PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Auction Sniping Tools?

Cebu_4_2
27th November 2010, 06:52 PM
Getting tired of losing the last second of an auction. I'm usually pretty good but I have an itchy trigger finger and sometimes blow it by clicking too early (more than 5 seconds before the end) and if I try to cut it tighter I usually redlight. It's too late in either scenario to rebid.

Looking around they have lots of services that bid for you for a fee, been a while but I thought you just used some software prog.

What say thee?

Spectrism
27th November 2010, 06:59 PM
Not sure what you are talking about. You can put in your highest bid and it only increments the necessary amount to win the bid.

If an item is at $5 and I think it is worth $20 to me, I put in the amount plus shipping that gives me $20. Let's say they are charging $5 for shipping. I place a max bid of $15 and I try to place it in the last 20 seconds. If someone outbids that, they can have it.

So now the bid increments $.50 to $5.50 where I would be winner... but someone else also has a max bid higher... and then it goes back and forth to $10- their max bid. Now I am in the lead at $10.50. Time up.

I lose more than I win... not that I am super active.

Jazkal
27th November 2010, 07:04 PM
http://www.jbidwatcher.com/

I use it all the time. and it is free.

StackerKen
27th November 2010, 07:06 PM
here is another free one...I have used it many times in the past...works great..no downloads

http://www.vrane.com/snp.html

vacuum
27th November 2010, 07:11 PM
Don't know if I'd want to give my username and password to a 'free' site. I suppose you could easily change your password after using it.

I used bidnapper before, but only for a trial period.

Cebu_4_2
27th November 2010, 07:32 PM
Not sure what you are talking about. You can put in your highest bid and it only increments the necessary amount to win the bid.

If an item is at $5 and I think it is worth $20 to me, I put in the amount plus shipping that gives me $20. Let's say they are charging $5 for shipping. I place a max bid of $15 and I try to place it in the last 20 seconds. If someone outbids that, they can have it.

So now the bid increments $.50 to $5.50 where I would be winner... but someone else also has a max bid higher... and then it goes back and forth to $10- their max bid. Now I am in the lead at $10.50. Time up.

I lose more than I win... not that I am super active.

LOL, this is a guaranteed way to lose. Ok say the bid is at 5.00 and my max is 10 with ebay proxy bidding. So some guy comes in at 6.00 2 seconds before the time is up, he wins. Ebays proxy takes a few seconds to rebid and poof... I lose.

Will check the links posted, thanks for some direction.

Mad_Max
27th November 2010, 07:42 PM
I would keep to sniping...The tool is your brain. :)

Cebu_4_2
27th November 2010, 09:25 PM
I would keep to sniping...The tool is your brain. :)

Truly reminds me of when I would practice reaction times for drag racing on the computer, I was trigger happy then too.

midnight rambler
27th November 2010, 10:21 PM
I've nailed a lot of decent deals on Au and Ag using bidnapper.

Cebu_4_2
27th November 2010, 11:23 PM
I've nailed a lot of decent deals on Au and Ag using bidnapper.

Thank you kind sir I will look into this also, exactly what I am looking into.

Spectrism
28th November 2010, 08:41 AM
I wasted alot of time looking for gold & silver stuff on fleabay. You really have to get lucky to find an off hour when the hawks are not diving on the meat. Usually things get bid up pretty well.

Same thing happens at most auctions I have attended recently. Prices are far higher on good stuff than I would pay. I guess there are a few people who do not have confidence in their wonderful dollars.

midnight rambler
28th November 2010, 08:48 AM
I wasted alot of time looking for gold & silver stuff on fleabay. You really have to get lucky to find an off hour when the hawks are diving on the meat. Usually things get bid up pretty well.

Same thing happens at most auctions I have attended recently. Prices are far higher on good stuff than I would pay. I guess there are a few people who do not have confidence in their wonderful dollars.

I admit it's been a couple of years since I scoured ebay for PM deals.

StackerKen
28th November 2010, 08:59 AM
I wasted alot of time looking for gold & silver stuff on fleabay. You really have to get lucky to find an off hour when the hawks are diving on the meat. Usually things get bid up pretty well.

I admit it's been a couple of years since I scoured ebay for PM deals.

me too.
I have pretty much given up looking on ebay...Too hard to find a good deal these days

milehi
28th November 2010, 09:10 AM
I use auctionsniper with a lead time of three seconds. I've never lost an auction using this tool. Well I have, but the final bid went over what I was willing to spend.

V10Silver
28th November 2010, 10:15 AM
Getting tired of losing the last second of an auction. I'm usually pretty good but I have an itchy trigger finger and sometimes blow it by clicking too early (more than 5 seconds before the end) and if I try to cut it tighter I usually redlight. It's too late in either scenario to rebid.

Looking around they have lots of services that bid for you for a fee, been a while but I thought you just used some software prog.

What say thee?

http://www.bidnapper.com (http://Bidnapper Bidnapper Bidnapper ! Bidnapper Bidnapper Bidnapper ! http://www.bidnapper.com