PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy eyeglasses online ?

Down1
29th November 2010, 04:32 PM
Links please.
I know GIM 1 had a thread like this.
I will be in need soon.

sunshine05
29th November 2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.zennioptical.com/#/?gclid=CI3OguWnx6UCFYXu7QodjnPmgg

Really good prices here. Clark Howard recommends them. I haven't ordered from them, but I will at some point.

Glass
29th November 2010, 06:20 PM
If buying prescription glases you should check where they are getting the lenses ground. Some countries do a pretty shoddy job and you will get an approximate for your prescription. Thailand comes to mind as one source for lenses.

big country
29th November 2010, 06:21 PM
I think it is quite the racket that you need to have a prescription from a DR to buy prescription lenses, even if you know your prescription. Its not like glasses are addicting, harmful, have side effects with other drugs. Quite a lot of BS. Just went through this with my wife (I don't have glasses/contacts). It is a load if you ask me.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
15th June 2011, 11:54 AM
I want glasses with real Iolite lenses. Iolite is a semi-precious blue stone that was used by the vikings to see through the clouds. On a cloudy day, with iolite, you can see the sun even if it is behind clouds.

In our F'ed up modern world, "Iolite" is a color and not a stone. Searching for "Real Iolite Lenses" returns a bunch of hits with blue colored glass and nothing more.