PDA

View Full Version : apmex getting slammed HARD

chad
27th October 2010, 05:07 PM
just took me 40 minutes to check out of apmex. server kept timing out. when i started trying, there were 72 of the 5 ounce silvertowne bars left. i finally got checked out when there were 4 left. they're now gone.

http://www.apmex.com/Product/50654/5_oz_999_Fine_Silver_Bars___Silvertowne.aspx

i went back and looked at some other pages of stuff i was browsing as well, bar type stuff. all significantly down in stock.

just a heads up...

mamboni
27th October 2010, 05:14 PM
The sheeple are waking up, little by little. Today's silver price is no screaming bargain to us veterans who are accustomed to $7, 14 and sub $20. But dips like today are getting gobbled up by new buyers desperate to get in the game. And it doesn't take that many people to wipe out the physical silver inventory.

MAGNES
27th October 2010, 06:01 PM
The sheeple are waking up, little by little. Today's silver price is no screaming bargain to us veterans who are accustomed to $7, 14 and sub $20. But dips like today are getting gobbled up by new buyers desperate to get in the game. And it doesn't take that many people to wipe out the physical silver inventory.

I paid roughly $16.00-$17.00 for all my silver, SAE, Maples, 10 Ozers.
Paid roughly $3.00 over spot for everything.
In 2006, came to party buying a bit late.

Whole bunch of rarer rounds and coins bought mostly for
collectible status, like my 1984 Pegasus or Bermuda or Bahamas
silver, just got a silver Crown GB, 1891, $30.00 .
I wish I had money for some ancient silver.

When I see the price of silver stay strong past $20 I have
mixed feelings, "should of bought monster boxes", "you
moron losing money on puts" "silver is coming down hard"
"no physical" "we knew, we karnacs" "we real economists"
"I am buying more puts" ;D If only I had investors in this
business, go long silver, me keep profits, give them 10%. lol
"god dam CRIMEX" "f'n hooos" "g d Rockefellers" "f n JPMorganChase"
All sorts of names flash before me eyes, LeMetro, Butler, even NWO Hommel,
ABX, Munk, GSuck.

Am I crazy ? ;D

Number one feeling among all of them,
silver is disappearing for real, it ain't our
imagination. We documented what happened
in 2008. I strongly believe on next major hit
on silver there will be practically no physical
available.

ximmy
27th October 2010, 06:07 PM
TPTB are trying very hard to hold the price down... (the rise is imminent) this can be good, though, for those who still want to get on the silver train...

Fortyone
27th October 2010, 06:15 PM
Im getting asked all the time now about PMs, as Im a known silver bug.I seem to have lost my memory concerning the barbarous relics :-\

EE_
27th October 2010, 06:22 PM
John Embry - Gold & Silver Commercial Signal Failure

John Embry, Chief Investment Strategist for Sprott Asset Management, believes the long awaited commercial signal failure in gold and silver may be at hand: “...demonstrated by an explosion in open interest on the Comex as the usual suspects shorted aggressively in an attempt to mitigate the relentless buying that was occurring. This, I suspect, will result in either another correction, which should be short and shallow, or more probably, the long-awaited commercial signal failure in which the shorts are overrun and forced to cover in a rising market.”
October 25, 2010

John Embry continues:
“With the economic outlook deteriorating, more quantitative easing on the horizon globally, currency unrest mounting everywhere and physical supplies of gold and silver dwindling, the powers-that-be have their work cut out for them if they hope to keep the prices of gold and silver in check.

The suggestion that gold is in a bubble phase is the latest tactic of the anti-gold crowd, whose predictions, incidentally, for the price of gold and silver have now been consistently wrong for 10 years.

Jimmy Rogers, who is one of the world’s leading authorities on commodities, dealt with the bubble issue recently by recounting an interesting anecdote. While addressing a group of high-end money managers, he inquired as to how many of them held gold or silver in their accounts and, remarkably, 75 percent replied that they had never owned either precious metal.

As far as I’m concerned, that put to rest any idea that we are even remotely close to a bubble in gold or silver. When gold is trading at several multiples of the current price at some point in the future, you can be assured that every single person at a similar gathering would be long and then discussion of a bubble might be legitimate. In my considered opinion, we are many years and thousands of dollars in price away from that debate.”

Investors should continue to use weakness in gold and silver to accumulate both metals. Buy gold & silver and take delivery of the physical, do not use paper instruments. These monetary instruments will have you outside of the system, which will in all likelihood collapse at some point.

Eric King
KingWorldNews.com

MAGNES
27th October 2010, 06:30 PM
John Embry - Gold & Silver Commercial Signal Failure

John Embry, Chief Investment Strategist for Sprott Asset Management, believes the long awaited commercial signal failure in gold and silver may be at hand: “...demonstrated by an explosion in open interest on the Comex as the usual suspects shorted aggressively in an attempt to mitigate the relentless buying that was occurring. This, I suspect, will result in either another correction, which should be short and shallow, or more probably, the long-awaited commercial signal failure in which the shorts are overrun and forced to cover in a rising market.”
October 25, 2010

So Embry believes the shorts have lost control.
The shorts are blatant criminals first of all, we have
seen it all, it will happen again. Only a real physical
shortage that manifests itself in the marketplace
will be the end of shorts IMO . Before that comes they
will close out or should. It is an election year
and the propped markets ensured gold silver
doesn't get hammered as well.

They capped 75 + Million OZ. in the $19.50-20.50 range.
Who closed out the shorts recently ? Small players
short covering seeking to ride the big player shorts,
the "raptors" Butler is talking about ? ? ?
Don't think JPMChase would lose money like that.
That would be the first time.
http://snalaska.net/cot/current/charts/SI.png

Filthy Keynes
27th October 2010, 06:56 PM
Magnes, where do you get that chart? Do you have a link?

I'm also looking for the chart that shows month over month the weakness/strength in the gold price over the past 6~ish years. I remember seeing one over the summer and noticing that September was the best recent historical month for gold and October was a negative month. I believe that November and December are also good months historically.

chad
27th October 2010, 07:07 PM
COT chart

http://www.cotpricecharts.com/commitmentscurrent/

click SI

MAGNES
27th October 2010, 08:12 PM
Magnes, where do you get that chart? Do you have a link?

I'm also looking for the chart that shows month over month the weakness/strength in the gold price over the past 6~ish years. I remember seeing one over the summer and noticing that September was the best recent historical month for gold and October was a negative month. I believe that November and December are also good months historically.

Those charts are harder and harder to get, the other sites I had went down.

Compare Prices , same time frame to that chart, that is a key chart.
I have old charts I could do some work and put them up for people.
Take time, was waiting for VB.

We used to watch TOCOM, GS daily COT report on gold.
I am a student of LeMetroPole, and Hamilton at Zeal.
COT chart is key. 3 years in a row, Hamilton right as well,
real gold correction is 35%. Corresponds roughly with COT
charts, low on Shorts, and low on OI.

And seasonals, that is your question, on seasonals,
run roughly from a summer low correction to April May highs,
with maybe some hiccups, you want to time a month, good
luck, I got my clocked cleaned buying puts going back a year.

Buy close to the money calls going out to May/July SI contract,
on COT lows, line up the stars, seasonal lows, low COT shorts,
low OI, corresponds anyways, low prices getting super whacked.
I did that 3 years in a row. 2009 lows did not work out.

Shorts will close out, we are dealing with the world greatest criminals.

Silver Shield
28th October 2010, 02:54 AM
I have long said that silver will go to a mild price of say $35 to $50 an ounce and then you will not be able to buy it for any price.

This will trigger a default and the scam that has been foisted on the world since 1873 that silver is not money, not a precious metal but more an industrial metal.

I believe silver is rarer than gold above ground and it is consumed never to be recovered.

The below ground stocks are becoming rarer since most silver is found near the surface.

The paper instruments like SLV and comex shorts suppress physical delivery and trade hundreds of paper ounces to the physical.

Bring on the collapse.

I will cash out 1 ounce of silver for an acre of land.

I will cash out 1 ounce of silver for an ounce of gold.

I will cash out 1 ounce of silver for 1 share of the Dow.

Will you hold?

mamboni
28th October 2010, 05:08 AM
I have long said that silver will go to a mild price of say $35 to $50 an ounce and then you will not be able to buy it for any price.

This will trigger a default and the scam that has been foisted on the world since 1873 that silver is not money, not a precious metal but more an industrial metal.

I believe silver is rarer than gold above ground and it is consumed never to be recovered.

The below ground stocks are becoming rarer since most silver is found near the surface.

The paper instruments like SLV and comex shorts suppress physical delivery and trade hundreds of paper ounces to the physical.

Bring on the collapse.

Will you hold?

From your lips to you-know-who's ear. ;D

Twisted Titan
28th October 2010, 06:10 AM

available.

I remember the Great Silver Lockout of 08 quite well.

I personally saw 2 of my well stocked dealers go absolutely bone dry ( the only thig they had was mega overpriced numastic coins)

Junk.........gone

Peace and Morgans......Poof

SAE.... had premiums of almost 7-10 dollars AND PEOPLE WERE PAYING IT WITHOUT A WHIMPER

Monster Boxes couldnt not be located and the backlog was 3-5 months depending on the dealer

I rememebr I got one the last Monster Boxes before the lockdown and the dealer was screaming bloody murder about how I was "killing" him on the price.( but I had cash in hand and he had to honor the price he quoted me less then 12 hours prior ).

That was exciting but also scary as hell.

I never saw fear and panic ever motivate a market........... I wont forget it.

T

mamboni
28th October 2010, 06:17 AM

available.

I remember the Great Silver Lockout of 08 quite well.

I personally saw 2 of my well stocked dealers go absolutely bone dry ( the only thig they had was mega overpriced numastic coins)

Junk.........gone

Peace and Morgans......Poof

SAE.... had premiums of almost 7-10 dollars AND PEOPLE WERE PAYING IT WITHOUT A WHIMPER

Monster Boxes couldnt not be located and the backlog was 3-5 months depending on the dealer

I rememebr I got one the last Monster Boxes before the lockdown and the dealer was screaming bloody murder about how I was "killing" him on the price.( but I had cash in hand and he had to honor the price he quoted me less then 12 hours prior ).

That was exciting but also scary as hell.

I never saw fear and panic ever motivate a market........... I wont forget it.

T

Yep! When silver price dropped massively in '08, the paper price that is, there was no physical silver to be had, none! Yeah, you could get SAEs but the premiums were so high that the retail price had completely disconnected from the paper spot price.

Filthy Keynes
28th October 2010, 06:31 AM
I first became "precious metal savvy" in Feb 2009 after reading Peter Schiff's book Crash Proof and The Little Book of Bull Moves in Bear Markets. I remember having a very hard time finding gold and silver. I bought two Krugerrands and about 200oz of junk silver - that's all the coin shop had - I cleaned them out.

chad
28th October 2010, 06:35 AM
i'm already seeing it here. i just quit the local guy last week. anything that comes in is gone is about 20 minutes. he puts people on a phone list now. when stuff comes in, he calls people and it's first come, first served. i live 17 miles away, and i can't get there fast enough. tried 3 times last week. only stuff he has "in stock" is over priced numismatic graded garbage.

mamboni
28th October 2010, 06:38 AM
i'm already seeing it here. i just quit the local guy last week. anything that comes in is gone is about 20 minutes. he puts people on a phone list now. when stuff comes in, he calls people and it's first come, first served. i live 17 miles away, and i can't get there fast enough. tried 3 times last week. only stuff he has "in stock" is over priced numismatic graded garbage.

Chad, do you recall local shop's approx asking prices for silver junk, SAEs and bullion bars?

1970 silver art
28th October 2010, 06:41 AM
I remember in the fall 2008. Whenever my local dealers had any silver art bars, they were selling them for $5-$6 over spot and at that time, that was the lowest premium I could find locally. The coin show that I went to in the fall of 2008 had silver rounds and bars but most of them were selling at $5 over spot when spot was just under $10/oz. The lowest premium that I remember seeing at that local fall coin show about 2 years ago was $4 over spot. APMEX at the time was either down or they did not have any silver whatsoever. Not only was APMEX slammed, but they were knocked out during 2008 from what I remember.

chad
28th October 2010, 06:52 AM

Chad, do you recall local shop's approx asking prices for silver junk, SAEs and bullion bars?

he wants $5 over spot for generic anything, and people are paying it FAST + right away, i can't believe it. i guess people are paying SAE premiums for generic now.

SAEs i never look at because i don't believe in numismatic, but i know he has hardly none anyway. about the only coin stuff he has left is walkers, peace dollars, and morgans. it's all slabbed stuff for $40 a coin or whatever.

Twisted Titan
28th October 2010, 07:01 AM
Every Man and Woman on this Board who holds Gold and Silver will be a Future Sovereign King or Queen as they will able to write their own Financial Destiny.

How Fortunate am I to find myself in such company.

Our day of vindication is fast approaching.

T

Filthy Keynes
28th October 2010, 07:06 AM
Every Man and Woman on this Board who holds Gold and Silver will be Future Sovereign King and Queens as they will able to write their own Financial Destiny.

Our day of vindication is fast approaching.

T

Awesome! I love it!

I am going to show up at Wall Street looking like this:

http://blog.syracuse.com/storefront/2008/03/large_king.jpg

Or maybe this:

http://blog.mlive.com/flintopinion_impact/2008/12/large_burger_king_meat.jpg

Twisted Titan
28th October 2010, 07:18 AM
Nah..........

Im showing up on Wall Street riding a Black Steed with a bag of Banker Heads in my gunny sack.

Thats the collateral I redeem for defaulted loans. ;D

gunDriller
28th October 2010, 07:42 AM
Every Man and Woman on this Board who holds Gold and Silver will be Future Sovereign King and Queens as they will able to write their own Financial Destiny.

Our day of vindication is fast approaching.T

obviously, not having one's savings evaporate when the dollar devalues another 90% is a big plus.

BUT - who do you think was buying when the US & England were selling all their many tons of gold ?

i'd bet a silver eagle that Rothschild was in there buying all that cheap gold, preparing for the day when it would rise in value as it is beginning to do now.

so if we're kings & queens, what are they, besides God in their own minds ?

sirgonzo420
28th October 2010, 07:53 AM
They'd still be the richest damned family on the planet.

It's kinda hard to compete with about 1/2 the world's wealth.

Plastic
28th October 2010, 08:03 AM

Bring on the collapse.

Will you hold?

I agree with this whole heartedly with the exception of silver not being recoverable, it is recoverable from the dumps, but it needs to have a price comperable to gold to be profitable. That is why I believe it will soon trade one for one with gold, and a single ounce will buy an acre of decent cropland.

Book
28th October 2010, 08:13 AM

http://stkarnick.com/culture/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/twilight_zone-rod-serling.jpg

:oo-->

gunDriller
28th October 2010, 11:24 AM
They'd still be the richest damned family on the planet.

It's kinda hard to compete with about 1/2 the world's wealth.

though there is a saving grace - one person with a do-it-yourself attitude can accomplish more with $100K than can another person with a $million and a sub-contract-everything-out attitude. and i perceive that the Rothschilds and their hangers-on are in the latter camp.

Awoke
28th October 2010, 11:32 AM
I personally don't buy junk silver. I buy and hold recognized rounds and bars, with the exception of the GIM rounds I was foolish enough to buy from the freemasons.

EDIT - I mean, the GIM rounds are silver and it was not foolish to buy silver, but I would have bought SAEs, Maples or phillies if I had have known that they were damned data-mining freemasonic government agents.

Liquid
28th October 2010, 11:39 AM
I like to buy junk silver on ebay, in small amounts. It is great how a liitle here and there adds up. I've got a few Morgans on the way, my first ones!

1970 silver art
28th October 2010, 11:47 AM
I buy mainly 1-oz '70's silver art bars from local coin dealers, coin shows, and occasionally ebay if I can get it at a decent premium over spot. I used to buy from APMEX but I stopped buying from them in August 2008 once I became addicted to '70's silver art bars.

DMac
28th October 2010, 11:50 AM

Our day of vindication is fast approaching.T

obviously, not having one's savings evaporate when the dollar devalues another 90% is a big plus.

BUT - who do you think was buying when the US & England were selling all their many tons of gold ?

i'd bet a silver eagle that Rothschild was in there buying all that cheap gold, preparing for the day when it would rise in value as it is beginning to do now.

so if we're kings & queens, what are they, besides God in their own minds ?

Who bought England's 400 tons of gold sold under Gordon Brown's tutelage 1999-2002?

Rothschild & co supposedly left the gold market in 2004.

GLD founded in late 2004.