PDA

View Full Version : 77 Year Old Hero Defends Ranch kills 4 wounds 2.

Ares
23rd November 2010, 05:18 PM
Mexican Marines Reconstruct the Death of Don Alejo Garza

When Mexican Marines arrived at the San Jose Ranch, 15 kilometers from Victoria, Tamaulipas, the scene was bleak: The austere main house was practically destroyed by grenades and heavy gunfire.

Outside of the home, they found four bodies. Cautiously, and with their weapons drawn, the troops continued inspecting the exterior and found two more gunmen, wounded and unconscious, but alive.

Inside the house only one body was found, riddled with bullets and with two weapons by it's side. The body was identified as Don Alejo Garza Tamez, the owner of the ranch and a highly respected businessman in Nuevo Leon.

Upon further inspection of the interior, marines found weapons and ammunition at every window and door. This allowed them to reconstruct how, just hours prior, the battle had played out.

Marines searched for more bodies inside the house, but none were to be found. It seemed hard to believe that one person, armed only with hunting rifles, had caused so many casualties on the attackers.

Dozens of spent shells and the smell of gunpowder gave proof of the tenacity of the man who fought to the end in defense, of not only his ranch, but his dignity.

In the end, it was deduced the man had created his own defense strategy to fight alone, placing weapons at every door and window.

The story began in the morning of Saturday November 13, when a group of armed gunmen went to deliver an ultimatum to Don Alejo Garza Tamez: He had 24 hours to turn over his property or suffer the consequences.

Using the diplomacy he had acquired over nearly eight decades of life, Don Alejo flatly announced that not only would he not be surrendering his property, but that he'd be waiting for them.

When the men had left, Don Alejo gathered his workers and ordered them to take Sunday off, he wanted to be alone.

He dedicated the rest of Saturday to taking stock of his weapons and ammunition and creating a military fortress style defense strategy for his home.

The night of Saturday the thirteenth was long and restless, much like his past hunting adventures; Don Alejo woke early. Shortly after 4 a.m. the motors of various trucks could be heard entering the property from a distance.

Marines who investigated the scene could only imagine how it was that morning: armed men, their impunity secured, confident they'd soon be owners of yet another property. Nobody, or almost no one, could hold out against a group of heavily armed gunmen. Only Don Alejo.

The trucks entered the ranch and took up positions surrounding the house. The gunmen got out of their trucks, fired shots in the air, and announced they came to take possession of the ranch. They were expecting the terrified occupants to run out, begging for mercy with their hands in the air.

But things didn't go as expected. Don Alejo welcomed them with bullets; the entire army of gunmen returned fire. Don Alejo seemed to multiply, he seemed to be everywhere. The minutes would have seemed endless to those who had seen him as easy prey. Various gunmen were killed on sight. The others, in rage and frustration, intensified the attack by swapping out their assault rifles for grenades.

When everything finally fell silent, the air was left heavy with gunpowder. The holes left in the walls and the windows attested to the violence of the attack. When they went in search of what they had assumed was a large contingent, they were surprised to find only one man, Don Alejo.

The surviving gunmen did not take over the ranch. Thinking the military would arrive at any moment, they decided to run. They left behind what they thought were six corpses, but two of their gunmen had survived.

Shortly after, the Marines arrived and methodically reconstructed the events. A lone rancher, a man who worked a lifetime to be able to enjoy the fruits of his labor such as his ranch, had defended it to his death.

In the last hunt of his life, Don Alejo surprised the group of assassins who wanted to impose the same law on his ranch that they had on the State, the law of the jungle.

The marines who were present will never forget the scene: a 77 year old man, who before death, took out four gunmen, fighting the same as the best soldiers: with dignity, courage, and honor.

Rest in Peace Don Alejo Garza Tamez

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/11/mexican-marines-reconstruct-death-of.html

Dogman
23rd November 2010, 05:28 PM
If there is a better way to leave this world let me know, In bed I think not! Unless with a cutie at mid stroke , Not good for the lady, but for a man dieing in the saddle is on the top of my list! :lol

The man died with honor and sent some bastards to hell, I like that, A lot!

hoarder
23rd November 2010, 05:36 PM
I like the old man's attitude. Don't fork with old geezers, they have nothing to lose.

ximmy
23rd November 2010, 05:43 PM
"Rest in Peace Don Alejo Garza Tamez"

Amen!

Road Runner
23rd November 2010, 06:20 PM
Story brought tears to my eyes. We have worked all our lives to put a ranch together and only have about 3 friends that we believe would actually fight and die for a cause. Too bad there aren't more Don's out there.

mick silver
23rd November 2010, 06:23 PM
road runner there more dons out there you just need to meet them and trust these old fellows . i have a few older guys i know an they would stand with me an never give it a second thought

Heimdhal
23rd November 2010, 06:43 PM
You can spray and pray all you want son, but you cant miss fast enough to win the battle. Never underestimate an old man and his hunting rifle, cause chances are he knows how to use it.....very well.

Huzzah, old timer!

Plastic
23rd November 2010, 07:11 PM
That man had the warrior spirit, these days it is a rare breed that has the guts to stand their ground.

hoarder
23rd November 2010, 07:31 PM
That man had the warrior spirit, these days it is a rare breed that has the guts to stand their ground.

The old rancher was drinking well water instead of flouridated emasculating city water.

Horn
23rd November 2010, 07:35 PM
MEXICO CITY -- As recently as a year or two ago, commandos fighting for the Mexican drug cartels often would rather flee than confront security forces.

But an influx of combat weapons -- purchased at U.S. gun shops and shows or stolen from Central American munitions stockpiles -- and a vast supply of ammunition now enables them to fight, and sometimes outgun, army and federal police units.

Cartel squads toss hand grenades, fire rockets and spray security forces with high-caliber gunfire. They sometimes have 10 times the ammunition of federal forces.

The arsenals give them a greater ability to threaten the state. The resulting mayhem steadily ripples northward as civilian "narco refugees" flee areas of extreme violence.

A sample of the growing firepower of Mexico's seven major drug cartels is on display at the military warehouse on the outskirts of the capital, where seized assault rifles, machine guns, high-caliber weapons and anti-tank rockets are stored.

"As you can see," Gen. Antonio Erasto Monsivais said as he led a visitor around, "they have weapons capable of high destruction. They can confront the armed forces, whereas before they used to flee."

Monsivais cradled a menacing weapon with a bulbous chamber, a South African-made multiple grenade launcher that fires explosive rounds at rat-a-tat speed. The device empties its chamber as fast as the trigger is pulled.

"It's designed to level an area," the general said, "not to hit a specific target."

The warehouse holds plenty of kitsch weapons: pistols encrusted with rubies or assault rifles engraved with images of cobras, pumas and religious icons.

Security forces also have seized tens of thousands of venerable assault rifles such as the AK-47 and its American cousin, the AR-15. U.S. and Mexican experts say 90 percent of such semi-automatic rifles are smuggled from the United States.

The vast majority of U.S. states permit sales of semi-automatic assault rifles. Only the District of Columbia and a handful of states -- notably California, New Jersey and Connecticut -- ban or sharply restrict sales of such weapons. There's almost no restriction on sales of ammunition.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_16670956?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Plastic
23rd November 2010, 07:37 PM
The old rancher was drinking well water instead of flouridated emasculating city water.

Interesting you should bring that up...

Could somebody start a poll to see how many of us here drink well water?
Not saying that we are as bad assed as that man was, but we are smart enough to know that bankers are hoodwinking the planet and are doing something about it.

I have well water myself.

Heimdhal
23rd November 2010, 07:38 PM
[quote][size=11pt]MEXICO CITY -- As recently as a year or two ago, commandos fighting for the Mexican drug cartels often would rather flee than confront security forces.

But an influx of combat weapons -- purchased at U.S. gun shops and shows or stolen from Central American munitions stockpiles -- and a vast supply of

I am still REALLY trying to find these guns shows! Anyone know where they are? Apparently theyre all over the place, especialy in the south west.

willie pete
23rd November 2010, 07:39 PM
Reminded me of the old movie "Assault on precinct 13"

Dogman
23rd November 2010, 07:47 PM

Dude with all respect.. you are stretching it LMAO Your agenda does not fit on this thread.... :ROFL: :ROFL:

Twisted Titan
23rd November 2010, 08:13 PM
Spartan Blood still flows

hoarder
24th November 2010, 03:28 AM
I am still REALLY trying to find these guns shows! Anyone know where they are? Apparently theyre all over the place, especialy in the south west.
http://www.gunshows-usa.com/2010.htm

http://www.manatarmsbooks.com/showcal.html

Heimdhal
24th November 2010, 05:49 AM

It was sarcasm hoarders :P

I meant the guns shows where I can buy readily available grenade launchers, full auto high powered assault rifles and stinger missles. ;D

Eyebone
24th November 2010, 06:30 AM
Too bad the old fellow didn't have a few grenades himself, there might have been a different end.

Horn
24th November 2010, 08:41 AM

It was sarcasm hoarders :P

I meant the guns shows where I can buy readily available grenade launchers, full auto high powered assault rifles and stinger missles. ;D

I think you have to go to the Mexican gun show for that type of equipment.

My understanding is that these drug cartels were pretty much operating peacefully (only chopping each other up) until the Mexican government decided to militarize and move in on them. Since then the refugees # multiplied, and civilian blood started flowing.

Now that they are better equipped than the government, they are looking to tax just the same to support the war.

Libertytree
24th November 2010, 08:45 AM
Too bad the old fellow didn't have a few grenades himself, there might have been a different end.

Too bad the dude didn't have a couple buddies, then there would have been a different ending.