PDA

View Full Version : Heads up. I caught a *&% stomach bug

RJB
18th December 2010, 01:37 PM
My wife had it last week and it only lasted a few days.

Last night, I had some aches but figured that was from a deep tissue massage from the day before. Today I've been dry heaving and feel like a train wreck. The worst was when my daughters opened a well fermented jar of homemade kimchi (that was responsible for the bug, but the smell made me run to the bathroom lol.) Anyway, I'm starting to feel better. I'm making some chicken soup right now.

I'm not sure what it is but it has been going around a little in the south east US. I thought I'd just give you guys a heads up, worry a few hypochondriacs and of course shamelessly whine about my condition. ;D

beefsteak
19th December 2010, 12:01 AM
Get some probiotics in you, 1 hour before food with 8oz glass water, easiest protocol.
Swansons makes a good product. So do others.
Will help you get your gut bugs back into balance. Looking forward to your return to robust health, RJB!

beefsteak

Shami-Amourae
19th December 2010, 11:46 PM
Probiotics is definitely the answer. If you live near a health food store, check near the herbal medication for a refrigerated area, they should have live probiotic bacteria you can purchase. Drink plenty of water and eat small meals of bland things like rice, apple sauce, boiled potatoes, and so forth, (stay away from wheat and sugar.)

A quick solution might be mixing a tablespoon of baking soda (aluminum-free is best) with 3/4 a cup of water. Drink it down, and expect a lotta nasty burps...

You could always try out Apple Cider Vinegar too, make sure it's Braggs, or do it in capsules. I drink it straight since I'm a badass, but you could dilute a Tablespoon in 1 cup of water, and sweeten it up with some Raw Honey.