PDA

View Full Version : Mountain House out of #10 cans

osoab
7th December 2010, 06:18 AM
I saw this at another forum and went and checked.

Yep they are no #10 cans in stock.

http://www.mountainhouse.com/

I don't normally look at their site. Does this happen often?

Ash_Williams
7th December 2010, 12:17 PM
Does this happen often?

Same situation back when I ordered mine a few years ago. People were making a big deal of it. Mountain House was out but their resellers certainly were not. I ordered with no problem.

big country
7th December 2010, 07:21 PM
got this message from a site I'm registered with:

December 2, 2010
Dear Customer:
We regret to inform you Oregon Freeze Dry cannot satisfy all #10 can orders and meet our commitments to other market segments. Sales of #10 cans have continued to surge at a significant level. OFD is allocating as much of our Production Capacity as possible to this market segment, but it isn't nearly enough.
We're sure you've noticed your lead times have pushed further and further out, and it just isn't realistic to continue to do this. Therefore it has become necessary to go to an allocation program for our long-time, largest customers/distributors.
As one of those long-time, largest customers, an allocation amount of 90 cases per week has been reserved for xxxxxxxxx effective at once, with shipments beginning December 27, 2010.
Between now and December 27, 2010 we will be focusing on filling only current open orders. Then beginning December 27th, we will only be shipping to those dealers that have been given an allocation amount. Any order placed today through December 27th, will be placed in the allocation folder and shipments will not begin until December 27th and only in the amount of your weekly allocation amount. Your weekly allocation cannot be carried over to the following week. If we do not have an open order for your account, your allocation amount will be used elsewhere.
In addition I wanted to let you know what other decision we have made as a direct result of your inventory situation. 1) We have removed all cans from our own website and 2) we stopped accepting new dealer accounts. Both of these actions were done several weeks ago.
We expect this situation to be necessary for several months, although we cannot foresee the future so this isn't a guarantee. We will re-evaluate in January/February and let you know if we have an update.
Sincerely,
OFD, Inc.
Melanie Cornutt
Sales Mgr, Retail

incase you dont know, mountain house is a division of OFD. so the resellers are getting product but the company is limiting it and cant keep up

Dogman
7th December 2010, 07:25 PM
got this message from a site I'm registered with:

December 2, 2010
Dear Customer:
We regret to inform you Oregon Freeze Dry cannot satisfy all #10 can orders and meet our commitments to other market segments. Sales of #10 cans have continued to surge at a significant level. OFD is allocating as much of our Production Capacity as possible to this market segment, but it isn't nearly enough.
We're sure you've noticed your lead times have pushed further and further out, and it just isn't realistic to continue to do this. Therefore it has become necessary to go to an allocation program for our long-time, largest customers/distributors.
As one of those long-time, largest customers, an allocation amount of 90 cases per week has been reserved for xxxxxxxxx effective at once, with shipments beginning December 27, 2010.
Between now and December 27, 2010 we will be focusing on filling only current open orders. Then beginning December 27th, we will only be shipping to those dealers that have been given an allocation amount. Any order placed today through December 27th, will be placed in the allocation folder and shipments will not begin until December 27th and only in the amount of your weekly allocation amount. Your weekly allocation cannot be carried over to the following week. If we do not have an open order for your account, your allocation amount will be used elsewhere.
In addition I wanted to let you know what other decision we have made as a direct result of your inventory situation. 1) We have removed all cans from our own website and 2) we stopped accepting new dealer accounts. Both of these actions were done several weeks ago.
We expect this situation to be necessary for several months, although we cannot foresee the future so this isn't a guarantee. We will re-evaluate in January/February and let you know if we have an update.
Sincerely,
OFD, Inc.
Melanie Cornutt
Sales Mgr, Retail

incase you dont know, mountain house is a division of OFD. so the resellers are getting product but the company is limiting it and cant keep up

It means someone big is sucking the well dry.

Edit: Or more people are waking up and are swamping manufacturing
capacity.

Dogman
7th December 2010, 08:02 PM
Did you get yours dogman?

Ima after looking at things, I decided to do what I have been doing , and that is to buy locally, some stuff is offered in #10 cans, just like the regular stuff on the shelfs, Still working on meats, since I can not have chickens have looked for dehydrated whole eggs, or powdered, but no one has any, think the big egg mess a few months ago is to blame for that.

I am good for at least one year + now, just looking for stuff to vary the diet, Since I am x military can do with the dried eggs ok. Have a small canner so I could do my meat, but thinking of jerking or salt drying! This summer if the world does not fall off the edge by then. Biggest thing is to get away from refrigeration for my meat preps.

SilverMagnet
7th December 2010, 10:03 PM
It means someone big is sucking the well dry.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/u-s-military-prepares-for-economic-collapse/

“Anecdotal evidence indicates that the U.S. government has been the leading buyer of freeze dried foods for the last couple of years, and private emergency shelter contractors have reported a shortage in equipment and supplies for building personal-sized bunkers.”