PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Doctor to have cholesteral checked.

steyr_m
26th October 2010, 06:23 PM
I started the "Primal/Palaeo diet" a few months ago. HDL's went from 1.23 --> (and became) 1.76. LDL's was 5.73 --> 4.81. Triglycerides 1.4 --> 1.17.

Doc was impressed. I have to say, after those numbers; and after losing 10-15 pounds... I'll be sticking with it.

nunaem
26th October 2010, 11:08 PM
I started a low-carb/timed-carb+intermittent fasting diet this Summer as well. Aside from the weight loss, the improvements in energy, mental clarity and mood and testosterone are great. I find I need less than 30g of carbs to get the best benefits.
I eat about 6 eggs a day, so I imagine my cholesterol would be slightly elevated.

Neuro
27th October 2010, 12:11 AM
I started a low-carb/timed-carb+intermittent fasting diet this Summer as well. Aside from the weight loss, the improvements in energy, mental clarity and mood and testosterone are great. I find I need less than 30g of carbs to get the best benefits.
I eat about 6 eggs a day, so I imagine my cholesterol would be slightly elevated.
I bet it isn't, unless you have chronic pain or elevated stress levels...

nunaem
27th October 2010, 10:13 AM
I bet it isn't, unless you have chronic pain or elevated stress levels...

I'm in pretty good shape actually. My RHR is 41, so my heart is strong enough to handle a couple eggs.