PDA

View Full Version : Snow! - Who's Getting Some?

skid
25th November 2010, 08:38 PM
1st snowfall of the year here in the PNW (outside Vancouver) today. So far there is around 10 inches or so and still snowing heavily. I had to fire up the green machine to plow the driveway. Good thing I have lots of wood for the wood stove! 8)

Last year there was only one snowfall and it melted the same day...

Mouse
25th November 2010, 08:46 PM
Had some earlier today but it didn't stick. I fished out a bunch of lettuce and cilantro from the garden and covered up what's left in the lettuce for hail mary save. I don't think it's going to make it - 18 tonight. It's been pretty tame so far, but I remember last year thanksgiving we were all just wearing sweatshirts hanging outside on the deck and went fishing. Not so this year. I actually can't believe I am still growing scads of lettuce and beets and carrots this late.

Plastic
25th November 2010, 08:47 PM
Possible snow showers for my area (Northern Indiana) tonight but nothing for accumulation.

Filthy Keynes
25th November 2010, 09:04 PM
SEA-ATTLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dooKpdIwwR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZCyQ3emQg

vacuum
25th November 2010, 09:38 PM
It was snowing for the last few days, its raining now

AndreaGail
25th November 2010, 09:45 PM
lots of snow in the mountains but not so much on the front range

Road Runner
25th November 2010, 10:28 PM
We had about 8 inches a few days ago here in central south dakota. More predicted coming around Monday.

Shami-Amourae
25th November 2010, 10:49 PM
WTF is snow?

*In SoCal*

skid
25th November 2010, 11:02 PM
WTF is snow?

*In SoCal*

It's that stuff that eventually melts and forms rivers and lakes and drinking water and stuff. Oops, forgot yuo don't get that either in SoCal ;D

seaurchin1
26th November 2010, 01:32 AM
On Vancouver Island we've had about 8 inches of snow and temperatures down to -11 celsius. Now it's about 6 degrees and the nasty snow is melting, hurray.
I don't like snow, it makes everything more difficult. I keep hearing that this winter will be colder and snowier than normal. :( What happened to the global warming ???

keehah
26th November 2010, 05:41 AM
We often go whole winters on the southern coast of BC without a winter storm like this. And its not even December yet!

What happened to the global warming
The local polios don't need it anymore, we are already paying our carbon taxes here. ;D

JDRock
26th November 2010, 06:11 AM
150" in the mountains.... about a foot in the valley.

RobinsNest
26th November 2010, 06:44 AM
About 9 inches so far here in Spokane, and more due today. The snow itself doesn't bother me (although the roads are a mess) what's buggin' me is the subzero temperatures we had for a couple of days. -10 is a little chilly for a SoCal transplant like me. :o

Ash_Williams
26th November 2010, 07:26 AM
It's been kinda warm here so far, the snow is just finally starting as of this week. Usually it starts before halloween. I look forward to a good snowstorm

steyr_m
26th November 2010, 07:54 AM
We got about 12-14" in the last couple days. It's 0° F here now....