PDA

View Full Version : BULLIONET (silver) Mesh fabric: A monkey wrench for the TSA?

Libertytree
17th November 2010, 10:58 AM
I'm not tech inclined in this dept but I'm throwing it out there for the TSA primarily and also because it's silver ;D There's all kinds of different metal based fabrics on this site that I had no idea existed.

Question is though.....Would the use of these fabrics fvck with the scanners?

BULLIONET™ Mesh

Silver Pure as Bullion

Excellent microwave/radiowave shielding. First developed as an antibacterial fabric for general use (wound healing and odor control) so you know it has consistent high quality, Bullionet Mesh is a very conductive, high shielding performance fabric. Pure Silver coated onto knitted nylon mesh. Very transparent and good air flow so it is the material of choice for canopies and drapes. Can be used for garment liners. Also great for static control. Comfortable and safe against the skin, and more durable than some other nylon mesh materials. Resistivity is less than 0.5 Ohm/sq. Light gray color. Light weight too: only 0.9 ounce per sq yard. -30°C to 90°C temperature range. 49 inch wide Hand washable. Made in USA.

* Common uses: Electric field shielding keyboard cover
* Beekeeper-style head covering
* RF shielding jacket and hat liner
* Faraday Bed canopy (keeps the mosquitoes out too!)
* Window drapes, indoor screen door, or appliance cover
* Anti-static / grounding pad or sheet

http://www.lessemf.com/fabric.html

VX1
17th November 2010, 11:05 AM
Neat, but it seems it would just reflect the energy back, showing up bright white on the scanner... and the next step, since they couldn't see your junk, prepare for a TSA sexual encounter of the worst kind.

I certainly am proud of the public outcry that's occuring regarding TSA these days. Good to see the ZOG is pushing people to the edge of waking up to the ZOG.

gunDriller
17th November 2010, 01:31 PM
Neat, but it seems it would just reflect the energy back, showing up bright white on the scanner... and the next step, since they couldn't see your junk, prepare for a TSA sexual encounter of the worst kind.

I certainly am proud of the public outcry that's occuring regarding TSA these days. Good to see the ZOG is pushing people to the edge of waking up to the ZOG.

i think there might be enough group anger over the TSA at this point to inspire "group actions". e.g. a group of 25 fly together, agree to say no to the X-Ray, along with perhaps a written statement from an attorney if the TSA touches their "junk".

can you imagine the TSA dealing with large groups of American citizens refusing to be X-rayed & groped ?

e.g. the group could do a cheap round-trip, SFO to LAX, or Portland to Seattle, which presents 2 opportunities to educate the TSA, for each traveller. plus it's close enough that, if they don't get on the plane on the return flight, they can drive.

http://donttouchmyjunk.com/

i had to check - that domain name is already taken !

StreetsOfGold
17th November 2010, 01:38 PM
IF a sexual assult is going to happen, approiate "placed" razer blades may be in order. Just be careful not to cut yourself.

basplaer
17th November 2010, 01:56 PM
I sent an email asking if any of their fabric products would be appropriate in mitigating the effects of xray radiation. Hopefully I get a serious reply.

midnight rambler
17th November 2010, 02:16 PM
I sent an email asking if any of their fabric products would be appropriate in mitigating the effects of xray radiation. Hopefully I get a serious reply.

One would still have exposed skin, especially the head, so DNA damage would still occur.

basplaer
18th November 2010, 02:51 PM
Well I got a reply from the LessEMF guy and he doesn't think the fabrics will offer up any protection from the THz waves employed by the scanners. After looking over a few spec sheets, I have to agree as most of the fabrics offer attenuation in the GHz ranges. Maybe he'll develop some leaded fabric of some sort. Hmmmm...! (ideas)

chad
18th November 2010, 03:10 PM
http://www.rockyflatsgear.com/

ximmy
18th November 2010, 03:13 PM
I'm gonna wear Frodo's Mithril shirt... :)

Shami-Amourae
18th November 2010, 03:27 PM
I have another plan for those TSA perverts:

http://listicles.thelmagazine.com/wp-content/upload/kilt2.jpg

Now try touching this junk!