PDA

View Full Version : PBOC Researcher Calls on U.S. to Sell Gold Reserves

Twisted Titan
27th November 2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-25/pboc-researcher-calls-on-u-s-to-sell-gold-reserves-people-s-daily-says.html

The U.S. should cut its government spending and sell some gold reserves to balance its budget and fund its recovery, the People’s Daily overseas edition reported, citing Xia Bin, an adviser to the People’s Bank of China.

The U.S. has to resolve its “twin deficits” in the government budget and the current account, Xia was quoted as saying. Three ways that may help the U.S. achieve that target include reducing military expenses, selling part of its gold reserves and relaxing some export limits on technology, he said.

“The U.S. has more than 8,000 tons of gold reserves; why can’t it sell some of it since the country wants to raise funds for economic recovery but doesn’t want to add more burden to the fiscal deficit,” Xia told the newspaper. He didn’t mention whether China would be willing to purchase any gold from the U.S.

China ranks as the world’s largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasuries, with $883.5 billion as of Sept. 30, according to the U.S. Treasury Department. China should raise its gold holdings and its 1,054 tons of reserves are inadequate compared with the 8,133 tons held by the U.S. and 3,408 tons by Germany, Meng Qingfa, a researcher at the China Chamber of International Commerce said on Oct. 27.

The U.S. won’t be able to get to the bottom of the problem if the government keeps relying on printing money, Xia said.

“The financial market in the U.S. is not short of liquidity, and the money can’t get into the real economy,” he said. Expanding money supply may not be the answer in the U.S. as the high unemployment there is a structural, instead of a liquidity, issue, Xia said.

The Federal Reserve said Nov. 3 it will buy an additional $600 billion of Treasuries through June. Policy makers, setting a pace of about $75 billion of purchases a month, “will adjust the program as needed,” the Fed’s Open Market Committee said in a statement in Washington.

Twisted Titan
27th November 2010, 11:29 AM
The U.S. has more than 8,000 tons of gold reserves; why can’t it sell some of it since the country wants to raise funds for economic recovery but doesn’t want to add more burden to the fiscal deficit

Because the deficit is the real power.

The deficit is the control gubbermint holds over peoples lives.

Why would they want to reduce that??

I wont even touch on the 8000 tonnes in Gold Reserves.

Filthy Keynes
27th November 2010, 11:31 AM
"We're all Nazi's now!"

Gold is not neccesary. I have no interest in gold. We will build a solid state, without an ounce of gold behind it. Anyone who sells above the set prices, let him be marched off to a concentration camp. That's the bastion of money. ~ Adolf Hitler

gunDriller
27th November 2010, 12:27 PM
I wont even touch on the 8000 tonnes in Gold Reserves.[/b][/i]

articles on Bloomberg that cite the 8000 tons as if they were still there are helpful for keeping the myth going.

General of Darkness
27th November 2010, 12:33 PM
"We're all Nazi's now!"

Gold is not neccesary. I have no interest in gold. We will build a solid state, without an ounce of gold behind it. Anyone who sells above the set prices, let him be marched off to a concentration camp. That's the bastion of money. ~ Adolf Hitler

If we were Nazi's we wouldn't be in this damn mess. ;)

Filthy Keynes
27th November 2010, 12:50 PM
"We're all Nazi's now!"

Why is that?

Hitler was a Nazi and look what he said: "Anyone who sells above the set prices, let him be marched off to a concentration camp."

Hitler also said: "Gold in the hands of the public is an enemy of the state."

mick silver
27th November 2010, 01:01 PM
what gold i bet it was sold alone time ago

General of Darkness
27th November 2010, 01:52 PM
"We're all Nazi's now!"

Why is that?

Hitler was a Nazi and look what he said: "Anyone who sells above the set prices, let him be marched off to a concentration camp."

Hitler also said: "Gold in the hands of the public is an enemy of the state."

Who said he said that? Probably a jew.

FreeEnergy
27th November 2010, 02:46 PM
US government has no gold reserves

whatever it is in Fort Knox doesn't belong to US Government, it belongs to a private cartel "Federal" "Reserve" bank and its owners, commercial banks.

So US cannot possibly sell any gold reserves, it doesn't have any IMHO.