PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana Christmas Tree Seized In Germany.

Ponce
10th December 2010, 08:09 PM
No wonder Santa goes around going HO HO HO all the time.....
================================================== ===

Marijuana Christmas Tree Seized In Germany .

First Posted: 12- 8-10 03:11 PM | Updated: 12- 8-10 03:52 PM

Perhaps they should call it a case of "Merry-Juana." A German man is now facing drug possession charges after local police discovered a six-foot-tall marijuana plant in his home that had been decorated with twinkling Christmas lights, the AFP is reporting.

"The marijuana plant had been put in a Christmas tree stand and decorated with a string of lights," officers said in a statement, according to the AFP. "When asked, the hashish fan told the perplexed officers that he had intended to add more decorations to the 'tree' and place the presents under it, according to tradition." Times Live reports that 150 grams of marijuana had been found in the man's home in Koblenz before the tree was discovered.

Turns out he wasn't the only German getting into the Christmas spirit with cannabis this year. On Tuesday, a 21-year-old Munich man was reportedly arrested after making an Advent calendar with marijuana hidden behind each door instead of chocolate. Claiming he had been given the calendar as a present, that suspect was ultimately released but now faces charges of possessing

SilverMagnet
10th December 2010, 09:23 PM
Once again. An individual in their own home. Minding their own business. With a beautiful sweet smelling tree that was homegrown and when cut down would be comsumed instead of thrown away like a garbage bag.

Ya, makes a lot of sense. ::)

TheNocturnalEgyptian
10th December 2010, 09:35 PM
You had the wrong kind of tree, therefore we break into your home and take you to jail for Christmas.

These insane laws need to end. They undermine respect for real laws.

Ponce
10th December 2010, 10:09 PM
Don't worry Magnet.......the cops will enjoy getting rid of the evidence by the time that they get in their cars.

Fortyone
11th December 2010, 02:31 AM
You had the wrong kind of tree, therefore we break into your home and take you to jail for Christmas.

The story is about Germany,Not the US.We have no right making opinion on their laws,unless you would like Global law,and Im not being cynical.

Neuro
11th December 2010, 03:12 AM

The story is about Germany,Not the US.We have no right making opinion on their laws,unless you would like Global law,and Im not being cynical.
Considering how these insane laws tend to be very similar in every country, we may very well be looking at global law.

freespirit
11th December 2010, 09:03 AM

i have to disagree with this, Fortyone... we have every right to our opinions...however, we don't have the right to interfere...

IMO, this seems like a victimless crime, and as such, should be tossed...

(i DO have the right to say this, don't i?? lol) ;D

TheNocturnalEgyptian
11th December 2010, 09:45 AM

Just looking at it from a German perspective. I have the same kind of sympathy for them as I do towards someone from over here. When I say, "Real Laws" I mean laws like "Harm Nobody" "Complete all contracts" etc. People lose respect for these basic laws because of crappy laws like the one above.

Ponce
11th December 2010, 10:27 AM
Heyyyyyyyyyyy they now want to tax the rainwater that falls in your house....what does that tells you about the laws here in the US?

Gaillo
11th December 2010, 03:20 PM
Heyyyyyyyyyyy they now want to tax the rainwater that falls in your house....what does that tells you about the laws here in the US?

That they're making too damn many of them!

osoab
11th December 2010, 06:32 PM
I have been trying to find a youtube of O Tannenbaum from the South Park Christmas.
I could only find this. The song starts @ 2:22.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb3dStKtBH4

I however found this German version of O Tannenbaum (http://www.bastardidentro.it/node/view/29578). ;D
I have to warn it is slightly graphic. Maybe smelly?

:ROFL:

Fortyone
12th December 2010, 03:21 AM

i have to disagree with this, Fortyone... we have every right to our opinions...however, we don't have the right to interfere...

IMO, this seems like a victimless crime, and as such, should be tossed...

(i DO have the right to say this, don't i?? lol) ;D

That was my intended reply, we dont have the right to interfere.

Fortyone
12th December 2010, 03:26 AM

Just looking at it from a German perspective. I have the same kind of sympathy for them as I do towards someone from over here. When I say, "Real Laws" I mean laws like "Harm Nobody" "Complete all contracts" etc. People lose respect for these basic laws because of crappy laws like the one above.

With respect, We cant look at it with a German point of view, as we arent Germans. Their culture is different.Germany is a stoic culture in general,dont judge the populations feelings on drugs by listening to a few Americanized German youths or intellectuals.They all in all have a very low opinion of drug use as a people.However the German's alcohol consumption is legendary.

gunDriller
12th December 2010, 07:27 AM
meanwhile, they just finished the Emerald Cup up in Mendocino. low turn-out this year, about 300 attendees. it doesn't say what strain won. last year it was something named "Cotton Candy Kush".

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20101211/articles/101219902&tc=yahoo

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=SR&Date=20101211&Category=ARTICLES&ArtNo=101219902&Ref=AR&MaxW=600&border=0