PDA

View Full Version : Max Keiser:Germany will emerge as World's new Superpower

General of Darkness
27th November 2010, 08:43 AM
I agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trmPJxk5954

7th trump
27th November 2010, 08:52 AM
Why dont these countries just go to war with the imf?

problem solved.
Or how about tell the imf to go pound sand...................you are not getting your blood money........booo freaken whoooooo.
I think by telling the IMF to suck pond water..................whos going to send tanks and bombers?

skid
27th November 2010, 08:57 AM
German products are world re-knowned as the best in the world. If it says made in Germany it is usually top notch. Germany exports to China high tech products and gets consumer goods in return.

However, super powers need a military as well. To my knowledge, germany is only allowed a defensive army??

osoab
27th November 2010, 09:00 AM
Why dont these countries just go to war with the imf?

problem solved.
Or how about tell the imf to go pound sand...................you are not getting your blood money........booo freaken whoooooo.
I think by telling the IMF to suck pond water..................whos going to send tanks and bombers?

That is because the banks that own those countries own the IMF. They get subjugation with the debt mandates through the IMF. It's just that now it is the 1st tier of economies getting the shaft. Not many people grumbled about the IMF's pillage of 3rd world countries.

When the IMF is allowed to become a sacrificial lamb, another entity will be ready to takes its place.

General of Darkness
27th November 2010, 09:04 AM
German products are world re-knowned as the best in the world. If it says made in Germany it is usually top notch. Germany exports to China high tech products and gets consumer goods in return.

However, super powers need a military as well. To my knowledge, germany is only allowed a defensive army??

What's funny is the U.S. Army is RENTING German tanks because they've got airconditioning. But you are correct, 95% of German products are top notch, where as everything Chinese is crap. Even a damn Chinese choke collar for dogs is crap, and unless you get the good German ones you're wasting your money. HELL, the Chinese dog food kills dogs.

keehah
27th November 2010, 09:29 AM
A few pieces of the puzzle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor

The House of Windsor is the current Royal House of the Commonwealth realms. It is a branch of the German House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (German: Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha), which adopted the English name Windsor by a royal proclamation on the 17 July 1917. The most prominent member of the House of Windsor is Elizabeth II, the reigning monarch over the Commonwealth realms. However, the head of the House of Windsor (cadet branch of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) is Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, as the senior male-line descendant of King George V, who founded the house by changing its name from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor. The overall head of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, including the Windsor branch, is Andreas, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. The heir to the thrones of the Commonwealth realms, Charles, Prince of Wales, is a member of a distinct House of Windsor, a cadet branch of the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg as membership to European royal houses is determined by patrilineal descent

http://underbelly-buce.blogspot.com/2009/02/why-dont-germans-want-to-own-their.html

A few years back I was on TDY at Stanford. With time on my hands, I dined out a lot with a visiting professor from Greece. He marveed at Palo Alto real estate prices (and this was long before the boomandbust). "At least our children can buy their own homes," he kept saying. "They can buy their own homes."

He was right. Greece had and has a high level of home ownership. Indeed, so do many of the poorest and least developed countries in and around the European common market (I believe Hungary may be the highest).

The flip side is that we get some of the lowest rates of home ownership in some of the richest countries--like Sweden, and Germany.

Frame it as a question: why does Germany have such a low rate of home ownership? I tried it on a few of my friends who know more about Germany than I do. I learned some stuff I didn't know before, but most of the answers get you nowhere because it isn't clear which way you are going on the ladder of causation.

The German government doesn't promote home ownership.
The banks make it difficult to get a long-term mortgage: lots of cosigners, high down payments.
There's a horrendous transfer tax (20%+ of value).
Huge protections for renters; almost impossible to evict.
All this is most interesting and instructive, but in every one of these instances, the phenomenon seems more like effect than cause: i.e., if society wanted home ownership, the government would promote home ownership; would get rid of the transfer tax, would squeeze the banks, would toughen up the eviction laws.

My friend Taxmom has some good anecdotes about the German aversion to home ownership. "My German friends (dual income no kids)," she recalls,
last time I was there explained to me that no-one seriously thought about buying a home unless they wanted to leave something for their heirs, and since they didn't plan to have kids, what was the point? At about the same time I read an article in the Frankfurter Allgemeine about the beleagered misguided Brits, who put themselves into economic servitude for the sake of owning their own home.

palani
27th November 2010, 09:36 AM
I always thought they did a good job taking down the Roman empire. They are especially formidable when the Visi clan joins up with the Goths.

Light
27th November 2010, 11:49 AM
Germans may have invented the hot dog:

"The word frankfurter comes from Frankfurt, Germany, where pork sausages served in a bun similar to hot dogs originated.[1] Wiener refers to Vienna, Austria, whose German name is "Wien", home to a sausage made of a mixture of pork and beef[2] (cf. Hamburger, whose name also derives from a German-speaking city). In German speaking countries, except Austria, hot dog sausages are called Wiener or Wiener Würstchen (Würstchen means "little sausage"). In Swiss German, it is called Wienerli, while in Austria the terms Frankfurter or Frankfurter Würstel are used.

The city of Vienna traces the lineage of the hot dog to the Wienerwurst or Viennese sausage, the city of Frankfurt to the Frankfurter Wurst, which claims was invented in the 1480s and given to the people on the event of imperial coronations, starting with the coronation of Maximilian II, Holy Roman Emperor as King; the hot dog has also been attributed to Johann Georg Lahner, a 18th/19th century butcher from the Bavarian city of Coburg who is said to have invented the "dachshund" or "little-dog" sausage and brought it from Frankfurt to Vienna.[3]

Around 1870, on Coney Island, German immigrant Charles Feltman began selling sausages in rolls.[4][5][6]

Others have supposedly invented the hot dog. The idea of a hot dog on a bun is ascribed to the wife of a German named Antonoine Feuchtwanger, who sold hot dogs on the streets of St. Louis, Missouri, in 1880, because his customers kept taking the white gloves handed to them for eating without burning their hands.[7] Anton Ludwig Feuchtwanger, a Bavarian sausage seller, is said to have served sausages in rolls at the World's Fair–either the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago or the 1904 Louisiana Purchase Exposition in St Louis[8]–again allegedly because the white gloves he gave to customers so that they could eat his hot sausages in comfort began to disappear as souvenirs".[9]

Apparition
27th November 2010, 11:53 AM
I still think that China will likely be thew new superpower because of their massive population and because of the government's heavy investments in science and technology.

Germany definitely has a strong manufacturing and technology base but their country only has so many people, about 80-something million.

hoarder
27th November 2010, 03:06 PM
Israel is the world's superpower and so shall it remain. I figured Max was a Jew.

Book
27th November 2010, 09:20 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/80273432.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5489F5BEFD3E5DE5359 3E8F8635E86D9BCFC24BF437638ED400E30A760B0D811297

JERUSALEM, ISRAEL - German Chancellor Angela Merkel lays a wreath in memory of the 6 million Jews killed by the Nazis during World War Two as Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert stands behind in the Hall of Remembrances at the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial on March 17, 2008 in Jersulam, Israel. Merkel is on an official three-day visit to Israel.

:oo-->

Israel gets two more German submarines

(AFP) – Sep 29, 2009

JERUSALEM — Israel has taken delivery of two German submarines ordered four years ago, a military spokesman said on Tuesday.

"We have received two Dolphin-class submarines built in Germany," he said, on condition of anonymity.

The submarines, called U212s, can launch cruise missiles carrying nuclear warheads, although when it confirmed the sale in 2006 the German government said the two vessels were not equipped to carry nuclear weapons.

The subs were ordered in 2005 and delivery was initially expected in 2010.

Including the two new ones, Israel has five German submarines -- the most expensive weapon platforms in Israel's arsenal.