, 11:09 AM
I can't imagine how that's even possible. The smell, and mess would be unbearable.

Reminds me of that Myth Busters episode where they put two dead pigs in a Corvette inside a shipping container.

Unbelievable nasty.

milehi
23rd October 2010, 12:16 PM
I've often wished for any form of car pool buddy to use the car pool lane.

Serpo
23rd October 2010, 12:58 PM
I've often wished for any form of car pool buddy to use the car pool lane.
hahaha:oh yea maybe that was the idea the whole time

Horn
23rd October 2010, 01:11 PM
I hope she at least cracked the window a bit for her. :-\

Serpo
24th October 2010, 12:25 AM
I hope she at least cracked the window a bit for her. :-\

She tried that but here ear blew off....... :D

vacuum
24th October 2010, 02:57 AM
Doesn't it.....get hot in california?

mick silver
24th October 2010, 04:09 AM
how in the hell could anyone take the smell ... there some sick m f er in this world