PDA

View Full Version : Silver BUSTS THROUGH //$25// $26! Like blows the doors down!

Filthy Keynes
3rd November 2010, 06:57 PM
Breaking down the $25 barrier. King World News was talking about the $25 range where there are a ton of stops for short positions. If we hit the upper $25 then WATCH OUT! This volcano is going to blow! Just look at the range today! Incredible.

General of Darkness
3rd November 2010, 07:03 PM
I feel something funny in my pants. :morph:

Rebel Yarr
3rd November 2010, 07:07 PM
Yeah - crazy Asia movements - +17 on gold and +.70 on silver - straight nuts! Can't believe we bottomed so quickly......

Looks like we might get our first cap movement in a long time - in the AM.

BarneyFag
3rd November 2010, 07:20 PM
$24 was the dip. Bye bye $25, see at you at $26.

osoab
3rd November 2010, 07:20 PM
Nice to see now. Let's see what happens when London and New York opens.

General, TMI. :puke

General of Darkness
3rd November 2010, 07:23 PM

I do apologize Osoab, but you know me. My mind does control my mouth, fingers and other parts. ;D

osoab
3rd November 2010, 07:27 PM

I do apologize Osoab, but you know me. My mind does control my mouth, fingers and other parts. ;D

No apologies necessary General. Just a good reason to use the puke smiley ;D

Awoke
3rd November 2010, 07:32 PM

Does it start with an "E" and end with "rection"?

Trinity
3rd November 2010, 07:35 PM
Oh my!

osoab
3rd November 2010, 07:37 PM

Does it start with an "E" and end with "rection"?

I really don't think I want to see what he makes out of silver bars next. ;D

Awoke
3rd November 2010, 08:06 PM
I'm really enjoying this Silver action and volatility. It took me a bit of time to get my head wrapped around trading on the dips between $23 and $24. Too long to catch on.

Now it looks like I'll be watching from dips from $25 down to $24....

But don't follow me. I'm a noob.

bellevuebully
3rd November 2010, 08:26 PM
I'm really enjoying this Silver action and volatility. It took me a bit of time to get my head wrapped around trading on the dips between $23 and $24. Too long to catch on.

Trading a bull market is a suckers game Awoke. That's why they call it a bull, bro. Any pro invester I've ever followed will tell you that. Accumulate product. When silver's at 3 digits, 25 will look awfully cheap. Think of it this way......one glock's worth of silver now will probably be 5 or 6 glock's in a few years. Sometimes you just gotta speak the right language, eh?;)

Ponce
3rd November 2010, 09:24 PM
Like I keep on saying.........keep an eye on the overseas market at night time because they are the ones with money to buy silver and not the Amerian people.........they are BROKEEEEEEEE.

General of Darkness
3rd November 2010, 09:55 PM
Trading a bull market is a suckers game Awoke. That's why they call it a bull, bro. Any pro invester I've ever followed will tell you that. Accumulate product. When silver's at 3 digits, 25 will look awfully cheap. Think of it this way......one glock's worth of silver now will probably be 5 or 6 glock's in a few years. Sometimes you just gotta speak the right language, eh?;)

Quote of the year. 5 Stars

1970 silver art
4th November 2010, 01:34 AM
HOLY COW!!!!!!!

Silver is at $25.15 as I type this. This is amazing. GO DOG!!!!!!!!!

1970 silver art
4th November 2010, 02:50 AM
DAAAAAAAAAUM!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver high so far = $25.36.

We might be seeing $26 silver very soon.

Silver Shield
4th November 2010, 03:09 AM
Remember kiddies that silver will go to a relatively small price of say $35 to $50 then you will not be able to buy silver at any price.

I have been theorizing this since 07 and that at those numbers the pain will be too much for the silver shorts and the whole fraud will be exposed.

The naked short selling of physical...

The ponzi SLV...

The leasing of silver that does not exist...

The non existent unallocated physical storage...

The dollar ponzi scheme...

The PPT and their pumping of the stock market...

Bankster frauds of all sorts will come to light and people will rush to the only logical place for safety gold and silver.

But now the other side, the greed side, those that own physical silver and gold will not sell the best and only asset to be in for a time. They will set the terms...

An ounce of silver for an share of the Dow, or an ounce of gold, or an acre of land. You can keep your worthless paper money.

Do not trade this market...

Do not sell too early...

Be prepared for what is next.

Awoke
4th November 2010, 04:00 AM

I'm not sure about that. In a year I have made 32% gains on my initial pool account investment (http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/anyone-catching-this/msg121962/#msg121962).

It was a small chunk of cash that I had on hand that I could "afford to lose" at the time, so I trade it like I can afford to lose it. Seems to be doing OK so far, but maybe I am just looking at the small picture...
..I was never very "economically minded", so I'm just winging it, and have faith in the intrinsic value of PMs.

bellevuebully
4th November 2010, 05:10 AM

I'm not sure about that. In a year I have made 32% gains on my initial pool account investment (http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/anyone-catching-this/msg121962/#msg121962).

It was a small chunk of cash that I had on hand that I could "afford to lose" at the time, so I trade it like I can afford to lose it. Seems to be doing OK so far, but maybe I am just looking at the small picture...
..I was never very "economically minded", so I'm just winging it, and have faith in the intrinsic value of PMs.

I was just giving ya a hard time Awoke......I didn't really mean you were a sucker. Btw, 32% is a great gain. But as far as the big pic, yes, over the longer term, most people get wiped out or left behind in one trade. Look at the volatility in the market in the last 24 hours......from 25 to 24, back to 24, and on to 25.5.......a buck and a half in 24 hrs.........gotta love rollar coasters.........these are the only ones I can enjoy, the real ones give me vertigo. ;D

AndreaGail
4th November 2010, 05:47 AM
sheesh...25.52 :o

chad
4th November 2010, 06:04 AM
holy smokes, look at palladium. up $27? jeeze.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
4th November 2010, 06:14 AM
$1400 gold & $26 silver on the way.

Looks like the QE2 announcement was less than reassuring.. :D

1970 silver art
4th November 2010, 06:30 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DOG is kicking serious ass and taking names. Silver high so far = $25.66. Only 0.34 from $26.00. If it does not touch $26 today, then tomorrow we might see it touch $26.00. I was predicting earlier this year that silver was going to finish at $23 (or higher) on December 31, 2010 and I know that the year is not over yet but it appears that silver is going to finish well above $23 on December 31, 2010. This is just amazing to me that we are talking $25 silver right now.

mrnhtbr2232
4th November 2010, 06:31 AM
Just remember the same insidious bastards raping us dry are also watching the show - you can bet they will find a way to make it hurt for anyone that transacts new found wealth in the future. When I bought my last house I had to prove where the money came from - I would imagine any straight swap of land for metal that gets legally recorded will suffer the same fate. Small unit survival barter can stay below the radar, but big ticket items will not be exempt from regulatory vampire approval - basically you get what's left after they have their way like any buck loose with an innocent blond child. Don't believe it?

DMac
4th November 2010, 06:34 AM
GOLD HAS BOTTOMED.

cedarchopper
4th November 2010, 07:46 AM
Just remember the same insidious bastards raping us dry are also watching the show - you can bet they will find a way to make it hurt for anyone that transacts new found wealth in the future. When I bought my last house I had to prove where the money came from - I would imagine any straight swap of land for metal that gets legally recorded will suffer the same fate. Small unit survival barter can stay below the radar, but big ticket items will not be exempt from regulatory vampire approval - basically you get what's left after they have their way like any buck loose with an innocent blond child. Don't believe it?

what kind of proof did you have to show?

DMac
4th November 2010, 08:15 AM
Goldman has been long gold for years. (http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2010/11/4_KWN_Source_Confirms_Goldman_Sachs_Long_Gold_for_ Years.html)

snip

The London source also discussed the silver shorts:

“If silver holds for a few hours above $25.50, they (local traders who have been invited short) will just capitulate. You could see a $1 move in an hour if there is a race for the exits. Above $25.50, the locals that are short will literally get margin calls and will have to exit their shorts and it could become disorderly on the upside.

The jaws are closing on these shorts. The silver market is underpinned by everyone who is waiting in the wings to accumulate, that is why you saw the extraordinary buying yesterday off of the lows which continues in today’s trading.”

Awoke
4th November 2010, 08:27 AM

Who are you to demand proof? I would think the statement Mrnhtbr made is common knowledge.

Consider this:
TPTB pulled a massive smear campaign to brand a group of people as "Christian Cultists", accusing them of polygamy, incest, pedophilia, etc. They exerted a huge amount of effor t to convince the sheep that these people were a dangerous cult. Then they rolled the military in and burned them alive: Women, Children and Men.

All because they were freemen, and refused to use fiat or pay taxes.

I am referring to the Wacko Texas "Branch Davidian" lie.

So ask yourself:
If they are willing to go to such lengths, to burn a community alive and televise it to the public, and convince everyone that "The were doing the right thing", do you think that they would let you trade land for PM's in a private transaction which would not be taxed?

cedarchopper
4th November 2010, 08:54 AM

Who are you to demand proof? I would think the statement Mrnhtbr made is common knowledge.

Consider this:
TPTB pulled a massive smear campaign to brand a group of people as "Christian Cultists", accusing them of polygamy, incest, pedophilia, etc. They exerted a huge amount of effor t to convince the sheep that these people were a dangerous cult. Then they rolled the military in and burned them alive: Women, Children and Men.

So ask yourself:
If they are willing to go to such lengths, to burn a community alive and televise it to the public, and convince everyone that "The were doing the right thing", do you think that they would let you trade land for PM's in a private transaction which would not be taxed?

He made a statement and I asked a question...I didn't demand proof. You must of gone wacko in Waco by the sound of your incoherent rant...nutjob.

Filthy Keynes
4th November 2010, 08:57 AM
Goldman has been long gold for years. (http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2010/11/4_KWN_Source_Confirms_Goldman_Sachs_Long_Gold_for_ Years.html)

snip

“If silver holds for a few hours above $25.50, they (local traders who have been invited short) will just capitulate. You could see a $1 move in an hour if there is a race for the exits. Above $25.50, the locals that are short will literally get margin calls and will have to exit their shorts and it could become disorderly on the upside.

The jaws are closing on these shorts. The silver market is underpinned by everyone who is waiting in the wings to accumulate, that is why you saw the extraordinary buying yesterday off of the lows which continues in today’s trading.”

By the way, where did you get that info from? Silver is holding steady so far at $25.60. I wonder how many hours they are talking about....

DMac
4th November 2010, 09:05 AM

snip

By the way, where did you get that info from? Silver is holding steady so far at $25.60. I wonder how many hours they are talking about....

From the King World News link inside the quoted message.

Awoke
4th November 2010, 09:08 AM

Consider this:

So ask yourself:

He made a statement and I asked a question...I didn't demand proof. You must of gone wacko in Waco by the sound of your incoherent rant...nutjob.

Nice try, you shilly boy.

I used Wacko to show the lengths they will go to in order to force debt and compliance on the sheep.

I figured you would be intelligent enough to put it together, but I see that I gave you too much credit. My mistake.

Awoke
4th November 2010, 09:09 AM
Back on the rails.
I made a sale, bringing my total gains to 37.89% now.

Bring on the next dip, please.

General of Darkness
4th November 2010, 09:14 AM
Hey Awoke it's better to be called a nut job than a rim job. :ROFL:

Ponce
4th November 2010, 09:24 AM
$25.68????????? WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

First post of the day ...............and a hell of a good morning to one and all ;D

Twisted Titan
4th November 2010, 09:26 AM

Filthy Keynes
4th November 2010, 09:41 AM
Flushing time!

http://www.3mfuture.com/images/tsunami_wave_coming_now_too_late.jpg

cedarchopper
4th November 2010, 10:07 AM

Consider this:

So ask yourself:

Nice try, you shilly boy.

I used Wacko to show the lengths they will go to in order to force debt and compliance on the sheep.

I figured you would be intelligent enough to put it together, but I see that I gave you too much credit. My mistake.

I've done many real estate purchases and have never had to prove where I got the money. Brought a check to the closing and signed the papers.

I don't get your Waco analogy to buying real estate...except you think the government is omnipotent. Hunker down and be afraid.

Asking what kind of proof he said he had to show is not the same as me demanding proof. Do you not comprehend the difference?

cedarchopper
4th November 2010, 10:11 AM
Back on the rails.

Wow...you've hit the big times. Those of us that bought big under $5 are waiting for the real action;]

woodman
4th November 2010, 10:12 AM
$25.95. Holy Sheep Shit!

Twisted Titan
4th November 2010, 10:14 AM
$25.95. Holy Sheep sh*t!

................... ;D ;D ;D

chad
4th November 2010, 10:14 AM
postman just left, bitchez!

bellevuebully
4th November 2010, 10:16 AM
Back on the rails.

Wow...you've hit the big times. Those of us that bought big under $5 are waiting for the real action;]

No need to rain on someone's parade chopper. Why not be happy for the good fortune of others? No?

Silver Rocket Bitches!
4th November 2010, 10:19 AM
$26 BITCHES!

YOU KNOW IT'S A GOOD DAY FOR THE METALS WHEN KITCO IS TIMING OUT!

bellevuebully
4th November 2010, 10:23 AM
$26 BITCHES!

YOU KNOW IT'S A GOOD DAY FOR THE METALS WHEN KITCO IS TIMING OUT!

I was saying on another thread that kitco's gonna have to hire someone full time just to rescale their charts....the little green line keeps disappearing in the upper right corner. Btw, some light resistance at around 25.8 to 26, but after that.....well as Ben says.....we're in unchartered waters.

I'll bet they are going thru wads of toilet paper at the comex. Too bad for Ponce......he's going to lose his monopoly. :D

DMac
4th November 2010, 10:26 AM
We've officially broken through 26.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/silver-breaks-26-shows-what-little-rico-lawsuit-can-do-price-manipulated-commodity

SHTF2010
4th November 2010, 10:30 AM
I REMEMBER WHEN . . . . silver hit $21 for a few minutes two years ago

SILVER may not see $21 again . . . . .

Silver Rocket Bitches!
4th November 2010, 10:32 AM
It's up 50 cents just since the start of COMEX.

http://ezsmiley.com/gallery/oversize/dancing-banana-big.gif

Horn
4th November 2010, 10:34 AM
And a dollar will now buy you 80cents.

willie pete
4th November 2010, 10:36 AM
Sure looks like it's on the march up to $30....

DMac
4th November 2010, 10:40 AM
We need a new thread as silver is blasting through 26 ;D

Horn
4th November 2010, 10:42 AM
I'm just looking to break even.

I figure if I come out naked in the end, it'll be a new beginning. ;D

Twisted Titan
4th November 2010, 10:49 AM
FLY BABY FLY...............

Libertarian_Guard
4th November 2010, 10:52 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/5009i.jpg

mamboni
4th November 2010, 10:54 AM

You see!!! You see!!! Overconfidence will get us killed!!! And of all people, I didn't expect it from you TT. You have always been a cautious man. But, here you flash a photo of Silver Sammy, the last guy we want to hear from right now. And, he's standing in front of a DeLorean no less - need I remind you of the ignomious history of that particular model car?

TT, must I shame you by reminding you again: CLICK CLICK!!!! ;D

Libertarian_Guard
4th November 2010, 10:58 AM

You see!!! You see!!! Overconfidence will get us killed!!! And of all people, I didn't expect it from you TT. You have always been a cautious man. But, here you flash a photo of Silver Sammy, the last guy we want to hear from right now. And, he's standing in front of a DeLorean no less - need I remind you of the ignomious history of that particular model car?

TT, must I shame you by reminding you again: CLICK CLICK!!!! ;D

None of this matters, because it's SILVER and it goes FAST!

http://i56.tinypic.com/dbjoqs.jpg

Twisted Titan
4th November 2010, 11:04 AM
The Asian markets will continue buying for industrial/investment silver as they see QE2 prolonging the game. The American investors will continue buying silver because they know QE2 is devaluing the federal reserve monopoly money even further.

We are on the road to no return. Have been for a long time. Meanwhile, silver is becoming more rare as it is wasted in landfills. Peak oil is fast approaching, and the world's most conductive metal will be the most sought after for alternative solar power, electric car batteries and medical sterilization.

Silver will one day be the King of Metals. And those who hold even a little bit, will be wealthy beyond their wildest imagination.

The Day of The Sovereigns is fast approaching

Awoke
4th November 2010, 11:09 AM
Yeah, well I'm doing alright for a blue collar that got into PMs when silver was at $18, strictly by trading on the ratios and working the dips.

I'm happy with with 37+% returns in a 1-year period.

BTW, your douchebaggery isn't working.

mamboni
4th November 2010, 11:10 AM
The Asian markets will continue buying for industrial/investment silver as they see QE2 prolonging the game. The American investors will continue buying silver because they know QE2 is devaluing the federal reserve monopoly money even further.

We are on the road to no return. Have been for a long time. Meanwhile, silver is becoming more rare as it is wasted in landfills. Peak oil is fast approaching, and the world's most conductive metal will be the most sought after for alternative solar power, electric car batteries and medical sterilization.

Silver will one day be the King of Metals. And those who hold even a little bit, will be wealthy beyond their wildest imagination.

The Day of The Sovereigns is fast approaching

"Legend has it that Conan wore a loin cloth armored with silver eagles, such was the enormity of his wealth. When a beautiful woman entered his court, the rousing in his loins was betrayed by the faint metallic "click click," or so the legend says." :oo-->

Horn
4th November 2010, 11:10 AM
US Dollar Index At Crucial Long Term Juncture

It seems pretty clear at this point that the Fed does not have a number one priority of supporting the US Dollar. Today the dollar took another huge hit and seems to confirm the new theory I am now operating under that the recent bounce in the dollar index was a dead cat bounce and a simple consolidation that could lead to a new leg down.

http://www.bestonlinetrades.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/usdollar20101103.png

http://etfdailynews.com/blog/2010/11/04/us-dollar-index-at-crucial-long-term-juncture-uup-udn/

So when are you guys moving to Canada? :o

Libertarian_Guard
4th November 2010, 11:17 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/5exyya.jpg

I just saw something silver flash before me eyes.

Libertarian_Guard
4th November 2010, 11:26 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/14w367r.jpg

Rotors & Stators

The stators are in place to prevent silver from spinning out of control or placing too much torque on the bull.

Horn
4th November 2010, 11:35 AM

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/TheTastyGreek/silver.gif

Libertarian_Guard
4th November 2010, 11:42 AM

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/TheTastyGreek/silver.gif

Gee, thanks. I didn't know I had what it takes, but it does appear to be sivler, so I can't complain.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2yw5p3q.jpg

Next time I'll hope for something a bit loftier.

mick silver
4th November 2010, 11:42 AM
this dog off the porch now there no going back . i have waited for over ten years to see this . i know ponce has seen the price higher i think he talk about that ... but this pup has not . i am hoping this could be the ride of my life

Horn
4th November 2010, 11:43 AM
Has APMEX "runout" yet?

1970 silver art
4th November 2010, 11:49 AM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26.09 high for silver so far today. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Ok. Time to get on my knees and worship the great one...................

DMac
4th November 2010, 11:50 AM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High 26.100

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYMEX_SI.Z10.E

The ole dog sure is barking loudly today!

1970 silver art
4th November 2010, 11:58 AM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High 26.100

The DOG is not only barking loudly but it is also taking an epic bite out of JPMorgan's ass. The DOG is a monster and it will not get caught!!!!!!!! I never thought that I would see $26. I am totally blown away by this move.

oldmansmith
4th November 2010, 12:03 PM

I like it when you talk dirty.

DMac
4th November 2010, 12:04 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High 26.100

The DOG is not only barking loudly but it is also taking an epic bite out of JPMorgan's ass. The DOG is a monster and it will not get caught!!!!!!!! I never thought that I would see $26. I am totally blown away by this move.

I've asked myself several times today if this is really it?!

What I find scary about this is that we haven't even begun to see the real rise of the metals.

Just WTF will be going on when we hit QE3 & 2k+ gold, 35++ Silver??

I remember a few years back reading a Sinclair piece where he talked of the real volatility, $100 daily swings in gold, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqMiigy92qU
(this clip really cracks me up for some reason lol)

ximmy
4th November 2010, 12:04 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High 26.100

I fully expect $90.00+ buying and selling without second thought...

1970 silver art
4th November 2010, 12:11 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High 26.100

What I find scary about this is that we haven't even begun to see the real rise of the metals.

Just WTF will be going on when we hit QE3 & 2k+ gold, 35++ Silver??

Hey DMac, Stop talking like that. You are scaring the crap out of me. :D ;D ;)

DMac
4th November 2010, 12:19 PM
Sorry, I'll back off to safe territory now :D

http://www.mlptp.net/

gunDriller
4th November 2010, 12:21 PM

part of what is going on is that the world is saying "ixnay" to the US $.

$26 silver means Silver Eagles can fetch ...

http://www.providentmetals.com/2010-american-silver-eagle-brilliant-uncirculated.html

$29+ @ Provident.

http://compare.ebay.com/search/silver+eagles?

$31 @ eBay.

who would have thunk ?

1970 silver art
4th November 2010, 12:26 PM
Sorry, I'll back to safe territory now :D

http://www.mlptp.net/

I am very nervous to put this out there, however, I managed to gather up enough courage to mention it but...................$27 silver by close of business tomorrow? After today, it would not surprise me if that happened.

1970 silver art
4th November 2010, 12:31 PM

part of what is going on is that the world is saying "ixnay" to the US $.

$26 silver means Silver Eagles can fetch ...

http://www.providentmetals.com/2010-american-silver-eagle-brilliant-uncirculated.html

$29+ @ Provident.

http://compare.ebay.com/search/silver+eagles?

$31 @ eBay.

who would have thunk ?

And that also means that I will expect to pay about between $27 to $28 at the lowest for any 1-oz '70's silver art bars that I might find when I go to a local coin show starting tomorrow.

Cebu_4_2
4th November 2010, 12:35 PM
26.15! skipped right through the 25s

Dollar continues to drop low 75.63

Silver Rocket Bitches!
4th November 2010, 12:36 PM
It just keeps goin up!

platinumdude
4th November 2010, 12:36 PM
So who is still buying silver now? For me I'm going to get some more preps and TP.

1970 silver art
4th November 2010, 12:40 PM
So who is still buying silver now? For me I'm going to get some more preps and TP.

I am still planning to buy some silver art bars at a local coin show tomorrow but it will not be much. Hopefully I can find some '70's silver art bars on my wish list when I go to the show.

Gaillo
4th November 2010, 12:46 PM
It just keeps goin up!

Niiiice! ;D

You get my vote for "Photoshop of the month" award! 8)

ximmy
4th November 2010, 12:52 PM
It just keeps goin up!

Niiiice! ;D

You get my vote for "Photoshop of the month" award! 8)

Brilliance in simplicity... he is truly a Silver Rocket Biyach! :D

General of Darkness
4th November 2010, 12:53 PM
HOLY SHIT.

MarchHare
4th November 2010, 12:56 PM
Silver on a Rampage! Watch out!! :o

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fKeKEf4ylyU/SwOJWiGsYcI/AAAAAAAAAUo/j3jOhlbNz5I/s1600/dollar_burning.jpg

Filthy Keynes
4th November 2010, 12:57 PM
Ok I had to edit the "Subject" of this thread!!!!

IT OFFICIALLY BUSTED THROUGH TWENTY SIX!

THEY ARE TAKING THIS UP TO 4PM! HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE MARGIN CALLS TONIGHT! THEN THE FUN STARTS LATER TONIGHT AND ON INTO TOMORROW!

chad
4th November 2010, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR-mtc7wqKo

platinumdude
4th November 2010, 01:07 PM
really nothing to be jubilant about, but the opposite.

General of Darkness
4th November 2010, 01:10 PM

Yeah I have to also agree with that because what this means is we're all DOOMED, hyperinflation is probably on it's way.

Gaillo
4th November 2010, 01:15 PM

I disagree. It's HIGH TIME this stinking pile of foul shiite we call a "civilization" comes crashing down. You can only live with so much evil corruption, lies, murder, and power-mad manipulation before it's JUST. PLAIN. TIME.

chad
4th November 2010, 01:21 PM
looks like it petered out.

DMac
4th November 2010, 01:25 PM
looks like it petered out.

Major indices closed now. Wait for Asia to get going. I think the fireworks are going to be awesome.

Dogman
4th November 2010, 01:29 PM
Who wants to bet that gold will top above $ 1,500 and silver will top $ 27.00 tonight?

Those Asians are probably going to go nuts tonight!

cedarchopper
4th November 2010, 01:44 PM

I disagree. It's HIGH TIME this stinking pile of foul shiite we call a "civilization" comes crashing down. You can only live with so much evil corruption, lies, murder, and power-mad manipulation before it's JUST. PLAIN. TIME.

JUST. PLAIN. TIME. TO DIE. :o

Civilizations don't come crashing down and then life gets better for the people. Hunger, suffering, and war are usually the consequences.

Dogman
4th November 2010, 01:54 PM

Civilizations don't come crashing down and then life gets better for the people. Hunger, suffering, and war are usually the consequences.

To add to your list, at least one war of biblical size and scope.

Gaillo
4th November 2010, 02:08 PM

Everyone dies.
Would you rather it be delayed, so that instead of YOU, it's your children and grandchildren who go through the inevitable collapse? Not me. It's time.

Libertytree
4th November 2010, 02:18 PM
I'm no fan of wishing misery upon any of us but what's ahead for us isn't merely written on the wall it's chiseled in stone, maybe even prophesised? If it's inevitable I would much rather go ahead and shoot this sick, twisted, corrupt, fat beast in the head and be done with it, then maybe the kids and grandkids may have a fair and decent shot at a better world.

Horn
4th November 2010, 02:36 PM
I'm no fan of wishing misery upon any of us but what's ahead for us isn't merely written on the wall it's chiseled in stone, maybe even prophesised?

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/gg3.jpg

Whats the name of that angry old guy joe italiano on the youtube?

Wonder what his thoughts on the guidestones are?

osoab
4th November 2010, 02:54 PM
That damn silver closed at its high for they day. (Using Kitco of course.)

9 more minutes till trading resumes.

Maybe the 5th is a date that should leave a lot of people talking like Cliff High is saying. :dunno

Come on 1400 gold. Come on.

AndreaGail
4th November 2010, 02:54 PM
HOLY sh*t.

what he said :o

Ponce
4th November 2010, 03:34 PM
Dogman? you are right, the push will come from the foreign market......all that the US can do is to follow.

cedarchopper
4th November 2010, 03:43 PM

Everyone dies.
Would you rather it be delayed, so that instead of YOU, it's your children and grandchildren who go through the inevitable collapse? Not me. It's time.

With a civilization collapse, the odds of children and grandchildren making it become slim. I would rather see a transition, not a collapse...there is no reason why we cannot create systems to address our basic problems and harness human ingenuity. We need to shake off the parasites and restore sanity...starting with money as a public utility. People are capable of producing their weight and more.

I saw the Mexican economy collapse while doing business there...starting at 28 pesos to the dollar and topping out at 10,000 to the dollar...saving pesos was not an option. RE was also very depressed when calculated in Dollars...less than half of the previous value.

It's all about being able to produce goods...and families are like teams. The successful teams work together and produce. Time will tell.

Ponce
4th November 2010, 03:47 PM
Well Cedar, my average is of $5.16 per oz.............not to bad ;D

cedarchopper
4th November 2010, 03:49 PM
Well Cedar, my average is of $5.16 per oz.............not to bad ;D

I did a lot of my buying at $4.86 spot and then again at $6.50...sold real estate high and bought silver low ;]

sunshine05
4th November 2010, 03:54 PM
This really is amazing. To think that not long ago I was buying it at $16 and thinking that was too high :)

Gaillo
4th November 2010, 04:02 PM

Everyone dies.

With a civilization collapse, the odds of children and grandchildren making it become slim. I would rather see a transition, not a collapse...there is no reason why we cannot create systems to address our basic problems and harness human ingenuity. We need to shake off the parasites and restore sanity...starting with money as a public utility. People are capable of producing their weight and more.

I saw the Mexican economy collapse while doing business there...starting at 28 pesos to the dollar and topping out at 10,000 to the dollar...saving pesos was not an option. RE was also very depressed when calculated in Dollars...less than half of the previous value.

It's all about being able to produce goods...and families are like teams. The successful teams work together and produce. Time will tell.

The problem is, though, that human nature prevents a "transition" like you are talking about. Inevitably, throughout all of recorded human history, once the bloodsucking leeches of money manipulation taste blood, they NEVER slow down or stop - until the barbarians are at the gates.

The money parasites ALWAYS destroy the host economy.

Libertarian_Guard
4th November 2010, 05:36 PM
The problem is, though, that human nature prevents a "transition" like you are talking about. Inevitably, throughout all of recorded human history, once the bloodsucking leeches of money manipulation taste blood, they NEVER slow down or stop - until the barbarians are at the gates.

The money parasites ALWAYS destroy the host economy.

Sad but true.
An easy transition isn’t in the cards.

EDIT: Fixed Quoting. -Gaillo

Libertytree
4th November 2010, 05:39 PM
The thought of a "transition" is a day dream IMHO, nothing except a total collapse will ever lead to any rebuilding and until such time it will only continue to worsen.

Trinity
4th November 2010, 05:55 PM
Dam Silver is taking off to da moon. I only wish I had some. That is my lament.

vacuum
4th November 2010, 06:27 PM
kitco appears to be down

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

millwright
4th November 2010, 06:29 PM

Yeah I have to also agree with that because what this means is we're all DOOMED, hyperinflation is probably on it's way.

Yeah well,not according to the govt shills over at the other site. I think im done with the place,they are much to smart for me.

Dogman
4th November 2010, 06:32 PM
kitco appears to be down

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

http://usagold.com/live.html (http://usagold.com/live.html)

http://www.bullionvault.com/gold-price-chart.do

AndreaGail
4th November 2010, 06:48 PM
its days like these where i love plugging the spot price into my excel spreadsheet :D

sirgonzo420
4th November 2010, 07:17 PM
its days like these where i love plugging the spot price into my excel spreadsheet :D

Hahaha!

I just did that a few minutes ago.

I don't much care what my stash is "worth" in (worthless) FRN's, but I have all sorts of little tools in the spreadsheet.

So at a glance I know that with silver at $26.30, and gold at $1387.80,

one $FRN is worth about:

0.038 oz silver

or

0.00072 oz gold

Filthy Keynes
4th November 2010, 07:34 PM
Well it didn't take long for the Asians to kick in. Silver at $26.51 oops, $26.52 oops I'm sorry,... it's now at $26.54!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:6bWG58paetPe2M:http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z129/jkranitz/HUMOR/maxell.jpg&t=1

RJB
4th November 2010, 07:37 PM
one $FRN is worth about:

0.038 oz silver

or

0.00072 oz gold
That's a good way of looking at it.

On a different note, I called my brother to ask if he was happy about buying some silver on my suggestion and if he'd seen the spot price. He got mad. He needed a car after someone totaled his last car. The insurance company is dragging it's feet on paying him, so last week he sold a chunk of silver thinking things would calm with the false sense of security of the repubs taking charge. Somehow he didn't here about QE2. :o I should have called him earlier...

bellevuebully
4th November 2010, 07:38 PM
Not to count chickens before they hatch, but if they don't get some sort of hard money currency together before long, cashing out is going to be a real problem (no plans anywhere near 30, but 100 could come fairly quick, like a year or two, given the right conditions...kind of like we have). If a viable currency doesn't happen, my personal opinion is the best bet is buy a big honk'n farm and lease part of it out for revenue, sell firewood and other things like that and utilize the rest for being self supporting. There is some truth to the old adage 'you can't eat gold (or silver). If the currency options are poor globally, Warren Buffet is kind of right.......gold will just sit there and stare at you.

Thoughts?

AndreaGail
4th November 2010, 07:38 PM
Well it didn't take long for the Asians to kick in. Silver at $26.51 oops, $26.52 oops I'm sorry,... it's now at $26.54!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:6bWG58paetPe2M:http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z129/jkranitz/HUMOR/maxell.jpg&t=1

oops 26.57 :P

Filthy Keynes
4th November 2010, 07:39 PM
Is that Kitco going down again? Stupid Nadler probably tripped over a wire.
http://www.kitconet.com/images/live/ag0001wb.gif

bellevuebully
4th November 2010, 07:42 PM
When you see silver doing this.......SELLLLLLLL!!!!!

Libertarian_Guard
4th November 2010, 07:48 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2qd0gav.jpg

illumin19
4th November 2010, 07:49 PM
Hoeeeelieeee......

palladium gone wild.....the silver gold ratio about to hit floor?

:gwing

Libertarian_Guard
4th November 2010, 07:58 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/264l4ds.jpg

Dogman
4th November 2010, 08:03 PM
;D ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13qeX98tAS8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13qeX98tAS8)

Glass
4th November 2010, 08:05 PM
I'm unhappy with sudden rise in price. I had to use a substantial cash stash to help out a family member and now that money is gone. That was at about Ag $22. I've clawed up some more dough but my options are even more limited now unless I buy industrial which I think is a waste of time. This is because it restricts your selling options to the Govt approved broker and all trades of $5K + are reported and you need to be documented first before they will deal with you.

The smaller tradable units down here carry 50% premium on them so we are into the high $30s for 1 Oz.

Overseas purchases are now an issue because UPS is under total surveilance meaning all inbound UPS shipments will be tampered with. The only slight upside is the Aussie is higher than the USD but it needs to be at about $1.10+ to the USD for there to be any real balance.

So, I'm waiting for some end of the week relief at the moment and maybe next week there will be some small pull back to encourage a little trigger pulling.

bellevuebully
4th November 2010, 08:25 PM
Btw....forgot to mention this earlier.....I thought it was pretty amusing.

Toronto talk radio business report this aft goes something like this:

.....gold up about 40 bucks today on confidence in the future of the markets and the actions of the Fed..

***eyes glaze over****........I sez what??!? Oh my.....the poor sheep.

Filthy Keynes
4th November 2010, 08:27 PM

.....gold up about 40 bucks today on confidence in the future of the markets and the actions of the Fed..

Was the Patricia Lovett-Reid? She said the same thing here (other part of Ontario). What a looser - she said it is because the money is "STIMULATING" the economy".

Awoke
4th November 2010, 08:28 PM

...as the CNN and Faux news enthusiasts continue to drink the fluorinated water from their tap.

Dumbed down to docility.

(Tonight is "Make up words as you go along" night. Didn't anyone tell you?)

Awoke
4th November 2010, 08:29 PM
Was the Patricia Lovett-Reid? She said the same thing here (other part of Ontario). What a looser - she said it is because the money is "STIMULATING" the economy".

Yeah, I heard she was Loose.

sirgonzo420
4th November 2010, 08:29 PM

Hahaha!

I just did that a few minutes ago.

I don't much care what my stash is "worth" in (worthless) FRN's, but I have all sorts of little tools in the spreadsheet.

So at a glance I know that with silver at $26.30, and gold at $1387.80,

one $FRN is worth about:

0.038 oz silver

or

0.00072 oz gold

now it's 0.000718 oz gold

or

0.037 oz silver

lol

1970 silver art
4th November 2010, 08:30 PM
Hmmmm.........It is very possible that silver might break $27 tomorrow. The silver high so far ($26.67) is only 0.33 away from touching $27.

bellevuebully
4th November 2010, 08:31 PM
;D ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13qeX98tAS8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13qeX98tAS8)

Yes....many of those looked just like this.....you know....the failed Russion rocket launch over Norway? hahaha

Buddha
4th November 2010, 08:33 PM
ARRRGGGG. lol i sold some at 23, having just recently moved and needing the cash. I literally told coin shop owner that it was a good time to sell. hahaha, one thing I have learned though is that the dips will come.... hopefully :CS

Maybe it's a good time for the short and ultra short dollar etfs instead, for now.

RJB
4th November 2010, 08:37 PM
ARRRGGGG. lol i sold some at 23, having just recently moved and needing the cash. I literally told coin shop owner that it was a good time to sell. hahaha, one thing I have learned though is that the dips will come.... hopefully :CS

Maybe it's a good time for the short and ultra short dollar etfs instead, for now.
It also might be good to store up on fuel, food and other preps that haven't shot up as we wait for the dips.

Although there might not be a dip if the QE2 finally brings about the collapse. We'll never know until it happens :)

bellevuebully
4th November 2010, 08:43 PM

No, it was Mike Eppel (sp?). Actually, he's one of the better ones. He usually always reports on the price of gold, and even silver when the market is active. I think someone came in and had a little talk with him about what he was gonna say.

Buddha
4th November 2010, 08:56 PM

It also might be good to store up on feul, food and other preps that haven't shot up as we wait for the dips.

Although there might not be a dip if the QE2 finally brings about the collapse. We'll never know until it happens :)

Don't worry I have this guy here http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJKyhhMCLp_BB4SLHxFQmLV9NHllf-WftrdxF0oqf1tLtKa_U&t=1&usg=__IbKpyFJxzvS3EKscDw7lQkjZbhg=

and I'm feeding him a steady supply of these http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnepcqPqPYnHPkNDUp7RZFb0V79HoZv bREkJAlSqPLHlKH3tQ&t=1&usg=__4D-xN8Y2nyosuTsNDRAw9oD-ftk=

Libertarian_Guard
4th November 2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.kubrick2001.com/

http://i53.tinypic.com/4r3rfc.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/5vyoae.jpg

Uncle Salty
4th November 2010, 09:51 PM
Not to count chickens before they hatch, but if they don't get some sort of hard money currency together before long, cashing out is going to be a real problem (no plans anywhere near 30, but 100 could come fairly quick, like a year or two, given the right conditions...kind of like we have). If a viable currency doesn't happen, my personal opinion is the best bet is buy a big honk'n farm and lease part of it out for revenue, sell firewood and other things like that and utilize the rest for being self supporting. There is some truth to the old adage 'you can't eat gold (or silver). If the currency options are poor globally, Warren Buffet is kind of right.......gold will just sit there and stare at you.

Thoughts?

The question is this:

With the currency collapsing, where do you put your excess fiat when you have all the preps you can viably store?

Gold and silver WILL be the currency. That's the thing. They are the currency to replace fiat. A medium of exchange always appears when society specializes. It has to. Not everyone wants a chicken or an apple or a hummer. A universally accepted medium of exchange is required for survival when one has grown enough food for the day.

Horn
4th November 2010, 09:59 PM
Warren Buffet is kind of right.......gold will just sit there and stare at you.
Thoughts?

I'll be lookin at sittin & starin back until silver hits 35, maybe 40 now.

Gold is a harder call, & why I forget about it, I feel like I could be 95yrs. old & still gazing at it.

FunnyMoney
4th November 2010, 10:55 PM
Gold and silver WILL be the currency. That's the thing. They are the currency ....

Pretty little pieces of paper will not replace 5000 years of history.

Ponce
4th November 2010, 11:49 PM
At $10.00 you wrote that you would buy if it drops to $8.00......at $12.00 if it drops to $10.00......at $15.00 if it dops to $13.00 and so on............the future.........at $30.00 if it drops to $28.00.....at $50.00 if it drops to $45.00....................and then at $5,000 if it drops to $3,500.

Like a greedy little bastard I have been holding to mine for the past 28 years.........and all that I can say is hahahahahahahahahaahahah........life is good.

Long ago I wrote that ideal conditions would be if I were to die with all my silver and gold because that would mean that WTSHTF never came about and that I always had the needed cash.........well, I just might die before WTSHTF and my wish will come true.................CRAP >:(

bellevuebully
5th November 2010, 04:14 AM
Warren Buffet is kind of right.......gold will just sit there and stare at you.
Thoughts?

I'll be lookin at sittin & starin back until silver hits 35, maybe 40 now.

Gold is a harder call, & why I forget about it, I feel like I could be 95yrs. old & still gazing at it.

My plan also. My kids will get my gold.

Filthy Keynes
5th November 2010, 06:42 AM
Here we go again.... Silver up this morning. Can we take out $27 today?!

bellevuebully
5th November 2010, 06:47 AM

YES WE CAN..........

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it, O.

Twisted Titan
5th November 2010, 07:02 AM

Everyone dies.

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -- Tom Paine, 1776

Silver Rocket Bitches!
5th November 2010, 07:38 AM

There was also mention that the industrial users of silver are close to losing faith in the banks which have been telling them there are no problems with silver supplies:

“The industrials, when they see that there is tightness or delays in shipping, will then go out and stockpile silver so their assembly lines are not shut down. We would then be talking about potentially tens of millions of ounces required for delivery to these industrial users in a short period of time. The banks have told these industrial users for years that there is no problem with silver supplies. When these industrial users lose faith in the banks, they will move right away to secure stockpiles.”

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2010/11/4_KWN_Source_Confirms_Goldman_Sachs_Long_Gold_for_ Years.html

1970 silver art
5th November 2010, 04:16 PM

Silver high for today = $26.95

We came close to touching $27 today. However, close but no cigar. I think that this is one of the best weeks that silver had in a very long time. Even though silver did not touch $27 today, it was still an awesome week for the white metal.

mick silver
5th November 2010, 04:49 PM
the pres went to india today to get them to buy more from the usa ...at a cost of 2 to 3 billion bucks that a f joke ... what every we can make they can make it for less . i think all this is playing into the price of silver going up . the train has left the station and there no coming back . every thing that is made has silver in it . i have not seen no big finds of silver mines digging up big numbers . and old ben started buying all the usa debt this week and he keeps saying this will not hurt the buck what a f...in ass clown . this country has to be in some deep sh*t right now with all the world leaders and business people travel with the pres . i just dont see this game going on from much longer . . our they could be trying to get people to cash out of there gold an silver by letting the price run up . there hope people will be tired and cash out now ... will there still the smell of sh*t in the air something big is about to come

Low_five
5th November 2010, 05:52 PM
Silver will take a dump soon. Ive seen it a thousand times.

Horn
5th November 2010, 05:58 PM

Low_five, I'm lookin for it to go back to 7, where I started 5 years ago.

http://blog.creativethink.com/images/2007/10/23/seven_fingered_hand.gif

1970 silver art
5th November 2010, 05:59 PM

A healthy pullback for silver is a good thing since it has been on a major run. I think that a pull back will happen eventually but the questions will be 1.) what will the price be where it starts to pull back? $27? $30? and 2.) at what price will silver go down to before it resumes its run back up?

Dogman
5th November 2010, 06:01 PM

Ah but the big question is, how large of a dump metals will take? The worlds economy has never been this connected before and therefore is treading on shaky new ground, interesting times no?.

StackerKen
5th November 2010, 06:25 PM

I can pretty much assure you all that silver will go down soon...

I know this because, I just made a purchase ;)

http://www.apmex.com/Resources/Catalog%20Images/Products/23331_obv.jpg

It's gonna drive up my cost average :(... But I had to do it. ;D

1970 silver art
5th November 2010, 06:26 PM

A healthy pullback for silver is a good thing since it has been on a major run. I think that a pull back will happen eventually but the questions will be 1.) what will the price be where it starts to pull back? $27? $30? and 2.) at what price will silver go down to before it resumes its run back up?

And How high will the premium go for when (if) we see a pull back ?

That is a very good question and honestly I do not know.

:dunno

2008 comes to mind when you asked that question. I hope that I do not have those kind of premiums that I experienced in 2008 when the lowest premium for a .999 generic round was $5-$6 over spot.

1970 silver art
5th November 2010, 06:35 PM

Darnit Stacker! I was enjoying this silver run-up. Why would you want to sabotage this wonderful run by making a purchase? :D Stacker, when you make a purchase, do you realize that you are to stabbing the DOG in the dick when you make a purchase? You are not working for JPMorgan are you? :D

StackerKen
5th November 2010, 06:38 PM

Darnit Stacker! I was enjoying this silver run-up. Why would you want to sabotage this wonderful run by making a purchase? :D Stacker, when you make a purchase, do you realize that you are to stabbing the DOG in the dick when you make a purchase? You are not working for JPMorgan are you? :D

:ROFL:

Yep I just stabbed the dog in the dick ;)

I couldn't help myself...had to do it while I could

Filthy Keynes
5th November 2010, 06:38 PM
I see no fundamental reason for silver to take a dump. In fact I see just the opposite. There is ample reason for silver to start to equalize with it's mark-to-market value of $900. By the way, when do those shorts get their margin calls - I thought King World News said it would be at $25.50..... ?

Anyone know much about silver short margin calls feel free to shed light on it.

Trinity
5th November 2010, 06:43 PM
Stackers purchase is being offset by my lack of purchases over the last month because I am a cheapskate. So we cancel each other out, no effect on the Silver price. If anything Silver rallies more because I am the one who is wanting. So there!

1970 silver art
5th November 2010, 06:52 PM
Stackers purchase is being offset by my lack of purchases over the last month because I am a cheapskate. So we cancel each other out, no effect on the Silver price. If anything Silver rallies more because I am the one who is wanting. So there!

Hey Trinity, how are those "precious" FRN's working out for you? Since the gov't says that there is no inflation, then I would expect that those "precious" FRN's are working out very well for you. :D ;D I also want to say thank you for offsetting StackerKen's evil silver purchasing powers over the DOG. :D ;) ;D

Filthy Keynes
5th November 2010, 06:57 PM

I think that is getting old. We all know you have a moonshine business on the side, and your underwear is stuffed with hidden pockets for one ounce coins. Every time you come to the bar you are walking around like you have a dump in your pants.

bellevuebully
5th November 2010, 07:54 PM

I don't know.....I've been involved heavily in this market since around 02/03 (not saying you haven't) but the action in '10 has been drastically different than from the past. What I see is what I've illustrated below. That kind of action just has not happened in the past. This market has definitely kicked into gear.

What used to constitute a bear raid, has been reduced to the likeness and seriousness of a panty raid.

StackerKen
5th November 2010, 08:09 PM
yeah thanks Bellevue...

I need all the reassurance i can get that I didn't make a dumb move. :-\

bellevuebully
5th November 2010, 08:28 PM
yeah thanks Bellevue...

Dumb move? Ken....take a look around my friend. The whole global fiat/debt system is in the birth pangs of destruction. Let me give you a reassuring reminder or two:

-'the mortgage industry is not a bubble (lie)

-'the mortgage meltdown is contained and will not spill over to main street' (lie)

-'green shoots' (lie)

-'QE 1 is a nuclear option (didn't pan out too well, eh?)

-Greece (why did the debt of some little pothole country rouse the fears of the entire globe? hint...otc derivitive exposure. Think about this....
2% of the Eurozone gdp, which is like 0.x % of global gdp had even the most powerfull nations convulsing in fear)

-Ireland (see above)

-Italy (see above)

-Spain (see above)

-Portugal (see above)

-QE II

-gold 1400

-USD Sub 76

Those are just a few highlights.

Back in '07 I saw my entire gold and silver holdings reduced to 40% of their value. You now what I did? .....snore, zzzzzzzz. Where are we today? Much, much higher (4x higher, actually). When fundementals in the world global economy change, then change your mind on the purchase of metals. Even though the sheep might accept another fiat currency, sovereigns won't.....they have this hard time with getting jacked by other countries. Even Bill Gross of Pimco (largest bond dealer in US)when asked about when to stop selling the usd, answered.....when you see China and India start QE.....that should tell us something.

Sleep well Ken.....you did the right thing. ;)

1970 silver art
6th November 2010, 03:32 AM
yeah thanks Bellevue...

What Bellevuebully said.

Stacker, since you are a prepper, then it is NEVER a dumb move to buy gold and/or silver regardless of where the spot price is currently at. If it goes down, then so what? You buy more at a cheaper price. I am not scared of gold and silver prices going down. Physical gold and silver will NEVER go to zero while paper (i.e. stocks, bonds, etc.) can potentially go to zero.

Awoke
6th November 2010, 07:32 AM
Well, I bought a shitload of brass and lead yesterday.

Low_five
10th November 2010, 07:31 AM

I told you bitchez! for once, talking straight out of my ass pays off.

chad
10th November 2010, 07:56 AM
LOOKS LIKE PALLADIUM IS THE METAL OF THE DAY. OH SNAP, GUESS WHO'S HOLDING? HATE THE GAME, NOT THE PLAYA.
\
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/smit2174/dir/files/McHammer.gif

Filthy Keynes
10th November 2010, 08:09 AM

You are right. However on November 5th silver was about where it is today. Here is November 5th's price:

Horn
10th November 2010, 08:13 AM

You are right. However on November 5th silver was about where it is today. Here is November 5th's price:

Low five posted @ or around 25-26, I'm still seeing 27 up there??

Let's face it 25 is gonna be the knockout if it treads that low.

StackerKen
10th November 2010, 04:18 PM

And 3.) How high will the premium go for when (if) we see a pull back ?

Someone please correct me if Im wrong.....

I think the premium at apmex and Monarch went up bout 75 cents since i made my purchase on Friday.

the premium for one SAE is now $4.25 at apmex...and $3.95 at Monarch :o :'(

1970 silver art
10th November 2010, 04:23 PM

And 3.) How high will the premium go for when (if) we see a pull back ?

Someone please correct me if Im wrong.....

I think the premium at apmex and Monarch went up bout 50 cents since i made my purchase on Friday.

Hey Stacker, it's your fault that silver premiums are rising. You should have waited until spot hit $30 to make that purchase. :D ;D

StackerKen
10th November 2010, 04:28 PM
;D Art. Thats the thing...Im no good at waiting...when I have extra FRNs...I buy silver ;D

1970 silver art
10th November 2010, 04:35 PM
;D Art. Thats the thing...Im no good at waiting...when I have extra FRNs...I buy silver ;D

I will also admit that I am not good at waiting. When I have the extra FRNs and I find a silver art bar that I want to add to my collection, I just go ahead and buy it from my local dealer. ;D

mamboni
10th November 2010, 04:46 PM
On Ebay SAEs are selling for $31-35 (bid price plus shipping). If tonite's spot is $27 then the premiums are $4-8! Wowser! :o :o :o

osoab
10th November 2010, 04:57 PM
On Ebay SAEs are selling for $31-35 (bid price plus shipping). If tonite's spot is $27 then the premiums are $4-8! Wowser! :o :o :o

Makes a local purchase make even more sense.

StackerKen
10th November 2010, 05:03 PM

Thats Crazy!! :o ::)

1970 silver art
10th November 2010, 05:12 PM

If you think that's crazy, then you should see some of the Ebay prices for 1-oz '70's silver art bars.

StackerKen
10th November 2010, 05:27 PM
Ebay is a good example of supply and demand and what people are willing to pay for things.

Looks like silver is a hot item right now. :)

I bid on quite a few mercury dime auctions Friday and was out bid on all them. People are willing to pay far more than I am for those. :-\

mamboni
10th November 2010, 05:33 PM
Ebay is a good example of supply and demand and what people are willing to pay for things.

I bid on quite a few mercury dime auctions Friday and was out bid on all them. People are willing to pay far more than I am for those. :-\

I'll bet you were saying this when silver was $8 and mercuries were 50 cents. :ROFL:

1970 silver art
10th November 2010, 05:39 PM

I occasionally bid on some some 1-oz '70's silver art bars on ebay and 99.999999999999% of the time I get outbid. Such is that of the ebay marketplace. Certain silver art bars are a very hot item on ebay based on the premiums that I have seen. I have seen ebay premiums on silver art bars that range from $7 over spot silver to $100's of dollars over spot on a 1-oz silver art bar on ebay.

mamboni
10th November 2010, 05:39 PM

You think that's crazy? ;D

StackerKen
10th November 2010, 05:43 PM

I'll bet you were saying this when silver was $8 and mercuries were 50 cents. :ROFL:

I don't think I have bought a Merc for 50 cents....
I have gotten quite a few for less than a buck though ;D

and some for a bit more

It's Hard for me to pay 2 bucks for a dime though :-\

Book
10th November 2010, 05:48 PM
Unload your silver during this irrational bubble while the fools still think the grocery store will give them more than ten cents for their "silver" dime. Then buy gold.

:D

StackerKen
10th November 2010, 05:49 PM

Here in Ca. If I buy from my local coin dealer he charges me 9.5% sales tax >:(

So I am better of buying silver online.

I have found that Monarch Precious Metals has Low shipping and some of the lowest Premiums around.

Gotta cherry pick ebay for a deal these days

mamboni
10th November 2010, 05:50 PM
At this rate, Silverbugjim will be added to Forbe's Richest 500 list. ;)

1970 silver art
10th November 2010, 05:55 PM

Here in Ca. If I but from my local coin dealer he charges me 9.5% sales tax >:(

I have found that Monarch Precious Metals has Low shipping and some of the lowest Premiums around.

Hey Stacker, the local dealers in Tennessee charge a 9.25% sales tax but I am very lucky that I live close enough to Georgia. Since Georgia does not have a sales tax on bullion, I end up buying silver from the local dealers in Georgia.

zap
10th November 2010, 05:58 PM

Here in Ca. If I buy from my local coin dealer he charges me 9.5% sales tax >:(

Ken you should find another local dealer, I have never bought any gold or silver, but if I did I would never pay any tax on it , and never have any paper trails. ;)

StackerKen
10th November 2010, 07:13 PM
Ken you should find another local dealer, I have never bought any gold or silver, but if I did I would never pay any tax on it , and never have any paper trails. ;)

The thing is there are no other "local" dealers near here. I'm guessing I would have to drive about 75 miles to find another coin dealer.

My local dealer would not charge me sales tax if I were to spend something like 3K.
But I don't spend anywhere near that much when I make a purchase. :-\

Trinity
10th November 2010, 07:51 PM
Isn't a purchase of over one thousand dollars untaxed? That is what I have heard is the situation in most states.

gunDriller
11th November 2010, 05:01 AM
Isn't a purchase of over one thousand dollars untaxed? That is what I have heard is the situation in most states.

in Calif. the official limit is $1500. more than that & the transaction is not taxed. officially.

Neuro
11th November 2010, 07:52 AM

in Calif. the official limit is $1500. more than that & the transaction is not taxed. officially.
That is a stupid rule! They tax only the working stiff for buying PMs...

JohnQPublic
11th November 2010, 08:48 AM
The best place to buy is at coin shows. No tax ever, and because of competition, usually the best prices.

1970 silver art
11th November 2010, 03:51 PM
The best place to buy is at coin shows. No tax ever, and because of competition, usually the best prices.

I agree 100% with this. I do not pay a sales tax on PM's that I buy at a coin show. Most of my best deals that I received on silver art bars have occurred at coin shows. The bigger the coin show, the greater the competition which leads to better premiums for the consumers.