PDA

View Full Version : I try my hand at international diplomacy....8-)

V10Silver
19th December 2010, 02:33 PM
Ok something totally not the way I deal with things with a funny ending. We went to Okemo skiing today. Nice but crowded. At the summit there were some very loud foreigners discussing which way they wanted to get down. From that point their was only 1 way to go until you got further down the mountain. My wife and I start down and at the first split we took the black diamond trail, Stump Jumper. We cruise at a nice pace. All of a sudden we are surrounded by out of control skiers. Who picks up the rear of that pack but the loud group from the top. When I say out of control I mean menacing gorilla stance in a snowplow. One of them proceeds to clip me. NOW I'm pissed! I yell to My wife and we head off looking for this MORON. By the time we got to the lift they were already loaded and heading up.

Now while riding to the top I have time to cool off and think about what I wanted to do. Normally someone would feel the full wrath of me but I figured I would try something different.

When we got to the top this group of foreigners had made their way just a little away from the lift. The MORON that clipped me spotted me. I stuck my hand out and said Hi, I'm Ray.

He says Israel.

I say you're from Israel?

he says no Brooklyn USA I'm Israel And I'm sorry for hitting you.

I then proceed to calmly explain that he was out of control and maybe that trail was too difficult for you. Maybe you should go find a green or a Blue.

He says yes a green is preferable.

I point the way to the nearest green and wish him a Merry Christmas

So is it a bad thing to wish someone named Israel from Brooklyn NY Merry Christmas....Just askin?

FunnyMoney
19th December 2010, 02:44 PM
Not sure it really matters, diplomacy not really required with tourists from Brooklyn.

As far as "out of control" goes, that's how they drive there too, a bit out of control and thinking that foreign countries are just names is simply normal for them.

Ponce
19th December 2010, 03:24 PM
Even while in the infantry in Alaska for 2.5 years I never went beyond the kiddie site......all that we did was cross country with 65 lbs on our back.......at that time I weighted only 121 lbs.

General of Darkness
19th December 2010, 03:30 PM
You should have stabbed him in the dick and said, "That's from Palestine". ;D

V10Silver
19th December 2010, 03:34 PM
You should have stabbed him in the dick and said, "That's from Palestine". ;D

That was my first and normal instinct. But basically by pointing out he belonged on the kiddie slopes was calling him an asshole without actually saying it. He was too stupid or ignorant to pick up on that. So I added the insult of wishing a Hasidic Jew Merry Christmas. Trust me you guys were all standing with me as I confronted this dick.

Ponce
19th December 2010, 06:31 PM
Darn Silver, I just insulted myself by saying that I belong on the kiddie slope? hahahahaahahah that was funny.

V10Silver
19th December 2010, 06:55 PM
Darn Silver, I just insulted myself by saying that I belong on the kiddie slope? hahahahaahahah that was funny.

It's not an insult if you recognize it yourselfm only if someone points it out to you. Kind of like someone telling you, "You need training wheels" if your trying to ride a motorcycle and riding it poorly.