Deleted

G2Rad
1st November 2010, 08:04 PM
GLOCK 19

skid
1st November 2010, 09:44 PM
In Canada, I would buy a Norinco 1911.

Marstar has them for cheap http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/index-hg.shtm

They are fully forged with a chrome lined barrel. Many custom builders start with this platform. Did i mention they are inexpensive too?? You might also want to pick up the .308 M-14 as well...

Book
1st November 2010, 10:33 PM
GLOCK 19

My all-time most bestest favorite. Perfection.

|--0--|

Gaillo
1st November 2010, 11:31 PM
GLOCK 19

My all-time most bestest favorite. Perfection.

|--0--|

So you keep sayin'!!! 8)
That's only because you haven't yet had the privilege of shooting a Sig Sauer P228 or H&K P2000 V3 9mm yet... ;D

horseshoe3
4th November 2010, 10:07 AM
In Canada, I would buy a Norinco 1911.

Marstar has them for cheap http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/index-hg.shtm

They are fully forged with a chrome lined barrel. Many custom builders start with this platform. Did i mention they are inexpensive too?? You might also want to pick up the .308 M-14 as well...

+1000

Those Chinese m14s are the best deal in battle rifles. Pity us "free" Americans can't get them.

Awoke
4th November 2010, 08:35 PM
Are you doing your Non-Restricted and & Restricted at the same time?

Or are you getting the Non-Res. first, then doing an Res. course later?

Awoke
17th November 2010, 09:24 AM
Save yourself a lot of waiting and hassle:

Do not mail the forms in VIA the postal service. Instead, call the CFO directly and talk to one of the CFO's there. (Chief Firearms Officer)

Ask politely if you can FAX the info in, instead of mailing it.
I did this and turned a 3-4 month process into a 2-3 week process.

keehah
21st November 2010, 10:26 PM
Congratulations.

The last hoop is don't wait longer than x weeks plus 1 for your licence in the mail after you have sent them all your paperwork and are supposed to wait x weeks to get it in the mail. But nothing happens until you call them and ask what the delay is and they send it out to you right after that. Least that is how it went for me and the few I have asked a few years back. Perhaps your face to face chat is the Quebec version of this. Vive la différence.
:dunno

Only the sheep in the cities are anti-gun. Of course most people are sheep in the cities.

Awoke
23rd November 2010, 07:18 AM
Once you get your restricted, I suggest you take people to the gun club you join to try out firearms. I have something for everyone: Pistols, centerfire rifles, shotguns, and rimfire, so even the most timid can feel comfortable with the trip. Some first timers are more reluctant/shy while others are gung-ho.

I try to always invite people that have never handled a firearm before. Most people are sheep, and the newspapers have planted an anti-gun bias in most of them. By inviting them out for an afternoon of shooting, they can experience the exhilaration and fun of responsibly discharging firearms in a safe environment, and you might turn a gun-hater into a gun-lover.

My deal is, the first time is free. If they want to come again, they pay for the ammo. (I have to buy retail because I don't have reloading gear yet)

solid
28th November 2010, 09:49 AM
Any suggestions for my first hand gun ?

So far, i have tried a revolver with .38 special rounds and a sig 9mm pistol. think it was a p226 but it was 4 years ago

This is a tough one. I own a Glock 27, the small 40 cal. It's a great little gun. You could drag it through the mud and it will still shoot. You can't go wrong with a Glock.

However, my dream hand gun...and if I could 'carry' in my state, would be a Kimber 45. 45 is a good round, lot's of stopping power. The recoil is very manageable, and the Kimber just has rock solid quality when you shoot it.

They are a bit pricey however, close to double the price of a Glock. But once you shoot one, it's love I tell ya!

Awoke
28th November 2010, 05:09 PM
If you want a Poly/composite pistol, I suggest the Springfield XD(m) or a Glock
If you want a metal semi-auot/1911 type, I suggest Kimber or Sig.
If you want a revolver, there are many to pick from, but I like Taurus.

zap
14th December 2010, 06:39 PM
Whoo HOOOO

Christmas shopping for yourself !!!

Congrats !!!!

Awoke
15th December 2010, 07:31 AM
Having your RPAL will allow you to aquire restricted arms, but without being a member of an authorized gun club, you will never get an ATT (Authorization to Transport), so the guns will be a prisoner in your home.

You won't be allowed to take them out anywhere. (The restricted ones)