PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Hotel Lobby Explosion- 5 Canadians 2 Mexicans Killed; MSM: "swamp gas"

keehah
15th November 2010, 08:37 PM
Is it just me or does it usually seem like non-government sponsored terrorism (aka the 'real' terrorism) is within hours explained as accident by MSM and government officials?

First of all, for methane to be explosive (rather than just flame on) it needs to be in just the right concentration, not too much and not too little.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/world/2010/11/14/16136791.html

MEXICO CITY, Mexico – A buildup of swamp gas under the kitchen of a seaside restaurant at the upscale Grand Riviera Princess hotel was to blame for the deadly explosion that killed seven people Sunday, including five Canadians.

Jesus Puc Pat, the director of civil protection for the Quintana Roo state – the district where the hotel is located, in the beach resort of Playa del Carmen - said the gas originated from swampy soil on which the hotel was built.

“The area where the hotel is is very wet and marshy, and such gas originates in the region,” he told local media on Monday.

"Preliminary data indicate that the gas was trapped in the space between the floor of the hotel and the caves of the area.”

Swampland with caves? ;)

All other areas of the resort operating normally says Mexican official (in the video).

Glass
15th November 2010, 08:52 PM
yep. Can't identify what this missile thing is but the gas thing is a no brainer.

Were the Canadians important ones? Whistleblowers or something?

keehah
20th November 2010, 11:48 AM
Mexico to investigate resort explosion as a homicide (http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Mexico+investigate+resort+explosion+homicide/3860794/story.html#ixzz15qzjGRNW)

Quintana Roo state attorney Francisco Alor said this week three Canadian families have filed homicide complaints with Mexican authorities. Two families have filed injury complaints.

The investigation will look at possible causes of the blast, including whether it was the result of negligence.

Homicide investigations are routine in Mexico whenever there are unexplained deaths, Alor said Thursday. The official Canadian complaints put a further obligation on authorities to open a homicide file, he said.

The mother of one of five Canadians killed is vowing to get to the truth of what happened.

"My son went to Mexico in good faith, and if they think my son's ashes will be swept under a carpet — I don't think so," Lynda Huolt said Friday, from Prince George, B.C., where she lives. "Someone has to be accountable."