PDA

View Full Version : Vanadium metal

mike88
1st November 2010, 10:59 AM
Used in high strength, lightweight steel alloys. Also being developed for storage batteries tied into wind power electrical grids. Better recharge cycle ability, ability to deliver massive discharge w/o damage to battery. Energizer Resources has a 100% stake in the Green Giant property in Madagascar. They can purify this deposit with an alkaline leaching process. ENZR is the stock symbol, I am in as a gambling play in the brokerage account. Mine is planned to start production in 2014, drill results promising. Just sayin'.

JohnQPublic
10th November 2010, 11:49 AM
I lowball bid on a couple of vanadium ingots (arc cast) on ebay, but got out bid near the very end (probably by the seller's friend). It would be cool just to have a chunk of it. Tantalum is another metal I have some interest in.

milehi
10th November 2010, 12:18 PM
Does anyone know where to get spot prices for vanadium? I have several hundred pounds I'm looking to get rid of. I also have several hundred pounds each of cobalt cromium, and 6/4 titanium. I have a boatload of surgical stainless too, and don't want to leave any money on the table.

mike88
11th November 2010, 09:45 PM
did a serch, ......Metal Prices . com came up with spot for many you mentioned. LME , London metal exchange may also be a place to look.

mike88
29th November 2010, 11:08 AM
mining stock ENZR up 11% so far today. been waiting for this one to move up.