PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun

MNeagle
26th November 2010, 03:56 PM
Spanish Woman Claims She Now Owns Sun

http://sharing.myfoxorlando.com/sharewono//photo/2010/07/18/sun_20100718133352_320_240.JPG

AFP) - After billions of years the Sun finally has an owner -- a woman from Spain's soggy region of Galicia said Friday she had registered the star at a local notary public as being her property.

Angeles Duran, 49, told the online edition of daily El Mundo she took the step in September after reading about an American man who had registered himself as the owner of the moon and most planets in our solar system.

There is an international agreement which states that no country may claim ownership of a planet or star, but it says nothing about individuals, she added.

"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law. I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."

The document issued by the notary public declares Duran to be the "owner of the Sun, a star of spectral type G2, located in the centre of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometers."

Duran, who lives in the town of Salvaterra do Mino, said she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government and 20 percent to the nation's pension fund.

She would dedicate another 10 percent to research, another 10 percent to ending world hunger -- and would keep the remaining 10 percent herself.

"It is time to start doing things the right way, if there is an idea for how to generate income and improve the economy and people's wellbeing, why not do it?" she asked.

via Drudge: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/news/offbeat/spanish-woman-claims-she-now-owns-sun-dpgonc-20101126-gc_10808147

Twisted Titan
26th November 2010, 03:59 PM
Duran, who lives in the town of Salvaterra do Mino, said she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government and 20 percent to the nation's pension fund.

U own the center of the Universe but you want to make sure that the Ponizi Scheme can continue.

Thats just fricken brilliant.

palani
26th November 2010, 04:03 PM
Not valid until livery of seisin is complete. She has to take possession.

Sort of like the guy a few years back who had a computer generate all possible combinations of telephone tones. One of them is going to be your telephone number so technically you owed him a fee anytime your phone rang... copyright infringement.

Eyebone
26th November 2010, 04:07 PM
Well I gots SUNBURN sos I wants my money Bieach!

Plastic
26th November 2010, 04:09 PM
The sun has a helluva lot of acreage, let the idiotic wench pay property taxes on it.

Neuro
26th November 2010, 04:11 PM
Isn't she liable for damages caused by solar storms now then, what about sunburns?. She may think the sun is a big asset, but she may found that it is far easier to be liable for any damages her sun is causing, than it would be to apply a fee for something you don't really have a say in.

Hehehe she thought she was smart when applying for ownership of the sun, but she hadn't thought the real implications through yet...

sirgonzo420
26th November 2010, 04:23 PM
I claimed the sun a long time ago, then it all went up in flames.

Gaillo
26th November 2010, 04:32 PM

So... did your "Jewish Lightning" insurance claim pay off? ;D

sirgonzo420
26th November 2010, 04:36 PM

So... did your "Jewish Lightning" insurance claim pay off? ;D

hahahaha

ZING!

Heimdhal
26th November 2010, 05:03 PM
I want to see her come to my house and try to collect. In fact, I would LOVE IT! Come on, I dare ya :)

Buddha
26th November 2010, 05:47 PM
the claim of ownership of the sun did not surprise me one bit. What she is going to do with the proceeds made me lol.

I think that we here at GSUS can file a class action against her. Speaking for my self, the sun was in my eyes the entire way home this afternoon and it also woke me up in the morning. It also makes roosters go insane and that is not good for them.

gunDriller
27th November 2010, 04:24 AM
I want to see her come to my house and try to collect. In fact, I would LOVE IT! Come on, I dare ya :)

she could show up naked in a trenchcoat. are you sure you want that ?

BrewTech
27th November 2010, 07:08 AM

she could show up naked in a trenchcoat. are you sure you want that ?

Maybe... i didn't see a pic of her in the article.

Buddha
27th November 2010, 08:09 AM
Here you are gentlemen, Angeles Duran

http://www.odditycentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Angeles-Duran.jpg

http://www.odditycentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Angeles-Duran2.jpg

General of Darkness
27th November 2010, 09:08 AM
I claim that bitches taco. Time to feed the beast. ;D

still afloat
27th November 2010, 09:16 AM
I say let her have it , but under the Homestead Act requirements of 1862 .

"The law required three steps: file an application, improve the land, and file for deed of title.

Anyone who had never taken up arms against the U.S. government, including freed slaves, could file an application and evidence of improvements to a federal land office. The occupant also had to be 21 or older and had to live on the land for five years."

If she meets the requirements I'll gladly pay her requested fees.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
27th November 2010, 09:11 PM
This is the fucking problem with western common law.

zap
27th November 2010, 09:27 PM
Sorry, suit time for the sunburn I got ! Please contact my attorney.