PDA

View Full Version : Canadian gun-hating is in full swing

Awoke
26th October 2010, 03:18 PM
They must be catching on that people are getting licensed and purchasing firearms, because the newspapers are running gun-violence stories that are both current and old, and the TV is reiterating gun violence stories that are over 3 years old.

The brainwashing is palpable.

chad
26th October 2010, 03:24 PM
i don't get canada. i go to ontario about 5 or 6 times a year. it's a vast swath of nothingness, at least where i go. why be against guns when the nearest habitable town is an hour away? makes no sense to me.

Ponce
26th October 2010, 03:34 PM
Only those in power are against "We The People" having guns.........they know that someday it will be used against them.

gunDriller
26th October 2010, 03:37 PM
when you're in the country, you can't rely on the police to deal with a situation like a home invasion robbery, the way you might be able to if your house is 5 blocks from the police station.

but Canadians are allowed to have rifles (aren't they ?), which are highly functional in home/ family protection situations.

mrnhtbr2232
26th October 2010, 03:46 PM
They must be catching on that people are getting licensed and purchasing firearms, because the newspapers are running gun-violence stories that are both current and old, and the TV is reiterating gun violence stories that are over 3 years old.

The brainwashing is palpable.

Gun "violence" is like honey to the fear bees. Media advertisers love it. Yet how many out there connect the dots that their natural right to defense is being whored by the bottom line?

Spectrism
26th October 2010, 03:47 PM
Yes this is part of the plan. Take power and money from those who might resist. Control of the dumb masses.

Ash_Williams
26th October 2010, 04:33 PM
but Canadians are allowed to have rifles (aren't they ?), which are highly functional in home/ family protection situations.

You can have basically anything as long as it's not automatic or extra small. Rifles and shotguns come with the regular license and you can buy them and transport them as you wish. Handguns require the restricted license and you have to provide a reason to buy one and you need a piece of paper to take it from the gun store to your home, and then another piece of paper if you ever want to take it to a gun club.

Once any type of gun is in your home you gotta store it unloaded and disabled and locked up. So for personal defense you may as well just pick up the golf club rather than go unlock your gun and put it back together and load it.

I keep a very large and sharp machete ready and all my lights are off and most inside doors are always closed. I know I wouldn't want to break in here. If I'm ever selling something and have someone coming to the the house to pickup I have an airgun tucked in the back of my jeans - it is an excellent replica of a handgun and without examining it closely I don't see how anyone would know it's not real if it were pulled on them.

midnight rambler
26th October 2010, 04:36 PM
when you're in the country, you can't rely on the police to deal with a situation like a home invasion robbery, the way you might be able to if your house is 5 blocks from the police station.

No matter where you are, the only way to deal with a home invasion is to kill 'em first, then call the cops.

steyr_m
26th October 2010, 06:36 PM

Yes. I also own two pistols an an AR.

SHTF2010
27th October 2010, 01:24 AM
documents ?

we're supposed to fill out documents ?

er . . . . nevermind

Twisted Titan
27th October 2010, 08:05 AM

No matter where you are, the only way to deal with a home invasion is to kill 'em first, then call the cops.

Slight modification on that

Awoke
27th October 2010, 09:38 AM
Ash is right, but you don't have to provide a "reason" to buy restricted.
All you need is your restricted license, and you can purchase what you want. The store you buy from will apply for a one-time ATT for you to get it from the store to the house, or they will mail it to you, but then that's it.

Once you have restricted arms, they're no good to you, because you can't take them anywhere (Legally) without an ATT.
They only way to get that is to have your Gun Club apply for you.

Anyways, I just noticed that over the last week there have been a lot of radio broadcasts on the news, television and newspapers that are drudging up old gun-violence stories and inculcating the people these tragedies.

In parallel, I am noticing that a lot more people seem to be getting interested in guns. People that don't normally care for that kind of thing, who normally aren't interested in anything that is not mainstream.

I'm pro-gun, and I try to encourage everyone I know to get their license and get some firearms, and learn how to handle them safely, etc. I have had a lot of people out to our gun club and let them shoot my collection. It's fun, and I believe that everyone should know how to handle firearms safely. Anyways, I wonder if there has been a province-wide increase in purchases or new licenses or something, to trigger the lucies into panic mode and start the anti-gun campaign up again.