23rd November 2010, 07:52 PM
I drink tap water :boohoo

Plastic
23rd November 2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the poll.

Well water.

Ares
23rd November 2010, 07:55 PM
I grew up on well water, have tap water now. But I have a reverse osmosis system to remove the fluoride from my water.

skid
23rd November 2010, 07:57 PM
I drink some of the best well water there is. Most impurities are almost unmeasureable the two times I have had it tested.

Buddha
23rd November 2010, 07:59 PM
I grew up on well water, have tap water now. But I have a reverse osmosis system to remove the fluoride from my water.

So it is filtered, you should have voted that way. Silly guy :)

Filthy Keynes
23rd November 2010, 08:00 PM
Reverse Osmosis Deionized water ONLY.

Ares
23rd November 2010, 08:03 PM

So it is filtered, you should have voted that way. Silly guy :)

I was thinking the source is tap water. :P

Road Runner
23rd November 2010, 08:07 PM
Well water!

skid
23rd November 2010, 08:10 PM
It seems so far that the majority here whether on well water or filtered water are non flouridated. Probably why there are so few sheeple here...

Buddha
23rd November 2010, 08:17 PM
More well water drinkers so far than I thought there would be. Do you well water drinkers really think that it makes a big difference? I've been drinking normal tap water my whole life, and I like to think that I am pretty awake.

BrewTech
23rd November 2010, 08:18 PM
I drink bottled water, either distilled or RO.

Ironically, I brew with tap water as the local water supply works nicely for brewing.

I boil the shit out of the tap water, and add healthy ingredients to make it wonderful, so is it still tap water when I'm done?

willie pete
23rd November 2010, 08:22 PM
distilled ...for many years now.. ;)

skid
23rd November 2010, 08:24 PM
Brewtech,

Depends where you live. The small city near me has some of the best tap drinking water in the world. Non flouridated, doesn't need any processing, and only very small amounts of chlorine added to keep it safe in the pipes.

Sparky
23rd November 2010, 10:10 PM
Bottled spring water. Allegedly.

Neuro
23rd November 2010, 10:59 PM
Bottled spring water. Allegedly.
Same here... I choose one with a low flouride content (0.03 ppm). I am slightly worried that the plastic bottle is leaching out some toxic stuff, but the big re-used washed bottles are probably safer...

When I am in Sweden though I always drink tap water. Excellent water, and they don't add flouride into it...

Low_five
23rd November 2010, 11:03 PM
Non fluoride tap water.

BarneyFag
24th November 2010, 12:27 AM
I'm 40 years old, so not sure how much it matters now. I grew up on well water and my kids drink filtered water from the tap, we also have a reverse osmosis machine. My kids are subject to Flouridation through bath water, so i'm hoping they will be ok. I can't say the same for the rest of my city, every since moving to a flouridated city, wow is all I can say.

Shami-Amourae
24th November 2010, 01:03 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51z4dZecTRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I use a Berkey Light (made with BPA free plastic) with PF2 filters to remove the fluoride. The Berkey Light gets rid of the bad stuff, and keeps the good stuff like calcium, magnesium, and potassium. I then drink them out of mason jars. You can freeze the glass jars beforehand and get nice, ice cold water!
:)

http://elissameyers.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/p2156523.jpg?w=420&h=476

k-os
24th November 2010, 01:16 AM
I said other. I have had reverse osmosis filtered water from my own well for the past eight years, until three months ago when I went on the road. Since then, I have had all of the above.

1970 silver art
24th November 2010, 03:38 AM
I drink tap water, however, the filtered water idea sounds like a good one. I will have to try that at some point in the near future.

Awoke
24th November 2010, 04:16 AM
Distilled only.

Agrippa
24th November 2010, 05:09 AM
Spring water -- unbottled (I haul it from the spring myself).

I used to use an R.O. system to deal with toxic government water, and even experimented with D.I. water; but research convinced me that it is far better to drink water with a healthy balance of minerals in it. Consuming D.I. water for long is likely to demineralize the drinker....

Dogman
24th November 2010, 05:19 AM
Distilled only.

You must hate yourself, distilled water has no taste, it is the minerals that give water its taste, for the good and bad. My town used to have the best tasting water, now not so good.

Also some of the best tasting comes from wells, but also some of the most sorry tasting water
depends on the minerals in it, K nailed it

I said other. I have had reverse osmosis filtered water from my own well for the past eight years, until three months ago when I went on the road. Since then, I have had all of the above.

hoarder
24th November 2010, 05:38 AM
I drink well water from the mountains. there is no residence or business above the elevation of my well in this area. That's about as good as it gets....I thought.
I had samples of my water tested at an independent lab. It has very high iron (0.53), which is OK but hard on the liver. It also showed to have FLOURIDE (0.08). The "suggested maximum level" is 2.0.
Any flouride is too much. Where does it come from?
So I got on the net and looked for naturally occurring flouride. I didn't find anything on that but lo and behold, flouride is a common ingredient in plastics like my black poly water line. My well is quite a distance from my gravity cistern and it's 1 1/4 diameter and about 1400 feet long. That means that if I fill my cistern once a week, 120 gallons or so of water just sits in my water line and well tubing for a week soaking up whatever leaches out of the plastic.

My solution, when running the well pump to fill the cistern, I let it run for an hour before filling the cistern.
I think in time the flouride will finish leaching out and will drop to a much lower level.

mick silver
24th November 2010, 06:00 AM
well

Dogman
24th November 2010, 06:03 AM
I drink well water from the mountains. there is no residence or business above the elevation of my well in this area. That's about as good as it gets....I thought.
I had samples of my water tested at an independent lab. It has very high iron (0.53), which is OK but hard on the liver. It also showed to have FLOURIDE (0.08). The "suggested maximum level" is 2.0.
Any flouride is too much. Where does it come from?
So I got on the net and looked for naturally occurring flouride. I didn't find anything on that but lo and behold, flouride is a common ingredient in plastics like my black poly water line. My well is quite a distance from my gravity cistern and it's 1 1/4 diameter and about 1400 feet long. That means that if I fill my cistern once a week, 120 gallons or so of water just sits in my water line and well tubing for a week soaking up whatever leaches out of the plastic.

My solution, when running the well pump to fill the cistern, I let it run for an hour before filling the cistern.
I think in time the fluoride will finish leaching out and will drop to a much lower level.

Understand , In hot weather it will be worse, plastic lines when hot or warm, will out gas
Your only good solution, would to replace the line with metal, but major hit in the pocket.
But depending on if you have kids with you or not, if you are at a age like me, 60 figuring I made it this far, and the hell with the small stuff, do I really want to live to 200?? :lol

Worrying about fluoride would be very low on my list of worry s.

Just saying ;D

Filthy Keynes
24th November 2010, 06:13 AM
Here is the one I have. It is made by SpectraPure - and yes I used to have a reef fish tank during the dot.com boom days. Trust me, NOTHING gets past this Reverse Osmosis Deionizer. I have a digital water purity meter (total dissolved solids) and it reads 0.00ppm.

http://www.marinedepot.com/SpectraPure_Deluxe_60_GPD_Drinking_Water_System_Dr inking_Water_Filter_System_Kits-SpectraPure-YSP3131-FIRODR-YSP3135-vi.html

http://c1.f3images.com/IMD/600/YSP3135/YSP3135_99.jpg

Dogman
24th November 2010, 06:22 AM
Here is the one I have. It is made by SpectraPure - and yes I used to have a reef fish tank during the dot.com boom days. Trust me, NOTHING gets past this Reverse Osmosis Deionizer. I have a digital water purity meter (total dissolved solids) and it reads 0.00ppm.

http://www.marinedepot.com/SpectraPure_Deluxe_60_GPD_Drinking_Water_System_Dr inking_Water_Filter_System_Kits-SpectraPure-YSP3131-FIRODR-YSP3135-vi.html

http://c1.f3images.com/IMD/600/YSP3135/YSP3135_99.jpg

Both you and Awoke are in good company. Some solids are good, and If I had a choice of bland tasting or good tasting water, It is a no brainer, for me, go for the gusto. and bland tasting water, is to me something to avoid, As long as what is in the water wont kill me in the next 100 years I am happy.

LMAO!

;D

bellevuebully
24th November 2010, 08:56 AM
Distilled only.

Don't know this for sure, but I have heard that distilled water, because of it's purity, can actually strip minerals from your body. Like anything else, things tend to move from areas of low concentration to high concentration. Anyone have an educated opinion on this?

As to the op, drilled well, 107 ft. Also grew up on well water, dug though, 6 tiles, fwiw.

Filthy Keynes
24th November 2010, 09:04 AM
I have heard that distilled water, because of it's purity, can actually strip minerals from your body.

This is a popular topic for those in the "reef aquarium" hobby. In order to keep a reef tank you MUST have ultra pure water - and so it is natural to want to drink that water.

While there is some "debate" the conclusion is that it is a MYTH that the water "strips minerals" from your body.

I'll try to find a thread about this so you can see the back-and-forth. But think about it... the amount of minerals that you get from a gallon of water a day is about the amount of minerals found in a crumb of bread.

Filthy Keynes
24th November 2010, 09:08 AM
I have heard that distilled water, because of it's purity, can actually strip minerals from your body.

Here you go:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1922583

The "RO/DI is dangerous to drink" is a big myth that has been passed around for a long time (probably about as long as the copper in distilled water myth) without any real evidence to support it.

There are many many MANY people who all they drink is RO/DI and have for years. In fact if you look close on a lot of bottled water it'll say right on the bottle its been filtered by reverse osmosis. Can you drink so much of it to be dangerous to you? Sure you can, the same amount as drinking regular water. There IS a little tiny danger to drinking RO or RO/DI but it doesn't have to deal with sucking any ions or minerals or anything else out of your body. It has to do with the fact that it doesn't contain any chemicals any longer to prohibit bacteria from growing in any containers or such.

A lot of the RO/DI filters designed for drinking water have a post DI carbon stage, again this isn't to put minerals back into the water to make it safe to drink or anything. Its to put some minerals back in because many people find RO/DI water very "dry", tastes kinda funky so the post-DI carbon stage helps with the taste. :)

Here's a thread about drinking the Reverse Osmosis WASTE water:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1930493

Here is a photo of my old 75gallon reef (2003).

Awoke
24th November 2010, 09:16 AM
Bully: It will not strip minerals from your body. Also, it will not add any minerals to your body.
It is pure H2O with no invasive/foreign floaters in it.

I have done a number of fasts for fairly long periods (17 days and 15 days) with nothing of any kind, except for distilled water. I have read numerous books on the subject as well, and I am sure that distilled water is the best form there is.

The molecular structure is Hydrogen and Oxygen. Anthing else is foreign. I'm not saying necessarily that minerals are bad. I know our bodies need minerals and protiens, etc. All I'm saying is that water, in it's most basic form, is H20.

Dogman: Water isn't supposed to taste like anything. If it tastes like anything, there is something wrong with it. I suggest you buy distilled for a month or 2, then drink a big glass of tap water. You will notice right away that you can smell the chemicals in it, and you can certainly taste the chemicals in it.
Just because it's clear doesn't mean it's clean or pure.

sunshine05
24th November 2010, 09:43 AM
We have well water too, but only for the past 4 years. Before that it was city water:(. I wonder how much effect chemtrails have on sedating people too. I think it is more than just fluoride. Thoughts?

Buddha
24th November 2010, 04:37 PM
It looks like I'll be switching to distilled water :D

Bullion_Bob
24th November 2010, 04:37 PM
Combination of non fluoridated RO tap water, and distilled. Probably 60/40 distilled/RO.

Book
25th November 2010, 04:41 AM
Depends where you live. The small city near me has some of the best tap drinking water in the world.

Yep. Tap water here in Boise, Idaho is fine.

Shami-Amourae
25th November 2010, 04:53 AM
Yep. Tap water here in Boise, Idaho is fine.

Is it fluoride-free or something?

osprey
25th November 2010, 06:27 AM
Well water.

StackerKen
25th November 2010, 11:04 AM
We drink and use well water from our 500 ft deep well (Granite fissure) fed from the Sierras
Tastes really good,

But My wife recently discovered that our well water was giving her leg cramps :conf:

Anyone have any idea why?

bellevuebully
25th November 2010, 12:08 PM
We drink and use well water from our 500 ft deep well (Granite fissure) fed from the Sierras
Tastes really good,

But My wife recently discovered that our well water was giving her leg cramps :conf:

500Ft? Wow.

How does she relate the cramps to the water? When she drinks it does she gets cramps right away or consistantly shortly thereafter?

The only thing I can possibly think to related it to is lack of potassium is usually related to cramps. Might there be something in the water that is absorbing or interacting with the potassium in her body?

Libertytree
25th November 2010, 12:23 PM
Tastes really good,

My uneducated guess is that the water lacks sodium (salt and or other minerals) that good water contains, IOW, she's dehydrated. ???

StackerKen
25th November 2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the reply's LT and BB

She doesn't have the leg cramps until she drinks our well water...Sometimes just a few hours later...she has pretty much narrowed it down to the well water.

She eats a banana pretty much everyday....for the potassium

And she drinks bottled water now, and is fine.

But we Use the well water for our coffee and that doesn't give her leg cramps.

but if she uses it for Iced tea or drinks it straight from the tap it does.

so the boiling it must make the difference

We plan to get a filter system or R.O. soon and hopefully that will help.

But Like i said, Our water tastes good. And I don't have any problem with it

milehi
25th November 2010, 12:45 PM
I drink well water from the tap. I used to work for the local water district back in the day, and with a main well supplementing the system right next door, my house was(still is) the sample house for the weekly tests in this zone. The chlorine residual tests would always read zero, and we'd fudge them up to read nine. No flouride here either.

Libertytree
25th November 2010, 12:49 PM

She doesn't have the leg cramps until she drinks our well water...Sometimes just a few hours later...she has pretty much narrowed it down to the well water.

Well, maybe it just needs a little further filtration. This is a great thing to have IMO and am getting another one in a week or so (replacement), maybe there's something in the water that's causing it and this might remove it?

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/berkey_light_big_berkey_water_filter_british_berke feld_portable_purifier.aspx

StackerKen
25th November 2010, 01:04 PM
from that site

Berkey purifier systems (and component parts) are not available for sale to California or Iowa :conf:

Ca. Sux :(

Libertytree
25th November 2010, 01:11 PM
No problem dude, I'll buy it here in Fl and send it to ya.

BrewTech
25th November 2010, 01:24 PM
from that site

Berkey purifier systems (and component parts) are not available for sale to California or Iowa :conf:

I'd love to know the reasoning behind that policy... what a joke! ::)

Neuro
25th November 2010, 04:23 PM

The weird thing is that not drinking enough water, or drinking coffee tends to be a trigger to leg cramps through dehydration, not the other way around... Could it be that your wife only tends to drink the well water when she is severely dehydrated, because she tries to avoid it due to her fearing it will cause a leg cramp. Thus unless she is really thirsty she will not drink? If she doesn't drink much water otherwise, she should try and increase her consumption for a few days, and see what it does... I wouldn't rule out there is something in the water creating cramps, but it sounds strange that coffee from the same water would neutralize it.

bellevuebully
27th November 2010, 06:36 PM
She could always try this approach.....

Doc, it hurts when I do this...

...Don't do that. LOL, jk of course ;D

sunshine05
27th November 2010, 06:49 PM

A while ago I woke up with leg cramps a few days in a row, really bad. I started taking the Cal/Mg supplements and they went away. This is the type I take, just FYI.

http://www.vitacost.com/Dr-Weil-Balanced-Cal-Mag

I have well water too. I wonder if there is a connection?

StackerKen
27th November 2010, 07:01 PM

A while ago I woke up with leg cramps a few days in a row, really bad. I started taking the Cal/Mg supplements and they went away. This is the type I take, just FYI.

http://www.vitacost.com/Dr-Weil-Balanced-Cal-Mag

I have well water too. I wonder if there is a connection?

Thanks Sunshine.
I just went and told my wife (Playswithfire here) what you posted.
she said, "yeah...but I don't have leg cramps anymore"
:-\

she doesn't drink our well water anymore.

maybe you could stop drinking your well water and see if the cramps stop?

FreeEnergy
27th November 2010, 07:44 PM
from that site

I'd love to know the reasoning behind that policy... what a joke! ::)

Everything related to health that sold to the Communist California must be certified in Communist California. Another words, if they sell 20 water filters, in order to sell to california they must go out of their way, spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to certify every one just to sell. Instead, they tell californians to take a hike.

There's a bunch of slight misconceptions here about Reverse Osmosis.

Reverse Osmosis doesn't filter everything. It filters all dissolved solids (like calcium, magnesium, salt, metals etc), that's why "TDS meter" (total dissolved solids meter) says 0. TDS meters aren't useful in determining quality of water, the only thing they are good for is to tell if RO membrane works or not. Some of the best drinking water in the world will be from glaciers or underground lakes on islands, and that water, having gone through limestone, has TDS in 100s. The pollutants are often chemicals and pharmaceuticals that a TDS meter just can't measure.

RO membranes filter a lot of chemicals in the neighborhood on 90%+, which is still pretty good.

Pure H2O doesn't really exist. H2O is a perfect oxidizer, it doesn't exist in nature like that, and it will "leach" materials from the environment. If it is in plastic bottle that says "distilled", you can bet your sweet arse it isn't. You may be able to keep water close to H2O in a glass jar, it will leach plastic or metal.

REverse osmosis water is VERY acidic. Normal water pH (acidity) is around 7.0 -7.5 . Blood is about 7.35. RO water is commonly 4-5. Your body will adjust it to normal, but it will take work. With a lot of acidic food, such as meats, coffee, processed foods, sweeteners, soda, wine etc. you name it basically, you already subject your body to a lot of work. Usually, Reverse Osmosis systems have carbon post-filter to make water a bit neutral, but carbon isn't the world's best acid neutralizer (calcium is way better, for instance).