PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered some more solar panels.........by me.

Ponce
20th December 2010, 11:28 AM
Harbor Freight has a sale of 3 15W = 45W solar panels for $199.00, I just orderd 2 of them for a total of 90W solar power......this is as a back up for my single 120W single solar power already on my roof, also ordered another 750W inverter and a power controller (total price of $497.00) including shipping, shipping weight of 46 lbs per pannels........already have two 12V deep cycle batt but will be buying 2 more.

I think that all of you should get something like this as a back up, you can always put it in your vehicle if you have to take off...........the one that I already have is for my emergency lights, visual and sound alarms...the new one for in house use, in case I run out of gas for my generators, also have a bunch of solar charged LED's to put around inside the house......about five mantle lamps and seven lamps with 55 gallons of white kerosine and 150 candles.........I think that I am ready now hahahahahahaha.......all that I have to do is to think about the conditions in Cuba and get ready accordingly.

Won't even go into flaslight and so on but do have to buy at least two of those lights that will go on by themselves when the power goes out.........it will happen here a lot as power allocation will be given at different times and places.

I am writing this so that you can have an idea s to how to get ready as I have.

Book
20th December 2010, 11:34 AM
....the one that I already have is for my emergency lights, visual and sound alarms...the new one for in house use, in case I run out of gas for my generators, also have a bunch of solar charged LED's to put around inside the house......about five mantle lamps and seven lamps with 55 gallons of white kerosine and 150 candles.........I think that I am ready now

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_24FFNbjZ2lw/THu0xS7XL1I/AAAAAAAAAIA/8SzfTRligcE/s1600/5009291.jpg

Can you make it any easier for the zombies to find your house wtshtf Ponce?

:D

Ponce
20th December 2010, 11:41 AM
Book?......they will have to bypass all my alarms and booby traps and other "goodies" before they can get to me and if I go I will then also have a few more slaves for my after life in Valhalla........I can only hope that one of them can cook Cuban food ahahahahahahahahah.

undgrd
20th December 2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the heads up Ponce.

In addition...I just confirmed all of these codes are active and work...the screwdriver set is on back order.

Harbor Freight Tools: 10% Off One Item for New Customers Plus Get Free Shipping on Orders over $150Online Only Coupon Code: NEW11
FREE Flashlight with any purchase over $19.99. Add SKU #65020 to Cart, then enter LIGHT coupon code.
FREE Screw Driver Set with any purchase over $19.99. Add SKU #47770 to Cart, then enter DRIVER coupon code.
FREE Tape Measure with any purchase over $19.99. Add SKU #47737 to Cart, then enter TAPE coupon code.

Ponce
20th December 2010, 11:52 AM
Darnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn you just spoiled my day, I missed all those promotions, could had save about $60.00 :boohoo :boohoo :boohoo

undgrd
20th December 2010, 11:53 AM
Call 'em up to see if you can edit your order.

hoarder
20th December 2010, 12:08 PM
Why buy cheap Harbor Freight panels? You'll be replacing them before long. Harbor Freight is the cheeziest chinese trash you can buy.

Ponce
20th December 2010, 01:23 PM
UNDGRD?.........I call them about it and they would not give me the free shipping because they are an overweight items......now then......a overweight item is anything over 50 lbs and the solar panel weight only 47 lbs.......so that they are full of crap......I canceled the order and will buy it in person at the big town next time that I go there.........thanks for your help.

MNeagle
20th December 2010, 02:02 PM
The packaging on it probably bumps it over 50 lbs. Ponce.

Ponce
20th December 2010, 02:04 PM
MNeagle.......to 49.6 lbs..........already check on it.........I am crazy, not stupid hahahahahahahah.

ShortJohnSilver
20th December 2010, 05:03 PM
Just a note, the larger panels are much cheaper by the watt.

See http://www.wholesalesolar.com/solar-panels.html - you can get 135W for $368 or so - less wiring and they are guaranteed for up to 25 years.

Ponce
20th December 2010, 05:16 PM
Silver? the only thing is that I like the ones from Harbor Freight because the 45w goes into 3 pieces to be able to take them where I want them........thanks for the link, I think that I'll call them tomorrow anyway.

Down1
20th December 2010, 05:27 PM
Nice thread.
I like all the "Solar" threads since I am very weak in knowledge about this.

Just a note, the larger panels are much cheaper by the watt.

See http://www.wholesalesolar.com/solar-panels.html - you can get 135W for $368 or so - less wiring and they are guaranteed for up to 25 years.

Good link.
Bookmarked.

undgrd
20th December 2010, 06:27 PM
I know nothing about solar and this seems like a nice starter kit. If/When it breaks, I won't be too heart broken but will have the confidence and experience to move up to something more useful.

osoab
30th December 2010, 02:03 PM
Just got a flyer from Harbor Freight

There is a coupon for 20% off any single item and the 45 watt solar panel package is @ $160. The flyer isn't up on there site, but the sale is going on till March 1st. Sounds kind of weird. There is also a quazi-cheap green house for $250.

Serpo
30th December 2010, 02:14 PM
I know nothing about solar and this seems like a nice starter kit. If/When it breaks, I won't be too heart broken but will have the confidence and experience to move up to something more useful.

http://us.sunpowercorp.com/

vacuum
30th December 2010, 07:30 PM
Aren't there federal tax credits for solar energy?

edit: If you get a solar system that provides at least one half of your power, there's a 30% tax credit.