PDA

View Full Version : Dollar up by infinity percent!

k-os
22nd November 2010, 09:21 AM
Is Kitco messing with me, or do they know something we don't know?

Attached is a screen capture of the "Live Gold" Firefox Add-on this morning.

:o

sirgonzo420
22nd November 2010, 09:22 AM
lol!

I take it this is dollar positive?

k-os
22nd November 2010, 09:25 AM
I think it's funny that the server is too busy to update the gold and silver spot price, but the dollar . . . oh yeah, it's up infinity.

As a programmer, I find it amusing that "infinity" was even contained in the application. Funny stuff.

Dogman
22nd November 2010, 09:27 AM
I think it's funny that the server is too busy to update the gold and silver spot price, but the dollar . . . oh yeah, it's up infinity.

As a programmer, I find it amusing that "infinity" was even contained in the application. Funny stuff.

Hehehe K send them a divide by 0 bomb! :ROFL:

sirgonzo420
22nd November 2010, 09:29 AM

I'm not a programmer, but I thought that was funny as well.

MNeagle
22nd November 2010, 09:31 AM
Nice catch k-os.

Dogman
22nd November 2010, 09:35 AM

Question? I have played with db3 , c+ , and all flavors of basic, Pascal, and others ,

What do you use and like to work with?????

From one to another!

Dogman
22nd November 2010, 09:39 AM

K you have to give the programmer the kidos for seeing the possibility and coded for it. But agree it is a hoot! To see something like that, knowing there is a mind behind everything we see on the net.

Sparky
22nd November 2010, 09:40 AM
Is that a lot? ;D

Dogman
22nd November 2010, 09:44 AM
Is that a lot? ;D

Start travailing Your choice of ways and go forever and ever and still not get there. Add some more ever's

Infinity is mind boggling, no limits, no end, forever, crap In some ways I find it scary.

k-os
22nd November 2010, 09:46 AM

Question? I have played with db3 , c+ , and all flavors of basic, Pascal, and others ,

From one to another!

I would prefer to work in the C++/C# family, but I have been building RIAs with SQL, ColdFusion, Ajax for many, many years. The last time I worked with C#, it was version 1.0. I am sure I would be lost in it today.

Filthy Keynes
22nd November 2010, 09:54 AM
I'm a Java EE / Ajax / JavaScript / SQL sort of guy myself.

General of Darkness
22nd November 2010, 09:58 AM
Here's a song dedicated to the dollar. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG16iN0YmY0&feature=fvst

Dogman
22nd November 2010, 10:06 AM

From one to another!

I would prefer to work in the C++/C# family, but I have been building RIAs with SQL, ColdFusion, Ajax for many, many years. The last time I worked with C#, it was version 1.0. I am sure I would be lost in it today.

Thank you, quit playing years ago, and suspect that if I revisit would have to totally relearn again, some that you mention did not exist when i was playing , C all flavors I love ,v-basic , well I started out with basic in 1977-78? ? Getting the crs thingy.. ;D Back in the early days there was not much software at all to do what one wanted so had to roll your own to do it..

Good times and head aches, Dam now if you want something the net has it, in general, but the early days of 3-4 mhz clocks, and 640 kb flopys and If you had a hard drive 10 meg was HUGE.

And if lucky if you had a math co-proser ;D you were screaming.

As the world turns.. ;D

:gwing

Edit: 8088 8087 286 386 486chip and chip sets ,and programming to use the max of capability.. It was a hoot!

1970 silver art
22nd November 2010, 10:10 AM
That should be gold and silver negative but it appears that gold and silver are just saying "So what?" and are still going up :D :D :D

Dogman
22nd November 2010, 10:26 AM
Old favorit , drop pants and moon the shit out of target.

V10Silver
22nd November 2010, 05:43 PM
Net Admin here....Started programming in 77 for physics class, 82 went to CPI in Hartford. Learned on a VIC 20 and first "real: PC was a leading edge model D with 10 meg hard drive wooooooo. The good ole days.