PDA

View Full Version : Silver all the rage?

Grand Master Melon
10th November 2010, 07:55 AM
After firing up the comp this morning I pulled up my default home page of Yahoo and off to the right they have a section called "Trending Now" which identifies popular searches and there was the term "silver prices" at number five out of ten.

MNeagle
10th November 2010, 08:24 AM
That's a first!

JohnQPublic
10th November 2010, 11:19 AM
Good catch!

MNeagle
12th November 2010, 05:31 AM
After firing up the comp this morning I pulled up my default home page of Yahoo and off to the right they have a section called "Trending Now" which identifies popular searches and there was the term "silver prices" at number five out of ten.

Now listing at #10 trending this morning on Yahoo homepage.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
12th November 2010, 12:08 PM
I was watching startrek at www.watchtrek.com

I look up and there's SAE and GAE staring back at me. They, among many other sites, are running AMPEX ads. This is new - I would have noticed it.

sirgonzo420
12th November 2010, 12:14 PM
I was watching startrek at www.watchtrek.com

I look up and there's SAE and GAE staring back at me. They, among many other sites, are running AMPEX ads. This is new - I would have noticed it.

It's because APMEX ads follow goldbugs around.

Not everyone sees those ads everywhere... just "us".

Apparently it has something to do with cookies or some other bit of technical web-jargon I don't know much about.

But it kinda makes me not as big a fan of APMEX... I don't particularly care for being tracked.

big country
14th November 2010, 06:46 PM
its not apmex doing the tracking, it is more likely google or some other ad deliverer doing the tracking. Apmex just has that "tracker" throw their ads up when it appears it would be a likely demographic. Usually in the fine print on the ad it tells you who is delivering it. 9 of 10 of the apmex ads I see are delivered from Google

StackerKen
14th November 2010, 06:59 PM
I see apmex adds all over too. I figured it was something like that... :-\

gunDriller
15th November 2010, 04:10 PM

Apparently it has something to do with cookies or some other bit of technical web-jargon I don't know much about.

so if we delete all our cookies, will we stop getting all the gold ads ?

i thought they were just "a sign of the times". like that's one of the few profitable businesses.

SeekYeFirst
15th November 2010, 08:35 PM

so if we delete all our cookies, will we stop getting all the gold ads ?

i thought they were just "a sign of the times". like that's one of the few profitable businesses.

Yes, If you delete your cookies and avoid apmx, you won't see their ads. Once you visit their site without deleting cookies, their ads from google will show again.