PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate SHTF barter good?

Twisted Titan
29th December 2010, 08:17 PM
The ultimate SHTF barter good?
Dry Snuff, the ultimate SHTF barter item?

Twenty percent of the population uses some form of tobacco. Ever see a smoker who cannot get a nicotine fix? Makes a zombie movie seem tame by comparison. The thing that tobacco users crave is nicotine. Nicotine is poisonous in large doses, but acts as a stimulant, a calmative, an appetite suppressant, and sharpens mental focus in small doses. Nicotine is powerfully addictive because it “rewires” certain areas of the brain until they need nicotine to function. Nicotine is easily absorbed by the human body in several ways, through the skin as with nicotine patches, through the tissue of the mouth and nose as with snuff and chewing tobacco, and through the lungs as with smoking. When the SHTF and tobacco is unavailable or too expensive, what do think those nicotine zombies will pay for a fix? Hint, a lot.

Dry snuff has to be handled with care and common sense, but it will be far more valuable than gold after the SHTF. If you use tobacco or know someone who does, dry snuff will satisfy the nicotine cravings for pennies a day. Compare that to paying 5 bucks per day for a pack of cigarettes. Smoking is a very inefficient and costly way to get nicotine, as the high temperatures destroy most of the nicotine before you inhale it, not to mention polluting your lungs with the smoke. Our wise, trustworthy, and financially astute government would prefer you to smoke as many highly taxed cigarettes as possible. Now you have a cheaper alternative.

So what the hell is dry snuff?

Dry snuff is very finely powdered dry tobacco in a small can. It resembles very fine brown dust and comes in a can that holds about an ounce. Some folks call it nasal snuff as it is usually sniffed up the nose. A lot of stores do not sell it and it may take a bit of looking around to find it. Try a smoke shop near a college or in a larger city. Snuff can be bought online but the shipping is expensive and cuts into your profit.

How to use dry snuff

When you get a craving for a nicotine fix, sniff a little snuff. Most dry snuff users take a pinch between thumb and forefinger and sniff it. The nicotine hits the system almost instantly. If you need a stronger nicotine rush, scoop up a tiny pile of snuff on a penknife blade and place it on the back of your tongue. You will get a strong tobacco “bite” along with a killer nicotine rush. I also lick my fingertip, dip it into the snuff can and transfer the snuff to my tongue. Snuff comes in different flavors and you can experiment. Dry snuff is concentrated and you only need a tiny amount. The nicotine will hit your system quickly.

Hard core smokers MAY need more nicotine. Work up to higher doses gradually. If you are a moron and eat a huge dose, you will feel sick and may die. This will improve the gene pool.

A one-ounce can of dry snuff will keep a smoker medicated and fairly sane for about a week. Given that a can of snuff costs about 5 dollars now, imagine the trading potential.

You may have to give out a few free hits to nicotine addicts, as no one will believe that little can of snuff will replace cigarettes. Once the word gets out you will have all the business you can handle. Never deal with any addict without a weapon handy.

I DO NOT recommend selling or bartering snuff until after the SHTF due to our FUBAR legal system. Use the stuff now to save money on your own tobacco habit, or share with trusted friends. Stock up now on snuff and wait until this corrupt, tyrannical, failure coddling system crashes. Snuff is currently legal and keeps almost forever. A canning jar with oxygen absorbers should work for long term storage, but I have not tried this yet.

Thank you for reading

crazychicken
29th December 2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks TT

Very interesting--VERY!

CC

The ultimate SHTF barter good?
Dry Snuff, the ultimate SHTF barter item?

Twenty percent of the population uses some form of tobacco. Ever see a smoker who cannot get a nicotine fix? Makes a zombie movie seem tame by comparison. The thing that tobacco users crave is nicotine. Nicotine is poisonous in large doses, but acts as a stimulant, a calmative, an appetite suppressant, and sharpens mental focus in small doses. Nicotine is powerfully addictive because it “rewires” certain areas of the brain until they need nicotine to function. Nicotine is easily absorbed by the human body in several ways, through the skin as with nicotine patches, through the tissue of the mouth and nose as with snuff and chewing tobacco, and through the lungs as with smoking. When the SHTF and tobacco is unavailable or too expensive, what do think those nicotine zombies will pay for a fix? Hint, a lot.

Dry snuff has to be handled with care and common sense, but it will be far more valuable than gold after the SHTF. If you use tobacco or know someone who does, dry snuff will satisfy the nicotine cravings for pennies a day. Compare that to paying 5 bucks per day for a pack of cigarettes. Smoking is a very inefficient and costly way to get nicotine, as the high temperatures destroy most of the nicotine before you inhale it, not to mention polluting your lungs with the smoke. Our wise, trustworthy, and financially astute government would prefer you to smoke as many highly taxed cigarettes as possible. Now you have a cheaper alternative.

So what the hell is dry snuff?

Dry snuff is very finely powdered dry tobacco in a small can. It resembles very fine brown dust and comes in a can that holds about an ounce. Some folks call it nasal snuff as it is usually sniffed up the nose. A lot of stores do not sell it and it may take a bit of looking around to find it. Try a smoke shop near a college or in a larger city. Snuff can be bought online but the shipping is expensive and cuts into your profit.

How to use dry snuff

When you get a craving for a nicotine fix, sniff a little snuff. Most dry snuff users take a pinch between thumb and forefinger and sniff it. The nicotine hits the system almost instantly. If you need a stronger nicotine rush, scoop up a tiny pile of snuff on a penknife blade and place it on the back of your tongue. You will get a strong tobacco “bite” along with a killer nicotine rush. I also lick my fingertip, dip it into the snuff can and transfer the snuff to my tongue. Snuff comes in different flavors and you can experiment. Dry snuff is concentrated and you only need a tiny amount. The nicotine will hit your system quickly.

Hard core smokers MAY need more nicotine. Work up to higher doses gradually. If you are a moron and eat a huge dose, you will feel sick and may die. This will improve the gene pool.

A one-ounce can of dry snuff will keep a smoker medicated and fairly sane for about a week. Given that a can of snuff costs about 5 dollars now, imagine the trading potential.

You may have to give out a few free hits to nicotine addicts, as no one will believe that little can of snuff will replace cigarettes. Once the word gets out you will have all the business you can handle. Never deal with any addict without a weapon handy.

I DO NOT recommend selling or bartering snuff until after the SHTF due to our FUBAR legal system. Use the stuff now to save money on your own tobacco habit, or share with trusted friends. Stock up now on snuff and wait until this corrupt, tyrannical, failure coddling system crashes. Snuff is currently legal and keeps almost forever. A canning jar with oxygen absorbers should work for long term storage, but I have not tried this yet.

Thank you for reading

Ponce
29th December 2010, 08:37 PM
Give your wife a choice between that stuff and TP hahahaahahahah, you can trade that stuff for somethings but TP for everything..........not many smoke but all uses tp........I sure as hell hope so hahahahahaha.

Twisted Titan
29th December 2010, 08:44 PM
I never knew that snuff had so many postive attributes in terms of a comfort item.

Its alot easier to stock up and maintain rather than Packs of smokes that you have fear will go stale depending on how stored and how many 0xygen absorbers you used.

T

Ponce
29th December 2010, 08:55 PM
They forgot to mention the cancer of the mouth and the holes inside of your nose that that stuff will give you.

muffin
29th December 2010, 09:18 PM
Tobacco will definitely be a high value item. I keep a bunch of tobacco and tubes and have a quality stuffing machine. The only problem will be keeping out of my own stash :)

It's pretty much to keep me from becoming a zombie. Which reminds me I really need to try to quit again - new years coming once more.

Rule number one is tough when you are coughing up a lung

Mouse
29th December 2010, 09:20 PM
Opps I posted under my sock Muffin. Sorry sweetie. She don't smoke, she is too high quality - it's me that's the bad one.

Cobalt
29th December 2010, 09:22 PM
A smoker most likely won't get complete satisfaction from any other form of tobacco use but it does help a little, just ask any smoker who has had to take a job where smoking is prohibited and has picked up a can of chew as a substitute, they will still crave smoking and immediately reach for a cigarette at the first chance.

If you are a smoker and want to stash some away or are thinking about it from a barter form then I suggest you look at getting sealed bags of rolling tobacco.

Smoking tobacco kept in a sealed container will hardly ever truly go bad, it will dry out but can be easily reconstituted simply by adding a few drops of water to the container.

I stuff my own cigarettes because I live in a state that finds it very easy to just keep upping the taxes on tobacco products under the guise of "Sin Tax", every time they want more money they just add more taxes to the tobacco users because we are the minority and many people look down on smokers so they could care less if we get taxed more.

The laws have changed recently regarding standard rolling tobacco and is now illegal to ship through the mail system including UPS, and Fedex but I found ways around that and the state gets zero taxes from me for my sin :oo-->

Ponce
29th December 2010, 09:40 PM
The best way to get rid of a problem is to get rid of the problem.........stopped smoking 35 years ago and never felt better.........why worry about something when you have a choice not to worry about it?..........hey Doc, do you get it?

The only worries that you have to worry about are those that you carry in your backpack.

Some of you get what I am saying and some of you don't.......it depends as to how open your mind is.