PDA

View Full Version : Does Religion Have to Involve "God" or Are Fellowship & Truth Enough ?

gunDriller
27th December 2010, 08:57 AM
i notice that both Christianity & Islam have a similar mindset -

* moral code, a la 10 Commandments

* belief that if you accept XYZ as your Savior, you will go to Heaven

in my case, i do believe in God, but i don't believe that "God loves us" - i can't read God's mind.

i don't believe in Heaven or not Heaven. i expect i will find out when the time comes, but that i won't be able to come back and report.

i do believe in Good Works.

in some ways, my beliefs are similar to those of some Jews (Heaven Forbid) - many of whom believe in God, yet who typically don't believe in Heaven.

would it be possible to have a church where people gather for Fellowship, to tell the truth about the events of our times, and to help each other prepare for the future, along with Good Works ?

maybe a Church dedicated to preventing another "Gentile Shoah" ?

i think it is accurate to refer to 9-11 as a "Gentile Shoah", since Gentiles were sacrificed in furtherance of Zionist dreams of world domination.

Santa
30th December 2010, 01:16 PM
would it be possible to have a church where people gather for Fellowship, to tell the truth about the events of our times, and to help each other prepare for the future, along with Good Works ?

Sure. They're called Masonic Temples and they're scattered all over the world. ;D

bellevuebully
30th December 2010, 08:04 PM
Good questions gundriller. Obviously, from a Christian viewpoint, my answer would be a definitive no.

But I would encourage you to look at how accurately the scriptures depict the nature of man, and how descriptively it paints a picture of us and to re-evaluate if God communicates with us.

There is no way that we could be that honest with ourselves.