PDA

View Full Version : Power went out today.........by me.

Ponce
24th October 2010, 11:01 PM
Power went out about 6 pm and came back on a few minutes ago........me? no problem.......walked about three feet and turned on one of my Coleman's one mantle lamp, placed it by my chair and started to read a good book.....................I have five of them at different location around the house......you should do the same, or at least have some candles and matches around the house ready to go.

Son-of-Liberty
24th October 2010, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me. I keep a headlamp next to the bed within easy reach. Even if I am not in my room when the power goes out it is easy to find because it is out and not put away.

Cebu_4_2
25th October 2010, 05:30 AM
power went out here yesterday at 4:11pm, didnt come back on until 3:55am, I would like to see whats going on with the power grid. A live site with maps would be something to really check out. I doubt there is anything publicly available though.

General of Darkness
25th October 2010, 06:41 AM
Ponce was this you?

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4016/4blind0fy.jpg

Neuro
25th October 2010, 06:56 AM
Ponce was this you?

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4016/4blind0fy.jpg
Hmmm... General of DARKNESS you realize you are a prime suspect don't you?

Ponce
25th October 2010, 09:15 AM
Heheheheheheh Neuro, thinking the same.........that must be HIS daddy.

Dogman
25th October 2010, 09:18 AM
Keep flashlights in every room in know places, then depending how long the power maybe out, act accordantly stay on battery or crank the gen set.

zusn
25th October 2010, 09:51 AM
It's hard for me to keep flashlights handy since the kids love to mess with them and lose them. My house has a pretty open layout and I do have an emergency light that is good enough to get me to my oil lamps. I have a good battery backup for my computer equipment, so internet and phone stays up for as long as I want. A whole house standby generator is next on my list though. Don't want to lose the food in the freezer during and extended power outage. Also, I would like to be able to run the furnace since I don't have a backup heat source.

1970 silver art
25th October 2010, 11:13 AM
I thought that the power was going to go off where I was at today with the numorous thunderstorms that we had for a large part of today but the power stayed on during the day. If the power ended up going out while I was at home, the I would just use a flashlight.

Shorty Harris
5th November 2010, 05:17 AM
The power has gone out here 3-4 times since midnight. last time for about 25 mins, just came back on at 0800 eastern. The time before that was almost an hour. Starting at about 0430 est. Also a couple of times since midnight the times before that. The power gestapo has no clue as to the reason.

Strange days lie ahead my friends.