PDA

View Full Version : Calling for help on, "Is the DOW an indicator of the U.S. economy?"

YukonCornelius
17th November 2010, 04:16 PM
In my opinion, it obviously is not.

ie. Fed pumping money, insider selling, volumes, etc.

Looking for more specific, info, link and thoughts.

Thanks ahead of time. Sorry I won't be here to steer conversation. I'm heading to go listen to Thomas Woods speak at my school's auditorium and have homework to do after.

Thanks for the help.

Fullpower
17th November 2010, 04:47 PM
The DOW Jones industrial average is the weighted average FIAT value of a specific set of common stock shares traded at extremely high rates, by dedicated supercomputers in a rigged market-place.
The DJIA has absolutely NO bearing nor representation of ANY economy in the physical universe.

Spectrism
17th November 2010, 05:23 PM
The whitewashing of sepulchres does not show the color or lack of life inside. The game of confidence has been set to acoid all appearances of death or depression.

The Great Depression was known for:

stock market crash
soup kitchens and bread lines
unemployment
farm dustbowl
deflation- no money to be had

These appearance are being covered over with false laminations. Everything is deception and delusion.

chad
17th November 2010, 05:24 PM
it would be if every time a company shit the bed they didn't yank it out and stick another apple in as a replacement.

osoab
17th November 2010, 05:39 PM
Hell no it's not. Our corporate media has done a wonderful job of obfuscating this fact.

Unfortunately, a tidy sum of the middle class wealth has been/was deposited into 401, IRA, Roth accounts for retirement.
This keeps the inherent interest in JSP. They have there life savings in the game.

So even if everything goes to hell, JSP will still feel comforted that the DOW was up 100 points for the day.
The sad thing is, is that the purchasing power of the dollar they have invested into the market, that happens to be 25% off its highs, is depreciating in value at the same time.

(I'm using very rough numbers)

YukonCornelius
17th November 2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks so far.