PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Slim may be looking to enter the silver market

Serpo
4th January 2011, 02:31 AM
A source in mergers and acquisitions out of Europe has alerted King World News that Carlos Slim may be looking to enter the silver market in a big way. Gold and silver are in big bull markets and this is attracting the attention of some of the smartest money around the globe. James Turk commented, “If this deal does happen Eric, this is going to make the silver shorts choke.” Fresnillo has a current market cap of roughly $19 billion.
The European source commented, “This deal has been floating around for a while, but I think this time it is going to happen. It’s in his backyard. This is the world’s richest man wanting to get into silver.”
I view this as the only way for the richest man in the world to enter the silver market at this point in terms of any scale, is that your take as well?

“Yes, I agree with that. Let me just add that when he buys into it (Fresnillo) he will have the leverage to silver he is looking for. There are very few ways to get into silver with the amount of money he has, this is the most likely option at this point. He has to pay a hefty price or otherwise the deal will not happen. It is beginning to look like the longer he waits, the more he will have to pay. It is a bull market and things to tend to get more expensive, not less.”

King World News reached out to James Turk to get his comments. When asked about the potential buyout Turk stated, “If this is true he is following in the footsteps of John Paulson and his exposure to gold through Anglo Ashanti. In Carlos’s case, when you have billions of dollars to invest, it is impossible to buy physical silver in any significant quantity with the market so tight. The point I am making is that Paulson ended up buying 30% of Anglo-Ashanti for a few billion dollars giving him exposure to the gold price.

If you have three, five, ten billion dollars to invest, you cannot buy physical gold or physical silver without sending the price sky high. So what can you do? You can buy a mining company.

I know of one wealthy individual who bought resources in the ground so he could develop the mine and keep all of the gold it produces. This is essentially what Carlos would be doing with silver. I don’t know if the rumor with Fresnillo is true or not, but there is a lot of logic to it. Also, looking at the chart, it is obvious it was under strong accumulation for most of 2010.”

James if you were Carlos Slim, would you buy Fresnillo to gain exposure to the price of silver?

“Absolutely, sometimes when you have billions of dollars to invest it can be a hard thing to do without moving the market. Given that you can’t buy billions of dollars of physical silver without sending the price into the stratosphere, the best way to do that would be through this acquisition. To be clear, let me disclose that I have no position in Fresnillo.

If this deal goes through, it’s going to cause a lot of people to take a look at the silver market. One thing that is certain is that a lot of smart money with billions to invest is looking at ways to get exposure to both gold and silver.”

As gold and silver continue to gain prominence in the financial world, it may be the biggest money in the world which is now wanting a stake. If Carlos does this deal as Turk said, it will make a great many investors around the globe take a look at the silver market.

Eric King

KingWorldNews.com

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2011/1/3_Is_the_Worlds_Richest_Man_Getting_Into_Silver.ht ml

Neuro
4th January 2011, 03:21 AM
I don't know whether this particular rumor will turn out to be correct, but this type of rumors will become more and more common as the last frantic part of the bull market evolves...

Silver Shield
4th January 2011, 03:25 AM
Carlos would have huge cajones if he did.

It would ring true since Mexico has a rich tradition of silver.

If I was in his shoes I would buy controlling assets in as many silver mines as possible.

Create a silver OPEC.

I would position limit my self on as much physical all over the world.

I would let may buddies know that in March I am going to stand for delivery.

And I would have my mining companies announce they are not exporting for dollars anymore.

Holy batshit.

Of course Carlos would be dead before March but it would be fun.

That would blow through my $50 silver estimate for March...

Twisted Titan
4th January 2011, 05:50 AM
Fat Boy Knows what side his bread is buttered on.

He didnt get rich by accident.......he got rich kissing the right asses up the ladder.

His handlers will alllow him to take several postions in various Silver Sectors

But he will NOT I repeat NOT be in a postion when he has 100 Million Plus oz's of physical silver under his control.

If He ever even tried they will bust him down to where he is selling skinned iguannas to tourists at the local bodega.

This is the greatest market manipulation in the history of the world.....nobody is going to screw that up until the order is given from high command to "pull it"

T

chud
4th January 2011, 07:03 AM
Move over Hunt Brothers, here comes Carlos Slim!!!

Rocket pics, please...

ShortJohnSilver
4th January 2011, 07:08 AM
The idea that a guy whose wealth depends on government largesse is going to start betting against the government, seems rather odd.

mick silver
4th January 2011, 08:00 AM
i like the words ............. MAYBE ........ if i have lots of money i would buy an not tell the world what i am about to do

Twisted Titan
4th January 2011, 08:11 AM
QFT Mick

As My Momma would Tell me:

THOSE WHO KNOW DONT TALK AND THOSE WHO TALK DONT KNOW A DAM THING

hoarder
4th January 2011, 09:17 AM

T
A century ago Morgan was touted as the "World's Richest Man". When he died it was revealed that 90% of his assets were held by the Rothschilds.

deja vu...

joe_momma
4th January 2011, 10:29 AM
Why wouldn't Carlos buy his silver directly from Penoles?

He's a Mexican national and certainly could arrange a "discount" from the mine cartel?

hoarder
4th January 2011, 10:35 AM
When Warren Buffet bought up silver it didn't make silver go up. Why? Because rich insiders work for the Federal Reserve and only get involved with PM's to control the price.

Why would Rothschild front man Slim be any different?

TheNocturnalEgyptian
4th January 2011, 10:54 AM
Hoarder - really? I was under the impression that when buffet purchased, I think it was either 120 million ounces of 180 million ounces, it made the price from from $5 to $9...Guess I'm mistaken?

That would be the beauty of the big buy....buy all the silver, price jumps, then sell back at the inflated price, and you end up with some free silver while breaking even on FRN investment.

If that hypothetical were true, then it would really illustrate how money is not at a constant value - larger values of money are worth more, and have more power, than that same amount broken into smaller pieces.

hoarder
4th January 2011, 11:06 AM
I think Buffet started buying silver in 1997 and sold up to about $7.

The Hunts OTOH, were the real thing!

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_04/laborde012704.html

cedarchopper
4th January 2011, 02:56 PM

T
A century ago Morgan was touted as the "World's Richest Man". When he died it was revealed that 90% of his assets were held by the Rothschilds.

deja vu...

Just like the Russian Oligarch everyone thought owned the majority of shares in Yuko's Oil...after he was arrested it was revealed that the shares had passed to Lord Nathan Rothschild (that would be Lord Jacob...my bad) under a trustee arrangement :]

http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/03/11/Oligarchs071103.html