PDA

View Full Version : Married 10 Years and Committed 12

SLV^GLD
30th November 2010, 10:08 AM
On this day 12 years ago I met my wife for the 1st time. It was love at first sight and although we discussed marriage within the 1st week we waited until 2 years later on the same day to actually tie the knot. I think we were together for over 3 years before we ever spent more than 24 hours away from one another. In the past month we have decided we are ready to tone down the crazy life and try to have a child. All of our friends our age are either settled with kids in grade school or permanently against children. We are still trying to figure out why most people even get married to begin with and why they jump into the kiddie pool so soon afterward.

On the day of our wedding my MIL informed us that she had been withholding the fact that Thursday, 11/30 (an odd day and time of year to wed) had been her wedding date to my wife's father (a shotgun wedding to get away from an abusive father). He died from cancer when my wife was 9 so I've never met or had to deal with him but my understanding of the situation is that is a really good thing. My MIL says she perceives our unenlightened choice of the date was a good omen. I would have to agree.

Dogman
30th November 2010, 10:15 AM
Go for 60 ++++++

And congratulations!

zap
30th November 2010, 10:27 AM
Congratulations to you and the Mrs. and good luck on the baby !

k-os
30th November 2010, 03:51 PM
Congratulations! Your love is an inspiration to those of us who have not yet had that. ;D

Good luck with the babe!

hoarder
30th November 2010, 04:16 PM
Go for 60 ++++++

And congratulations!
Sixty kids??? Poor wife!!! :o

Dogman
30th November 2010, 04:34 PM
Go for 60 ++++++

And congratulations!
Sixty kids??? Poor wife!!! :o

Years Marriage Dodo! ;D

Heimdhal
30th November 2010, 04:59 PM
Congratulations!

I too have been in love with the same woman for nearly a decade now.

And if my wife every finds out shes gonna be pisssssssed.

;D

ximmy
30th November 2010, 05:20 PM
Congrats SLV^GLD... you seem a good guy... although to seem is not always to be.. :D

SLV^GLD
30th November 2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks to everyone in this thread. It's silly but it means a lot to me that my online, virtual friends can offer congratulations for something so important to me. It behooves the intent of this subforum.

solid
30th November 2010, 07:34 PM
Congrats SLV^GLD... you seem a good guy... although to seem is not always to be.. :D

You are a guy, therefore guilty first! This is what the ximmy is saying. ;D

Congrats SLV, I enjoy hearing about good things, thanks for sharing.

bl96S5eu
30th November 2010, 07:49 PM
When I first saw the thread title I thought it read:
Married 10 Years and Committed in 12.

Good job and you're just getting rolling, enjoy everyday with her like it is your last.

We'll be at 20 this summer and I can say it just keeps getting better.

Shorty Harris
1st December 2010, 04:46 PM
Congrats SLV!!

Come next April will be 25 for Mrs Shorty and Myself.

skid
1st December 2010, 07:05 PM
Congrats SLV! Good luck with your kids (I mean that in a good way :D)

Mrs. skid and I have been together almost 24 years with 3 kids. It's been quite a ride!

Road Runner
2nd December 2010, 07:59 AM
34 yrs. in November for us. Going for 75, God willing, but we will be very, very old!!! :)
Blessings to you for your years of marriage & starting a family.

Tronn
6th December 2010, 09:19 PM
I think you'll be glad you did....children are a Blessing :)

sirgonzo420
7th December 2010, 02:42 PM
Congratulations, SLV^GLD!

I'll also take this time to come out and say that I LOVE my wife and have since I first laid eyes on her.

(and if she's reading this thread -> :P )

bellevuebully
7th December 2010, 03:23 PM
Very good slv^gld. A good woman is hard to find and a good couple is a ray of light.

Much like yourself, when I met my wife we had talked of marriage within 3 days, and were engaged in 6 weeks, married in 10 months. 2 kids and 17 years later, even though at times we have wanted to ring each others necks, our love and committment to each other is stronger than ever. Looking back over the years, we have no doubt that we were literally made for each other. You have an exciting journey ahead of yourselves. I wish you the very best. May God bless your journey.

Shorty Harris
7th December 2010, 04:36 PM
Kinda the same story here. My wife and I knew each other less then 2 weeks back in 1986, and as I said earlier, come April will be 25 yrs.