PDA

View Full Version : DPD will buy back guns Thursday

Cebu_4_2
14th December 2010, 11:46 AM
Has anyone heard about this in other areas? Wondering if it is a trend to unarm the poor.

DPD will buy back guns Thursday

The Detroit Police Department will pay cash on Thursday to people who turn in guns at its second "gun buyback" program of the year.

Police will accept unloaded weapons on a first-come, first-served basis from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Second Ebenezer Church, 14601 Dequindre. Nonworking guns are worth $25; working ones, $50. Police will pay $100 for assault weapons.

Advertisement

Up to two weapons can be turned in.

nunaem
14th December 2010, 12:08 PM
$50 gun = stolen.

I don't think these are the sorts of people we want owning guns.

chad
14th December 2010, 12:09 PM
assault weapons :oo-->

midnight rambler
14th December 2010, 12:10 PM
The question is: will DPD be returning any stolen property to the rightful owners?

ALL guns are potentially assault weapons.

joe_momma
14th December 2010, 12:13 PM
Used to be they scrapped those guns - now, with budgets tight, police often resell the guns on the open market (those that are "sellable" at least).

Wouldn't mind picking up a good condition 700 or Browning Hi-power (heck even a 1911 clone).

Wonder if the DPD will be kind enough to list the better condition pieces......

Awoke
14th December 2010, 12:31 PM
A spoon in an assault weapon, if I'm pissed off enough.

joe_momma
14th December 2010, 12:39 PM

Hmm - you'd put a spoon in an assault weapon (to disable it?) if you're pissed off enough.

Wow - I bow to your Kung-fu young grasshopper - bringing a spoon to a gunfight!

;D

(PS I wish I had a dollar for each time I made a spelling error in my posts - hahaha!)

mrnhtbr2232
14th December 2010, 12:41 PM
I saw someone with a spoon at WalMart...

Awoke
14th December 2010, 01:00 PM

Hmm - you'd put a spoon in an assault weapon (to disable it?) if you're pissed off enough.

Wow - I bow to your Kung-fu young grasshopper - bringing a spoon to a gunfight!

;D

(PS I wish I had a dollar for each time I made a spelling error in my posts - hahaha!)

Oopsie.

I meant A spoon is an assault weapon, if I'm pissed off enough.

Awoke
14th December 2010, 01:01 PM

They must be a terrist!!!

freespirit
14th December 2010, 01:11 PM

really?? that's definitely NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOUR!!!!

he should be reported to the authorities for suspicious behaviour, and sent off for psycological evaluation and re-education IMMEDIATELY!!!!

...and have the pigs invade his home without a warrant and have all his silverware confiscated!

...and while he's incarcerated, maybe have him castrated with a bread knife!
:ROFL: :sarc:

Awoke
14th December 2010, 01:13 PM
Haha, Freespirit. I see you have just about every topic for today covered. LOL

still afloat
14th December 2010, 01:24 PM
DPD I'll see your $50 and $100 and raise you $10
$60 for a working gun and $110 for a Assault rifle.

;D

k-os
14th December 2010, 02:30 PM
In Orlando every year, a radio station hosts a "Kicks for Guns" program where people bring in (presumably stolen) guns, and get a new pair of tennis shoes.

Supposedly, the guns are incinerated after collection, but I have my doubts.

Joe King
14th December 2010, 03:05 PM
Used to be they scrapped those guns - now, with budgets tight, police often resell the guns on the open market (those that are "sellable" at least).

Wouldn't mind picking up a good condition 700 or Browning Hi-power (heck even a 1911 clone).

I wonder how fast you'd get run off {or possibly arrested} if you were to stand out front of where they're buying these guns while carrying a sign that says "I'll give you $10 more than they will" ?

:D

AndreaGail
14th December 2010, 03:07 PM
Police will accept unloaded weapons on a first-come, first-served basis

:oo--> :D

k-os
14th December 2010, 03:09 PM

I wonder how fast you'd get run off {or possibly arrested} if you were to stand out front of where they're buying these guns while carrying a sign that says "I'll give you $10 more than they will" ?

:D

People were trying to do that just outside the Orlando "Kicks for Guns" events!

Fortyone
14th December 2010, 04:46 PM
Id go set up a table across the street and offer $25 more than the cops ;D

still afloat
14th December 2010, 09:13 PM
Id go set up a table across the street and offer $25 more than the cops ;D

Oh sure , I'll top your $25 by offering a silver eagle instead .
Oh wait , people that would sell their guns that cheap wouldn't know what a silver eagle was anyway so I better just offer a $25 Walmart gift card. I hear they are better than cash.

Ponce
14th December 2010, 09:55 PM
I like the part that says that only two guns per person will be taken in.......if you come in with more than two will they send you back home with them?

still afloat
14th December 2010, 11:16 PM
How do they decide which 2 to buy ?
Do they take the most expensive , the most likely to blow up in the shooters hand , the most dangerous looking . Do they choose by cal. ?
Does a 45 go before a .38 or a .223 before a .22 or just choose by which one the police chief needs in his personal collection?

basplaer
15th December 2010, 12:39 AM
They are sooooo not gonna buy back my G22 that's stamped with their own department armory name on it. Who knows how much longer Detroit will *have* a PD so it might be a collector's piece one day!

Awoke
15th December 2010, 05:00 AM
I wish some of these idiots would sell their guns to me for $50 fiats.

Spectrism
15th December 2010, 05:20 AM
Buy BACK? Did the cops sell these in the first place in order to buy them "BACK"?

You can get more guns by offering a free bag of chicken MigNugguts.

Awoke
15th December 2010, 05:47 AM
Well, technically speaking, they probalby came from the CIA, but Potato-Potahto.

DMac
15th December 2010, 06:32 AM
Well, technically speaking, they probalby came from the CIA, but Potato-Potahto.

And back to the gov shall the guns go. My guess where they are headed? Probably Africa (if not into the chief's collection..)

Ponce
15th December 2010, 12:50 PM
The Mexican Cartel would probably give you more than $50.00.