PDA

View Full Version : Its cold in Germany

Serpo
14th December 2010, 09:56 PM
Comments (121)
Add to My Stories

The myth of ruthlessly efficient Germany always battling the elements so much better than Britain has been smashed by a new cold weather front.

Not a single train ran without delays in the whole of the country.

In the state of North Rhine-Westphalia in the west there were some 700 accidents on the autobahns during 12 hours of snowfall. And even international airports like Dusseldorf had to shut down on Monday night as the snow blew in.

Rare sight: One of the few S-Bahn commuter trains operating in Germany makes its way over snowy railtracks in Berlin after after a huge weather front hit the country

Jack-knifed trucks littered the motorway network across the country.

Many fellow truckers trying to pull lorries free of snowdrifts found themselves suddenly trapped.

Rising temperatures at the weekend following by a plunging thermometer on Monday created black ice across the country. The S-Bahn network in Berlin that carries most commuters to work was severely delayed due to frozen points.

pictures
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338496/Snow-brings-Germany-near-standstill-theyre-coping-better-us.html

Book
14th December 2010, 10:00 PM
Where on earth do you get your info from?! No probs here. Kids get the bus to school, as per norm. Road are cleared within half an hour of snowfall. This is done either by our local teams with tractors or the Winterdienst. NO PROBLEMS IN GERMANY!

- Marian White, Freiensteinau-Weidenau Germany, 15/12/2010 05:11

Comment on that webpage

:dunno

JohnQPublic
14th December 2010, 10:56 PM
consider the source:

"dailymail.co.uk"

Look what they are saying:
"The myth of ruthlessly efficient Germany always battling the elements so much better than Britain..."

Just sore losers! ;D

I remember a story of a German who went to England after WWII (I heard him on the radio). He was on a bus in London during rush hour, around 9-10AM. He was talking to someone on the bus who mentioned how well the Germans had rebuilt compared to England at that time. His comment was -"In Germany rush hour is 6 AM".

Of course the Germany of today is not the Germany after WWII, but they still do pretty well.

Awoke
15th December 2010, 05:59 AM
I'll bet that 57 year old would be freezing his balls off, if.....

freespirit
15th December 2010, 09:49 AM
I'll bet that 57 year old would be freezing his balls of, if.....

:ROFL: