PDA

View Full Version : Why you need to get your CCW

madfranks
9th January 2011, 04:51 PM
Most people have no idea what it feels like to be completely self-reliant when it comes to their safety and protection. Most people are trained from day one to rely on the police or others to protect them from danger. This collective inability to defend ones self has become the norm for the modern man. When you start carrying your own concealed handgun, you will for the first time face the awesome responsibility it is to be completely in charge of your own protection, to have the power to take a life or defend one. For many people carrying for the first time this feeling will be more than they anticipated, as they are not used to shouldering such a large responsibility. This is a responsibility that most men HAD to deal with from pre-history to a couple generations ago. In contrast, the modern man does not have to carry the burden of responsibility for taking care of himself and his family. Once you have your CCW and carry a gun with you everywhere you go, you will begin to regain this feeling of being responsible to protect yourself from the potential dangers in society. It is a feeling of true independence and freedom that you can not get while relying on others to protect you.

SLV^GLD
9th January 2011, 04:53 PM
You have failed to explain why I should bother asking permission to exercise my constitutional, neigh, inalienable right.
To that end your thread title is disingenuous.
Otherwise, I applaud your content.

StackerKen
9th January 2011, 05:03 PM
I think it would be pretty cool to have a CCW...

But I have honestly never felt the need to have one...I have honestly Never been in a situation that I would or could have used a weapon.

I don't feel the slightest bit of fear or danger when I go to and from work or when I am out with my wife in town.

I realize that things could change in the future...and may change quite quickly... and if that is the case...
I would just go ahead and carry without the permit.

:dunno

just sayin

Book
9th January 2011, 05:12 PM
When you start carrying your own concealed handgun, you will for the first time face the awesome responsibility it is to be completely in charge of your own protection, to have the power to take a life or defend one.

The best advice for a newbie is: "It ain't a police badge".

:)

madfranks
9th January 2011, 06:34 PM
You have failed to explain why I should bother asking permission to exercise my constitutional, neigh, inalienable right.
To that end your thread title is disingenuous.
Otherwise, I applaud your content.

If we're talking the 2nd amendment now, I don't believe you or anyone needs to obtain permission to exercise your rights, but this is not a belief shared by those in power. I didn't start carrying until I obtained my CCW, and I suppose my post was intended for those who would follow suit.

Mouse
10th January 2011, 03:44 AM
Carrying is a burden, albeit an overall positive position; it is a weight upon your lower back and ass that hurts like hell.

Carrying is a dice throw between the house and your ass

Carrying is such a pain in the ass that you won't want to do it, but you need to

Carrying is becoming much more fashionable

Carrying is knowing you at least have a chance

Carrying is knowing that if you fuck it up, you will shoot your leg

Carrying is peace of mind

Carrying is very difficult, even for those who have "permission" because it's a damn pain in the ass

Carrying is your right and your destiny; whether permitted or not, let your backside not be without the pain of the tools of liberty

Tronn
10th January 2011, 04:05 AM
i want to get one

Heimdhal
10th January 2011, 06:43 AM
Remember, carrying is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable. :)

However, with the right holsters and the right belt, all day comfortable carrying is possible. I carried my gun for 14 straight hours last night at work, and its a beasty one for a CCW and barley even noticed.

Invest wisley in your holster and a good sturdy carry belt, or youll be so annoyed and encumbered by your side arm (unless you pocket carry) that youll just stop carrying, and that defeats the whole purpose.

I agree with all other points in this thread as well :)