PDA

View Full Version : Same numbers all the time in silver..........

Ponce
23rd December 2010, 10:51 PM
For the past 48 hours I have been observing the silver price at the top and eight time it hit the number of $29.29.........really weird but interesting never the less.

Serpo
23rd December 2010, 11:15 PM
OZ dollar worth more than US dollar now

JohnQPublic
23rd December 2010, 11:22 PM
It's holiday times. Bankers can play a little, but not everyone is paying attention. I am thinking next week or after the New Year things will heat up again.

cthulu
24th December 2010, 03:48 AM
That's cuz markets are closed. Stop hitting refresh so much. It won't change until monday.

Silver Shield
24th December 2010, 08:53 AM
Not that I am some big chart guy but silver is either going to rocket or dump very soon.

Ponce
24th December 2010, 09:50 AM
cthulu?........I wrote that YESTERDAY and not today, I know that the market is closed today.

Serpo
24th December 2010, 12:38 PM
Not that I am some big chart guy but silver is either going to rocket or dump very soon.

This is an email I got

Gold, Silver to Spike Next Week
By Greg McCoach | Friday, December 24th, 2010

Gold and silver prices have remained volatile in both directions since October.

But indications from the COMEX show suggest we may see a spike in these precious metals prices next week...

As prices moved higher over the past two weeks, strong bouts of profit taking have hit the gold and silver markets in each instance, stalling the next attempt to hit another new high.
World Gold and dec 2010 gold coin small
Silver Demand

* World investment demand for gold has increased 250% in the past ten years.
* Investment demand for silver has skyrocketed 522% since 2007.
* Sales of official gold coins (like the American Gold Eagle) have increased 618% since 2007.
* World governments are hoarding silver; official sales have plummeted 83% in the past three years.
* Gold demand for ETFs has increased 20,470% since 2002.
* Above-ground silver supplies dropped 86% last year.
* Industrial demand for silver has increased over the past decade, despite a 236% increase in prices.

On the downside action over the past two weeks, strong buying support has come in as precious metals prices looked like they were going to sell off — thus our current holding pattern in gold and silver prices.

This will change to the upside within the next two weeks as major buying of physical metal will need to take place in order to meet contractual obligations on the COMEX before December 31, 2010.

Contracts for gold and silver December futures that demand physical metal must be met by then.

But there appears to be a significant shortfall in the actual physical metal required to meet these demands — especially in silver...

If these contractual obligations are not met by the 12/31/10 deadline, then we could see a default scenario, which would drive the metals prices even higher and cause great instability for other markets as well.

This potential default is due to the fact that JP Morgan Chase, the largest fractional stock holder of the Federal Reserve, has been wildly shorting silver and is now caught between a rock and a hard place.

Word on the street is that JP Morgan Chase has opted to go massively long copper in an attempt to hedge their losses in silver, which could be enormous.

This is setting us up for major fireworks in the metals markets as we come down to the wire at year-end.

Plastic
24th December 2010, 12:47 PM
@Silver Shield

Rick is warning of an imbalanced market in silver that has tremendous tightness and much more upside. As predicted, the rise in price has done little to alleviate the tightness in the silver market. I would note that sentiment on gold is suggestive of a significant move higher in that market as well.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2010/12/23_Rick_Rule_-_Physical_Supply_Shortages_in_Silver_to_Continue.h tml

Along with this new bears vid.

JPM insider has told one of the bears that there is no commercial silver left, “it’s all smoke and mirrors, and the CFTC can do nothing about it other than pray.” Other topical items explained: silver backwardation, that there are two commissioners at the CFTC on the JP Morgue’s payroll, the BIS’ fractional gold system and the usage of side pockets for sovereign gold, and pretty much everything that ties the loose odds and ends in the PM manipulation story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPg4qTNTP-E&feature=player_embedded

It is looking like things are about to implode.

Ponce
24th December 2010, 12:51 PM
As a holder of physical silver for the past 28 years all that I can tell you is to buy and keep.....I know that many here are not working or helping our your kids so that you have to sell some of it, if not all, try to keep as much of it as you can and you will be rewarded............at least what you need to come and visit me at my "Silver Island" hahahahahahahah.

Serpo
24th December 2010, 01:30 PM
The bears ,the bears ,the bears are back..........

Plastic
24th December 2010, 01:41 PM
they're working on a part 3 now as well Serpo.

Serpo
24th December 2010, 01:49 PM
They are so funny ......

And are the Indians really that stupid..............

Plastic
24th December 2010, 01:51 PM
I would'nt go with funny, but at least the info is good and the cartoonishness will grab the typical American's limited attention span better than a human would.

cthulu
24th December 2010, 02:02 PM
cthulu?........I wrote that YESTERDAY and not today, I know that the market is closed today.

It was a joke. I should add a sarcasm tag, but it's not as funny to me when I do. Just ignore me.

Eyebone
24th December 2010, 02:54 PM
Well The Bears are funny, the creator could have used less comedic creatures.

Also he uses a, lets say not expensive text to speech engine for their voices which cannot pronounce certain, can I say "eccentricities" of English.

For example the E in Bernake.

All together it is informative and a delight.

mamboni
24th December 2010, 04:29 PM
Silver American Eagles consistently selling for $34-35 on Ebay. ;D ;D ;D

FunnyMoney
24th December 2010, 04:45 PM

Consider that a bargain, especially if you can buy them without having to give your name.

The price of silver should already be in the 3-digits based on where the cost of liquid fuels and supply/demand fundamentals are headed.

Industry is on track to consume one-billion ounces of silver per year sometime this decade. But the mining of silver is, in geological terms, on a fast track toward one-tenth of that. A spill over into nickel and other substitute metals will emerge this decade, but nothing takes the place of silver completely. The price must go up and go up a whole lot in order to create demand destruction. The laws of supply and demand can only be held at bay for so long. This will be the decade of silver.

Ponce
24th December 2010, 05:10 PM

Whe I think that the average for my silver is of onlhy $5.16 I feel either sorry or sick for you guys.........

woodman
24th December 2010, 07:25 PM

Whe I think that the average for my silver is of onlhy $5.16 I feel either sorry or sick for you guys.........

A new buyer today will be able to brag the same in 3 years to those who are buying at $90-95 on Ebay.

Ponce
24th December 2010, 08:00 PM
Not "bragging" only a stateman of facts.......but, you know heheheheeheehehheh :oo-->

Silver Shield
24th December 2010, 08:21 PM
@Silver Shield

Rick is warning of an imbalanced market in silver that has tremendous tightness and much more upside. As predicted, the rise in price has done little to alleviate the tightness in the silver market. I would note that sentiment on gold is suggestive of a significant move higher in that market as well.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2010/12/23_Rick_Rule_-_Physical_Supply_Shortages_in_Silver_to_Continue.h tml

Along with this new bears vid.

JPM insider has told one of the bears that there is no commercial silver left, “it’s all smoke and mirrors, and the CFTC can do nothing about it other than pray.” Other topical items explained: silver backwardation, that there are two commissioners at the CFTC on the JP Morgue’s payroll, the BIS’ fractional gold system and the usage of side pockets for sovereign gold, and pretty much everything that ties the loose odds and ends in the PM manipulation story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPg4qTNTP-E&feature=player_embedded

It is looking like things are about to implode.

Oh I have no doubts about the long term and even medium term future of silver...

But I have put nothing past these fuckers since I went all in in 2005. (Did anyone predict 2008? That sucked!)

Throughout it all NOTHING makes you sleep better at night than physical.

No matter how confident you are about silver...

Don't use margin...

Don't buy SLV...

Don't have it stored...

You either have physical...

Or nothing at all.

$50 by March...

Awoke
24th December 2010, 10:59 PM
That's cuz markets are closed. Stop hitting refresh so much. It won't change until monday.

Actually, Sunday evening at 8pm, Eastern Standard time.

Serpo
25th December 2010, 04:01 AM

Gee thanks for the sympathy ,I feel better already.......

Twisted Titan
25th December 2010, 06:05 AM
As long as you can trade worthless paper for solid silver

It will always be the deal of a lifetime IMO cause we have always spent more money on something that wouldnt even give us one tenth the return

Spectrism
28th December 2010, 01:05 PM
Backwardation is when you have a 50% chance of getting it right but you put your swimsuit on by putting your left foot where your right foot should go, pull it up, and hope nobody notices when its wrong.

http://auntiefashion.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/elle-macpherson.jpg

mick silver
28th December 2010, 06:37 PM
what can i say ............... but real nice set