PDA

View Full Version : why did they stop making .270 winchester in 120 grain?

chad
19th November 2010, 01:01 PM
i bought this for years at any hardware store, etc. for deer hunting. now you can't buy it, it's all switched to 130 and 150 grain loads.

the 120 was perfect for 100 yard shots. i'm curious as to why this load vanished. :conf:

Gaillo
19th November 2010, 01:24 PM
Start reloading... Then you'll be asking: "What's factory ammo?"

Book
19th November 2010, 01:32 PM
130 grain instead of 120 grain.

What's the crisis again?

|--0--|

Dogman
19th November 2010, 01:52 PM
Start reloading... Then you'll be asking: "What's factory ammo?"

Man you are so ever right on that statement.

You can tune your loads to the rifle and find a combination that works for you I looked and can not find any answers to you op's question but also I did not dig very deep. I highly recommend all to reload for all of your guns. If anything the shortages we have seen in the last few years should point that way , get some equipment , and stock up on powder , primers and bullets for the calibers your guns use and get used to picking up brass and saving it for reloading. You may or not re-cope the investment for the equipment that depends on how much you shoot, if a lot you will pay for the equipment sooner, even if not you can have the satisfaction that you can feed your guns with a diet that they like and the hell with is it on the shelf or not. There maybe a time that the shelfs will be empty. As we all have seen the last few years, Reloading is fun and unless you do something wrong , you can make a load for your guns that work as good as store bought if not even better!

These times that we are in are unlike any of anyone living now. Get the equipment and roll your own. the hell with store bought ammo, It will not be there when you need it anyway. But as long as you have the brass, primers , powder and lead you will be in business putting game in your freezer or what ever. When your peers have empty guns. ;D