PDA

View Full Version : Karma poll

Libertytree
19th November 2010, 09:22 PM
IMO, the karma feature is useless. +Karma is the same as "thanks", so, it's redundant. -Karma is a cowards way of sniping at ya without having the guts to address you directly.

Saying "thanks" in a simple manner is cool, it's quick to acknowledge that you agree with the post and if you want to expound further you can, if not, you conveyed your sentiments of agreeance.

- negative karma is chickenshit bullsh!t It's tantamount to not being able to face your accuser.

I rest my case, the rest is up to yaw'll.

General of Darkness
19th November 2010, 09:33 PM
LT, I have no idea what you're referring too. My smite count keeps me warm at night.

Libertytree
19th November 2010, 09:42 PM
It's nothing and everything General. It's the friggin' principle of it. I hate stupid, idiotic, chickenshit things and this has grated on me since we got the "thanks" feature, if not before, because there's no way to know where what is coming from. Just my 0000.1 pennies worth.

Dogman
19th November 2010, 10:31 PM
Karma if fully understood works both ways, Good and Bad, Yes it is irritating to be sniped at from out of the blue. But also it can be a service, of giving a clue that one might be taking a wrong path on this forum.

But I do agree with you on the anomaly of it, it should be open so they that smite are shown
instead of being anatomist. But that also can lead to open hostility! To the smiters.

Had not a clue of karma until I spent some time in southeast Asia and my life since I have payed attention and I really think there is something real about it. It is like the so called circle of life , what goes around comes around.

Sort of like the "Golden Rule"

1. One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself (positive form)[2]
2. One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated (negative/prohibitive form, also called the Silver Rule)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Rule (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Rule)

Glass
20th November 2010, 03:44 AM
I think the poll should also show how people have voted.

As for karma, it is what it is. It kind of duplicates the thanks feature. I got pissed for a bit about the karma but now I don't care. Mostly because the dogs who used to hang around forum have been moved on.

1970 silver art
20th November 2010, 03:49 AM
Honestly it does not matter to me, if other people feel that they want to smite me because of whatever reason, then so be it. So far, I have accumulated 98 smites since I came back to GSUS on July 12, 2010. I did that without having to beg for them. That is a major accomplishment for me. :D What does my increasing smite count mean to me? It simply means that I am doing something right on GSUS. :D

Here is something that I keep in mind when I accumulate smites on GSUS..............

Sticks, stones, and bullets can hurt me but smites can NEVER hurt me.

crazychicken
20th November 2010, 06:34 AM

As for karma, it is what it is. It kind of duplicates the thanks feature. I got pissed for a bit about the karma but now I don't care.

Mostly because the dogs who used to hang around forum have been moved on.

Right on!

CC

Down1
20th November 2010, 08:05 AM
I am hoping the new board doesn't have this "feature".
I don't feel it brings any positive energy to this place.

General of Darkness
20th November 2010, 08:08 AM

What "NEW" board are you referring too? :dunno

Dogman
20th November 2010, 08:09 AM

As for karma, it is what it is. It kind of duplicates the thanks feature. I got pissed for a bit about the karma but now I don't care. Mostly because the dogs who used to hang around forum have been moved on.

:ROFL:

Not all dogs bite!! ;D

:sun:

;D

1970 silver art
20th November 2010, 08:13 AM

I think that the "new board" that he is referring to is the new vBulletin format that JQP is trying to switch GSUS to. JQP mentioned that eventually GSUS will go to the vBulletin forum format software.

Dogman
20th November 2010, 08:19 AM

You must have been counting your Kuna when the software / troll??? thing happed here, remember when your text in your sig got scrambled? That board that we will some day move to.

General of Darkness
20th November 2010, 08:24 AM

You must have been counting your Kuna when the software / troll??? thing happed here, remember when your text in your sig got scrambled? That board that we will some day move to.

You just made the list of people that need to be stabbed in the dick. ;D

Dogman
20th November 2010, 08:26 AM

You just made the list of people that need to be stabbed in the dick. ;D

;D ;D :taunt: :ROFL:

RJB
20th November 2010, 09:00 AM
The smites/applaud buttons cracks me up. I'm with General. I sleep well at night knowing that despite how polite I am, there are a bunch of cowardly little bitches on here who are too chickensh*t to call me on anything. I love that these irritated nobodies have the smite button, otherwise there'd be no way to know that I irritate them so much. LOL.

Smite away, I feel as brutalized as if you were throwing wadded up FRN notes at me.

BTW, I notice there are two groups of peoplewho get smites.
1. People who put forth unpopular info, that isn't refuted.
2. Nice people who I think GIM2 is pissed that they are over here.

Oh yeah, there is a 3rd and 4th catagory...

3. straight up jackasses.
4. a mixture of the above 3.

It would be fun (scary to some) if suddenly all the smites were traceable. heh heh heh heh

TheNocturnalEgyptian
20th November 2010, 10:57 AM
I wonder what the hell all my smites are for. I wonder what the hell all YOUR smites are for.

I may not be right all the time, but I don't think I'm wrong this frequently either. I just don't get why certain people have 500+ smites.

StackerKen
20th November 2010, 11:09 AM
I like to give applauds...I just gave one to everyone on this thread . :)

I am working on getting the Generals applauds up past his smites...(When I remember)

I try also to remember to pay back the applauds to all the folks that helped balance my Karma ;D

Light
20th November 2010, 11:15 AM
My number of smites is way out of line. It's probably one chicken smiting me over and over 'til his wrist gets sore..

Horn
20th November 2010, 11:30 AM
Where's the vote for all of the above? ???

midnight rambler
20th November 2010, 11:31 AM
My number of smites is way out of line. It's probably one chicken smiting me over and over 'til his wrist gets sore..

Your smite count is running at 68% of your posts, while mine is running at 80% of my posts. It looks like I have a stalker showering me with smite love. :D

General of Darkness
20th November 2010, 12:04 PM

Your smite count is running at 68% of your posts, while mine is running at 80% of my posts. It looks like I have a stalker showering me with smite love. :D

Actually I believe that Magnes is going to figure out who the "smiters" are. There are "certain" people here, like me, Magnes, you and a few others that really don't give a damn about hurting someones feelings if it's the truth. I've butt hurt a few members heres, FunnyMoney comes to mind and a few others.

On another note, Tom you have to make the Bacon and Potato receipt I posted in the cooking section, it's fricken awesome.

Horn
20th November 2010, 12:38 PM

General of Darkness & midnight rambler, when will it dawn on yous that the Light ain't right. 8)

FunnyMoney
20th November 2010, 12:40 PM
....don't give a damn about hurting someones feelings if it's the truth. I've butt hurt a few members heres, FunnyMoney comes to mind...

Maybe you can quote the truth you're talking about. So when did that "butt hurt" happen? If it did, then I didn't feel a thing.

RJB
20th November 2010, 12:41 PM
There are "certain" people here, like me, Magnes, you and a few others that really don't give a damn about hurting someones feelings if it's the truth.

I dedicate this song to you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuDtGdmWc4g&feature=related
7. I Feel Your Pain And I Survive

[Rocky George/Mike Muir]

Survive
You can not stand a single word I say
But you manage to hear every word anyway
Your eyes they always seem to be fixed on me
But not for love but for money

[CHORUS]
You say nothing yet I still hear
I am the thing that you most fear
I cause the pain deep in your heart
O, how I love to tear your world apart
Well I feel your pain and I survive
And I survive

I see your anger, I can hardly wait
How it feels so good to cause you such hate
Tried to ignore me. Thought I'd go away
But I'm back for good. I'm here to stay

[CHORUS]

You thought that you could get the best of me
To put me down, it seemed, so easily
I take such pride in the work I do
You hoped I'd fail but I'm not like you

[CHORUS]

I feel your pain so I survive

Horn
20th November 2010, 12:49 PM
RJB, that's your allotted posting time for the day...

Sorry ;D

RJB
20th November 2010, 01:27 PM

Sorry ;D
I know, I'm being bad today. Karma and thanks...

1970 silver art
20th November 2010, 03:04 PM
As of 5:56 PM US Eastern Time, Saturday, November 20, 2010, I have reached a wonderful milestone since returning to GSUS on July 12, 2010. I have accumulated 100 smites and the good thing about this is that I did not have to beg for them. What does all of this really mean? I am guessing that it means that I must be doing something right on GSUS and I am doing a wonderful job posting on GSUS. :D ;D

I will repeat what I said in an earlier post on this thread because it is worth repeating:

Sticks, stones, and bullets can hurt me but smites can NEVER hurt me.

Olmstein
20th November 2010, 04:06 PM

Sorry ;D

Good call, RJB is supposed to be on a sabbatical.

I voted to keep the Karma feature, and I gave Libertytree a smite for bringing it up.

Silver Shield
20th November 2010, 04:25 PM
I think the Karma is more useful than the thank you thing unless there was also a thumbs down feature.

I just never noticed the karma thing until now...

And judging by my karma count no one else has noticed my karma thing either.

FunnyMoney
21st November 2010, 09:43 PM
I know by looking at my count, that went from about 20 "bad karma" to over 200 in just a few months, that as soon as you start defending large groups of average working class people who might also be black, mexican, jews, muslims, or a casual memeber of those groups (or at least 1 or both of their parents were) you get a lot of bad karma. LOL :o