PDA

View Full Version : Obama's new tax on...Rainwater!?.

Ponce
11th December 2010, 09:08 AM
Frist they won't let you use it (three states) and then they will tax you on it........next? tax on the air that goes into you lungs because they have to clean it before it goes in.
================================================== =========

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Obama's new tax on...Rainwater!?.
Americans for Prosperity

Would President Obama's Environmental Protection Agency really force Americans to pay a tax on "rainwater runoff" from homes and small businesses?

You bet they would. In fact, the EPA, under radical environmentalist Lisa Jackson, is proposing regulations to do just that.

Take a look at the EPA's own Federal Register filing, where the EPA generally describes the initiative it's proposing:

...requirements, including design or performance standards, for stormwater discharges from, at minimum, newly developed and redeveloped sites. EPA intends to propose regulatory options that would revise the NPDES regulations and establish a comprehensive program to address stormwater discharges from newly developed and redeveloped sites and to take final action no later than November 2012. (Source)

This is bureaucratic-speak for having the EPA force cities and counties to limit stormwater runoff to levels the EPA deems acceptable. Limiting "rainwater runoff" will mean forcing homeowners and businesses to pay new taxes in order to rein in rainwater, and that's no pun intended.

Think about just how big-government this is. A Washington, D.C. bureaucracy plans on forcing your local county or city to slap new taxes on you and me because this big-government bureaucracy wants to micro-manage rainwater across the entire country. Already, several counties and cities across the United States are moving to pass new taxes and fees in anticipation of the new EPA rules, including cities in states as disparate as Florida, Ohio and Kansas. For more details CLICK HERE

But really, this new EPA outrage is part of the pattern of the Obama Administration. Cap-and-trade is bogged down for now in the Senate (though they'll try to bring it back this year), so the liberals try to use an un-elected bureaucracy to pass their radical agenda. First, they declared that greenhouse gases are a "threat" to the environment and to health, so they're pushing new regulations that will in effect pass cap-and-trade without Congress having to act. Now, they're pushing this new "rainwater runoff" tax

http://www.activistpost.com/2010/12/obamas-new-tax-onrainwater.html

Spectrism
11th December 2010, 09:17 AM
I wonder if they will also institute a sunlight tax and a cloud-cover tax. There could also be a cool breeze tax in the summer.

Ponce
11th December 2010, 10:30 AM
Had you told me fifteen years ago about what is going on at this time and about all the new laws I would had called you CRAZY......but now anything is possible.

Apparition
11th December 2010, 11:16 AM
Perhaps the statist control freaks are aware of the inevitable economic collapse and so they're trying to enact as many regulations as possible to deter or complicate self-reliance?

mick silver
11th December 2010, 11:29 AM
i wonder how they will feel when all home owners walk the f away . it a coming boys an girls

SLV^GLD
11th December 2010, 11:30 AM
Let me get this straight, they are proposing to tax the runoff by volume... right? In other words, one would avoid the tax by catching and retaining rain water. This would be encouraging self reliance and contradictory to those state policies which say you can't collect rainwater as it deprives the hive.

Twisted Titan
11th December 2010, 11:30 AM
We own everything

Even the water that fall out the sky and unfortunately lands on your roof.

I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the audaciousness of that statement

gunDriller
11th December 2010, 11:34 AM
http://apmex.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/chadloadingtins1.jpg

will be entertaining.

stock up on Great Value Carrot flavored popcorn.

there are laws prohibiting rainwater collection, where the rain is considered a public resource even if it falls on your land.

besides creating lots of lawsuits, like the Monsanto lawsuits against Percy Schmeizer because their GMO pollen blew onto his land - why can't he charge them for polluting his plants ?

"You Can't Have it Both Ways" ... but the Sovietized US government may try.

Dogman
11th December 2010, 11:41 AM
The ways things are evolving , local, state, and national, you can bet things will get worse.
They (All) have a level of comfort and status quo that they want to maintain. So do not be
surprised , if they get inventive in the ways they try to raise revenue.

It is called sucking the well dry to quince their thirst for wanting to keep the status quo.(and their jobs)

mick silver
11th December 2010, 11:49 AM
in the city i lift a few years back they all ready had a run off tax for rain water in the sewer bill ... just saying

Ponce
11th December 2010, 11:51 AM
They will keep on pushing until we say NO MORE, I don't blame them because anyone will do only that which you allowed them to do to you.........but first "We The People" have to wake up.

JohnQPublic
11th December 2010, 11:59 AM
THE BEATLES
"Taxman"
(Harrison)
[1,2,3,4

Hrmm!

1,2,3,4.]

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman!

Don't ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes

And you're working for no one but me
Taxman!

7th trump
11th December 2010, 12:00 PM
in the city i lift a few years back they all ready had a run off tax for rain water in the sewer bill ... just saying

Yep I've been paying it now for three years

Dogman
11th December 2010, 12:03 PM
THE BEATLES
"Taxman"
(Harrison)
[1,2,3,4

Hrmm!

1,2,3,4.]

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman!

Don't ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes

And you're working for no one but me
Taxman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maz9ddxEQnM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maz9ddxEQnM)

Now we can sing along!! :ROFL:

Ragnarok
11th December 2010, 12:07 PM
I'd like to see how they're going to prove that it actually rained on my house/property, and exactly how much. And if they're going to tax me by the gallon, they will have to provide accurate precipitation records specific to my property.

(Probably what the bastidges'll do is hide it somewhere in property taxes under an obscure heading)

R. >:(

freespirit
11th December 2010, 12:10 PM
a few years ago, the gov't in ontario (not sure about other provinces) started a program that asked for rural residents to volunteer to have meters placed in their wells for "a study"...there was a little confusion as to the reasons why, but it seemed pretty obvious they were gathering information to determine the feasibility of taxing rural residents on the water they take from their own wells...

my father was asked if he would volunteer for metering, and initially he thought this was a good idea, he often wondered what his consumption rate was like. He fortunately contacted me before agreeing to it, and i advised him not to. once they get the damn thing in your well, you'll never get rid of it. when i explained that they were most likely gathering info for future taxation on his consumption, he went white.

he is a very private person, and was not impressed with the thought of having them monitor him in any way, shape or form, or the prospect of basically volunteering for more taxation, and told them he was not interested in taking part in their study, and told all of his neighbors they should do the same...

In a small way, this was a blessing, because it helped open his eyes to the way things really are, and the sneaky underhanded methods the government likes to use in order to get people to willingly put their necks in the noose... a point i had tried to get across to him for a long time...

he has a rather elaborate rainwater collection system already, and it provides him with all the water needed for his gardening, etc... i'm sure he would be outraged if the gov't here were to try to tax him on the rain water collected...

but like many other policies in the US, they seem to have a trickle down effect here in canada, largely due to the "go along" policy of Obama's lap dog, stephen harper...

it will be interesting to see what happens with this rainwater tax...

mick silver
11th December 2010, 12:12 PM
it was a set price in are sewer bill ... the same ever month . that way they could fix the ditches around twon to handled the rain run off ... that way they could have more guys standing around doing not a f thing ... making around 20 bucks and hour working for the city it a f joke there

Light
11th December 2010, 12:28 PM
For a couple years now I've been been paying a small runoff-tax for the impervious surfaces on my property. It funds local drainage projects.

freespirit
11th December 2010, 12:37 PM
For a couple years now I've been been paying a small runoff-tax for the impervious surfaces on my property. It funds local drainage projects.

...how did they pay for drainage projects prior to this?

gunDriller
11th December 2010, 01:48 PM
it was a set price in are sewer bill ... the same ever month . that way they could fix the ditches around twon to handled the rain run off ... that way they could have more guys standing around doing not a f thing ... making around 20 bucks and hour working for the city it a f joke there

from having worked for a defense contractor, i know that many of those government employees take their jobs very seriously - even if it is a joke.

perhaps there is an inverse correlation - the bigger a joke a job is, the more seriously the government employees take it.

TSA & DHS being too examples.

kregener
11th December 2010, 02:00 PM
Wait for the Gravity Tax.

Things will really get hilarious then!

Ponce
11th December 2010, 02:11 PM

...how did they pay for drainage projects prior to this?

Free? before that there was no rain........

Serpo
11th December 2010, 04:48 PM
I f you look at it the land tax is just the same as a water tax or air tax or a tax on (not sure what but will tax you anyhow).