PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 13, Busted For Illegal Marker Possession

Serpo
23rd December 2010, 10:54 PM
Boy, 13, Busted For Illegal Marker Possession
Oklahoma math teacher in citizen's arrest of student

DECEMBER 22--A 13-year-old boy was arrested Friday for using a permanent marker while in class at his Oklahoma City middle school, a violation of an obscure city ordinance.

According to an Oklahoma City Police Department report, the boy was spotted “in possession of a permanent marker” by Roosevelt Middle School teacher DeLynn Woodside. The 50-year-old educator told cop Miguel Campos that the student was “writing on a piece of paper, which caused it to bleed over onto the desk.”

Woodside, pictured at right, reported that the child, whose name was redacted by police from the report, attempted to hide the marker when she asked him for it. Strangely, Woodside’s Facebook page reveals that her “likes and interests” include the official “Sharpie Permanent Markers” page on Facebook.

Campos reported that he allowed Woodside, a seventh grade math teacher, to “sign a citation” against the boy, who was then transported to the Community Intervention Center, a juvenile holding facility. A police sergeant subsequently “booked the marker into the property room.”

A police spokesman referred to the student’s bust as a “citizen’s arrest” effectuated by Woodside.

The marker ban--which apparently is aimed at curbing graffiti--stems from a city ordinance making it illegal to possess spray paint or a permanent marker on private property (without the owner’s permission). http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/boy-13-busted-illegal-marker-possession

7th trump
24th December 2010, 03:12 AM
She looks like a trophy role model school teacher.
What a disgrace.............

And to think she most likely beleives shes done something for the community now that the marker bandit has been caught.
Thats a fuck tard if I ever seen one.

Shami-Amourae
24th December 2010, 03:40 AM
Does this mean the law officer who used a black marker on these documents will also be arrested?
http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/750x970/documents/1sharpiearrest.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/teg/tsg/release/sites/default/files/imagecache/750x970/documents/2sharpiearrest.jpg

Serpo
24th December 2010, 05:05 AM
These criminals need to be cleaned up early as we all know that black marker pen users is just the first step on the road to crime.

Ironical isnt it,the cop used one on the report

gunny highway
24th December 2010, 07:02 AM
These criminals need to be cleaned up early as we all know that black marker pen users is just the first step on the road to crime.

Sharpies are the gateway marker. everyone knows that. ;D

BrewTech
24th December 2010, 07:14 AM

Our society has become a ridiculous, very sad parody of its former self.

RIP America.

Twisted Titan
24th December 2010, 07:47 AM
Those who worship the law will eventually be crushed by it

T

Hatha Sunahara
24th December 2010, 08:31 AM
We're all gonna get busted for something sooner or later. We have a totalitarian police state. The cops love it because it puts them front and center, and appeals to their authoritarian nature.

Hatha

Bullion_Bob
24th December 2010, 09:49 AM
Any bets this school is riddled with graffiti and marker tagging?

I'd put some down on it.

Heimdhal
24th December 2010, 11:20 AM
Am I really gonna be the first to say it?

When markers are outlawed......

;D

skid
26th December 2010, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure what the answer is, but it pisses me off to see graffiti all over the place. Perhaps the kids that do get caught should get the book thrown at them after an initial warning of stiff penalties is put out.

Mouse
26th December 2010, 10:31 PM
When I was a kid and got caught tagging the workbenches in art class my punishment was detention and several sheets of sandpaper to occupy my time.

I don't think they arrested me. Nope. And after sanding out all the workbenches, I decided not to do any more of that.