PDA

View Full Version : One Retreat's Rules

Book
8th January 2011, 09:42 PM
One Retreat's Rules (http://www.survivalblog.com/2011/01/one_retreats_rules_by_tnp.html)

Permalink to survivalblog

:)

freespirit
9th January 2011, 11:42 AM
interesting read...and the rest of the site seems to be loaded with all sorts of valuable info...

thanks for the post, book!

freespirit
9th January 2011, 12:14 PM
lol...hugginator...i think the guy is going to be very lonely at his retreat! nowadays, it may be easier to find a needle in a haystack! lol

mightymanx
9th January 2011, 12:48 PM
The maker of the list forgot lolypops and unicorns.

There is lots of fail contained in that list. Paper plates and consumable dishes. Real dishes save resources but store all the crap you like. Reads like a single guy wanting to extend his time at hunting camp.

Better than 99% of people out there but I will steer clear of his "camp".

UncaScrooge
9th January 2011, 01:54 PM
Right in the second paragraph or so, this thing says that NO GUNS ARE ALLOWED if they're against the law.

Then later, the writer talks about how many and what kind of guns and ammo each member should have.

WTF??? You think the gobberminty won't possibly outlaw ANY AND ALL guns?

This is a fantasy-land post. Wasted my time reading it, except to find out how delusional some preppers can be.

freespirit
9th January 2011, 02:05 PM
lol...when TSHTF, the only guns you aren't allowed to bring to my retreat are ones that don't fire! lol

i agree w/scrooge somewhat...in regards to guv't outlawing any and all weapons...they will try any/everything to keep the advantage on their side...

imo, once things go that far, i don't care what's legal or not (as far as defense goes) i will adhere to gods law, but man's law will be irrelevant to me under those circumstances.

UncaScrooge
9th January 2011, 06:41 PM
lol...when TSHTF, the only guns you aren't allowed to bring to my retreat are ones that don't fire! lol

i will adhere to gods law, but man's law will be irrelevant to me under those circumstances.

I like the way you think! :) 8)

As the bandido said to Bogie: "... I don't need no stinking man's-law."

k-os
9th January 2011, 07:04 PM
I think the author of the rules wrote them in such a way that indicates he was expecting some spying eyes to see it.

Dogman
9th January 2011, 07:17 PM
I think the author of the rules wrote them in such a way that indicates he was expecting some spying eyes to see it.

I agree!

A lot of thought and time went into building that site!
So would not be surprised if he was being very careful
in what is presented.

hoarder
9th January 2011, 07:34 PM
Survivalblog is mostly a waste of time.

Book
9th January 2011, 07:41 PM
Survivalblog is mostly a waste of time.

"Advertisers" own the place now. He sold out long ago.

BabushkaLady
10th January 2011, 05:02 PM
"Advertisers" own the place now. He sold out long ago.

I still respect JWR. He was way ahead of the pack on a lot of this stuff. We might've even went to preppers kindergarten together. . . .

I agree with k-os, he was in CYA mode on the Banned Activities list.

horseshoe3
17th January 2011, 06:19 AM
If I were to set up a "retreat", I would only invite people I have known for years and have NEVER let me down in any situation, no matter how trivial. That narrows the list down to two people. But those two would be better to have on your side than 100 of the other kind.

Would any sane person trust his life to a friend of a friend whom you only met once for an interview?