PDA

View Full Version : The Road to World War III – The Global Banking Cartel Has One Card Left to Play

mick silver
22nd November 2010, 05:59 AM
http://www.pakalertpress.com/2010/09/29/the-road-to-world-war-iii-the-global-banking-cartel-has-one-card-left-to-play/ ...

seaurchin1
22nd November 2010, 08:08 AM
I clicked on the link and started reading this article. Then I noticed on the right side of the page, a listing of the location of the past few readers of
this article. Sure enough there I was, my city and province right at the top. There is a link to another website, inviting me to post a photo of myself
and a link to a blog or web profile. I find this to be quite creepy, considering the theme of the articles on this site. :o
Has anyone else noticed this before?

keehah
22nd November 2010, 08:48 AM
Sterling's site has this application running too. Any site can do it and to be safe one should assume they are. Only an issue if readers want to remain anonymous from other readers. I've had two internet providers recently. One showed the city nearest me, the 3G service showed the company's main office about 3000 miles away.

Awoke
22nd November 2010, 09:47 AM
Well screw that link then.
Why don't one of you post the text here so we don't need to click it?

jimswift
22nd November 2010, 10:52 AM
Well screw that link then.
Why don't one of you post the text here so we don't need to click it?

that sounds like a good idea. the link doesn't work for me anyway.

DMac
22nd November 2010, 11:13 AM
No need for extra paranoia.

Every server that hosts a website tracks the incoming IP that asked the server to serve the web page(s). All these sites are doing is adding a little gui that is scraping their IIS/Apache logs and plotting the data points already collected on a map.

If you want to fool or mask your IP you need to use proxies.

Dogman
22nd November 2010, 11:21 AM
most proxys are slower than cold turds..