PDA

View Full Version : Sick as a dog, help

Son-of-Liberty
31st December 2010, 03:03 PM
Been sick for about a week now. Don't know if it is the flu or something else. Started out with a mild sore throat and cough. About 4 days in though got cold and started running a fever overnight. After that though it seemed to get better. I went to work (i work outside construction) did a light workout, one day and was feeling pretty good. I went to bed last night feeling not bad but about a hour after I went to sleep I woke up with uncontrollable shivering. I could not get warm. 2 extra blankets and my girlfriend trying to keep me warm and I just could not warm up. I was shivering about 4 hours straight. Eventually I warmed up and started running a high fever all my muscles are aching from being tensed up so long. Had to take another day off work which is getting frustrating now. I lost a few days work to the holidays and 4 so far now from being sick. Working for myself if I don't work I don't get paid.

I don't know if I have ever been this sick with the shakes and the weird thing is that the second bout of the fever was far worse then the firstand came out of nowhere. I work outside in -20'c and don't shiver but I couldn't stop last night. It's so weird. I take care of myself pretty good but was working really hard outside in the cold for a few weeks before christmas and doing hard workouts so I think it made me susceptible.

Taking extra vitamin C and D. Trying to get some rest. Any other suggestions I need to get back to work.

Book
31st December 2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah us Canucks are pretty nuts. I am a roofer and last week we worked all day in a blizzard. Rest of the week it was -15'C to -20'C but not much snow which was nice. Crappy weather is the norm for us in winter. You just get used to it. I am in Alberta though. I do wear shorts in winter sometimes but usually when it is milder like -5'C or something.

Maybe spend this time reflecting on your post from a couple of weeks ago?

|--0--|

Son-of-Liberty
31st December 2010, 03:24 PM
LOL Book.

No doubt the cold is part of it. It has been consistently cold here for about a month. Colder then normal and I have been working long days outside.

Book
31st December 2010, 03:28 PM
LOL Book.

Seriously buddy. You need to stop working so much out in that kind of extreme weather. You are trading your health for a paycheck. That simple.

|--0--|

nunaem
31st December 2010, 03:36 PM
Don't forget to drink lots and lots of warm water, hot chicken broth is good too.

Galen
6th January 2011, 08:47 AM
Try some ginger tea. No sweeteners should be added.

DMac
6th January 2011, 08:50 AM
Cut from another post and I think worthy of its own thread, here are 2 of my home remedies. Please share!

Also look into Vitamin B17. The cancer killer.

Magic Tea:
~20 ounces berkey water
half teaspoon turmeric
3-4 star anise
4 drops oil of oregano
1 teaspoon chamomile
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/4 teaspoon thyme
90 drops of elderberry (2 full vial squirts)
1 tablespoon honey (local blend)
1/2 teaspoon ginger
Bring to a boil. Strain and serve

My GF and I make this anytime one of us gets sick. Flu/fever never lasts more than 1-2 days when we drink this concoction.

I also make what we call the "power shake":

Full glass of berkey water (~10-12 ounces)
6000 IU Vitamin D
1000 IU Vitamin C
2 Heaping teaspoons of raw unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar
40 drops of elderberry
4 drops oil of oregano
1-2 Teaspoon local organic honey
(if suffering from a very runny nose, add 1/4-1/3 teaspoon turmeric)

Yesterday I was suffering really bad allergies. Claratin did nothing to help. I drank one of my power shakes and 20 mins later I felt great. I took one again this morning and I am breathing clear :)

willie pete
6th January 2011, 08:59 AM
LOL Book.

No doubt the cold is part of it. It has been consistently cold here for about a month. Colder then normal and I have been working long days outside.

cold weather won't make you sick...lol it may give you frost-bite or a headache; it'll affect you from a purely environmental standpoint, it could exacerbate a existing condition but what makes you sick are viruses & bacteria; go get some AB's

hoarder
6th January 2011, 11:02 AM
I used to get colds often when I took antibiotics to cure them. I switched to colloidal silver and no more colds, not for more than 2 days anyway.

ximmy
6th January 2011, 11:09 AM
Stay away from me... I went to the store last night and everyone was coughing... I beat it out of there... ;D

osoab
6th January 2011, 11:09 AM
Stay away from me... I went to the store last night and everyone was coughing... I beat it out of there... ;D

Did the coughing start after the stabbings? ;D

Son-of-Liberty
12th January 2011, 12:29 PM
Happy to report I am feeling better. I added a fresh ginger and crushed garlic tea with lemon juice and unpasteurized honey to the vitamin C and D and it seemed to help a lot. About 10-15 minutes after consuming this drink I would hack up most of the mucus that had been stuck in my throat and lungs.

LOL Book.

cold weather won't make you sick...lol it may give you frost-bite or a headache; it'll affect you from a purely environmental standpoint, it could exacerbate a existing condition but what makes you sick are viruses & bacteria; go get some AB's

Yeah. I realize that the cold weather itself doesn't make you sick but the body working hard to stay warm day after day puts a lot of strain on the body and can make you more prone to infection. Breathing dry cold air all day can't be easy on the lungs either. When I was partly recovered and starting to work outside again the cold air would give me hacking fits that I didn't experience while indoors.

Large Sarge
12th January 2011, 12:57 PM
one trick is to detox the body.

they are doing this for chemical/oil exposure (oil rain, gulf oil disaster)

but it pulls a lot of toxins out of the body regardless.

and being sick is really a toxic overload

try 1 lb epsom salt
1 lb baking soda

in warm/hot bath

soak for 30 minutes

try it before bed, because it will kind of wipe you out for a bit....

should feel fine in the morning though

Antonio
14th January 2011, 10:41 AM
Stay away from antibiotics unless it`s a matter of life and death. A single dose of any antibiotic will negatively affect your health/immune system for the rest of your life,same as a dose of chemo.