PDA

View Full Version : what i have been prepping lately

chad
4th January 2011, 02:16 PM
as some of you may recall from gim1, i am a fool for dry canning + dehydrating.

i have been saving 32 ounce classico jars for about 2 years, getting them from friends, family, etc. they're great, thick, jars that pull a good seal if you stick 2 or 3 oxy absorbers in them.

recently, i found a local market place that sells 5 pound bags of assorted bean soup mix for $4.91 each.

today was the day. i prepped 72 of these suckers (i didn't think of taking a pic until i had the whole pile boxed up, this one i saved for dinner tomorrow night).

http://i54.tinypic.com/24vmp6t.jpg

StackerKen
4th January 2011, 05:12 PM
WTG Chad!

Hey, you have the same counter top we have. :)

Libertytree
4th January 2011, 06:58 PM
Kudo's Chad! Is that a 15 bean mix? What type of place is it where you bought them? I want to find a deal like that, save me a pretty penny.

crazychicken
4th January 2011, 08:03 PM
Very nice!

Congrats on the find.

CC

chad
5th January 2011, 06:35 AM
Kudo's Chad! Is that a 15 bean mix? What type of place is it where you bought them? I want to find a deal like that, save me a pretty penny.

it's a ten bean blend. found it, of all places, in a little bulk food section at the farmers co-op. it's a little room they have that's their "food market." they have rice, bean mix, oats, pop corn, etc. big bins where you scoop the stuff in to bags, or you can buy them pre-packaged in 5 lb. bags. i would have never thought of looking for food at a farmers co-op, found it by accident filling lp tanks.

osoab
5th January 2011, 06:46 AM
The dried peas don't like the pressure cooker.

If they came with a little seasoning pack, toss it. It tastes like crap.

SLV^GLD
5th January 2011, 07:47 AM
If they came with a little seasoning pack, toss it. It is basically just MSG.
Fixed that for ya.