PDA

View Full Version : HOUSTON: We Have A PROBLEM!!! -->Blatant US Gold/Silver grab @ int'l airports

beefsteak
31st October 2010, 04:41 AM
This is from a MAY 2010 reporting period.

(Excerpts from a blog on October 5, 2010 by Bob Bauman JD, former US Senator. http://bauman.sovereignsociety.com/2010/10/05/more-about-government-confiscation-of-gold/)

A report in the Houston Chronicle on May 31, 2010 stated that U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston, seized $253,294 in cash and $159,382 in gold and silver in 14 separate seizures during the month of May.

This report involves only one of many international airport and other entry and exit points in the U.S., so those figures can be multiplied many times over.

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents have virtually unchecked power to seize any unreported (see below) currency or precious metals under civil forfeiture laws, at which point their victim must begin a lengthy and costly legal battle to prove the confiscated property was legally theirs.

Guilty Until Proven Innocent
Of course this sort of police power is based on the unconstitutional assumption that everyone with cash or gold valued at over $2500 is guilty of some crime until they can prove their innocence.

At the Houston Airport during May, officers seized one bar of gold, two silver bullion bars and three bottles of gold nuggets because, they said, travelers failed to file a Shipper’s Export Declaration[ (SED). This automated U.S. Census Bureau declaration is required when transporting a commodity out (or into) the country valued at least $2,500.

http://bauman.sovereignsociety.com/files/2010/10/gold-150x150.jpg

Failure to file a shipper’s export declaration can result in the commodity’s seizure. The
consequences for stating incorrect information on the Shippers Export Declaration form are severe and may result in a fine up to $10,000 and/ or imprisonment.

It would appear from the above that anyone planning to transport gold or other precious metals in or out of the U.S. had better accompanying it with an SED, and it might even be better to have an appraised value document certifying the value as well.

Otherwise Big Brother’s greedy confiscation agents will grab your property — and you may never get it back. Such is the state of “freedom” in America today.

gunDriller
31st October 2010, 07:19 AM
how often did things like this happen before 9-11 & the Zionist Coup D'etat in the United States ?

this is full-blown capital controls. America is a police state. Maybe i should adopt a Jewish surname and start wearing a yarmulke, then get a jeweler's business card. then i can pose as one of The Chosen and not get hassled at airports ?

actually, i can think of a few ways around these assholes but i wouldn't post it on a public forum.

willie pete
31st October 2010, 08:27 AM
$159k in one month....Christmas bonuses this year.. :D

beefsteak
31st October 2010, 12:06 PM
"Give me your tired (from carrying around all that heavy gold and silver in their luggage),
your not so [sic] poor, (WOT???? You have a gold nugget pinkie ring?)
your huddled masses yearning to breathe free... (even that's not free in Chemtrail USA)"

What does this say about a nation who keeps the gold and silver but exports jobs????

Something wrong with this picture, Houston

Dvrumo
1st November 2010, 05:42 AM
I wonder if they are applying this to jewelry as well. Seems like many will have more than $2500 in value and not even know it.

Half Sense
1st November 2010, 12:14 PM
Just wear a big gaudy 10-oz medallion and throw it in the bin with your change and wristwatch.

Son-of-Liberty
3rd November 2010, 09:26 PM
Just buy a colored diamond and put it in a ring. The retards would never suspect that it could be worth hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars.