PDA

View Full Version : My amazing Hot and Garlicky spagetti sauce

General of Darkness
7th November 2010, 03:37 PM
I do love Italian, and I came up with this through just trial and error. It's HOT and Garlicky. Enjoy

Basic Sauce

1 - 29oz tomato sauce
1 - 15 oz tomato sauce
1 - 15 oz Diced tomatoes with whatever you want
1 - 8 oz can of tomato paste
2 - Tablespoons or Salt
2 - Tablespoons Pepper
2 - Tablespoons Paprika

Put that all together at low heat in one large pot and cover

Now the good stuff

10 – Chopped mushrooms
2 – Chopped onions
4 to 5 – Chopped red peppers
5 to 6 – Chopper garlic cloves
2 – Tablespoon of olive oil
1 – Teaspoon of Oregano
1 – Teaspoon Basil

Put that all together at low to medium heat in a 10 – 12 inch skillet, cover and let cook for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes everything should be just coming to life. The onions and mushrooms will look good enough to spread on some bread and eat, but don’t. Take all that and put it all in the pot.

2 – Pounds of ground beef (the fat content doesn’t matter, we’re going to drain it anyway)

Put the beef into the same skillet. Mash it up a bit, put it on a low to medium temperature, cover and let it cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, uncover (obviously) and turn the heat to full medium. Mash it around to get the ground beef into small pieces. They’ll be a lot of fat, etc around but just cook it for an additional 3 minutes moving it around etc. Now drain as much of the fat as you like or put it all in the pot. I usually leave about ½ because the fat does add some flavor. After placing into the pot, cover again at low head and let it cook for about an hour. Then you’re done. FYI - This will feed at least 6 - 8 people maybe more.

chud
8th November 2010, 12:57 PM
That sounds really good, I'll have to try it.

Also, an interesting thing that I've discovered from my personal experience in making spaghetti sauce is that a chopped up carrot really adds something to the sauce. Sounds strange, but I'm telling you it really helps. It's my secret ingredient.

muffin
19th November 2010, 05:55 AM
Also, an interesting thing that I've discovered from my personal experience in making spaghetti sauce is that a chopped up carrot really adds something to the sauce. Sounds strange, but I'm telling you it really helps. It's my secret ingredient.

I heard Alton Brown say the same thing on Good Eats. He said something about it adding sugar or sweetness to it without having to actually add sugar.

Sounds good, GoD.