PDA

View Full Version : apmex has the most silver in stock i've ever seen. this at $29.

chad
10th January 2011, 06:34 AM
if you do the 9999 quantity thing, there's LOTS of products that they have at least that much of.

this at $29 when there's going to be a "silver shortage because of comex, etc."

thoughts? people cashing in because of 30 year highs or what?

i have to say, i was expecting the exact opposite. :conf:

Neuro
10th January 2011, 06:41 AM
if you do the 9999 quantity thing, there's LOTS of products that they have at least that much of.

Apmex probably expect the price to skyrocket, soon, thus they boosted their stock!

mamboni
10th January 2011, 06:42 AM

Why don't you fire off an email to Harvey Organ and ask him what his take is - you never know, he might respond. Perhaps there is a bottleneck between retail silver inventories and wholesale silver bullion? Turk says the Chinese and other foreigners are buying up silver contracts - but that only affects COMEX silver. It would be very interesting to hear from the fabricators, to see if they are having difficulty obtaining 1000 oz silver bars.

1970 silver art
11th January 2011, 05:28 AM

It will be very interesting to see how much physical silver APMEX will have if the spot silver price falls to $20 (or lower).

I think that some people who see silver as an "investment" (i.e. buy low - sell high) were cashing in on some of their silver that they bought when spot was much lower but I really do not know that. This is just a WAG.

chad
11th January 2011, 05:30 AM

Why don't you fire off an email to Harvey Organ and ask him what his take is - you never know, he might respond. Perhaps there is a bottleneck between retail silver inventories and wholesale silver bullion? Turk says the Chinese and other foreigners are buying up silver contracts - but that only affects COMEX silver. It would be very interesting to hear from the fabricators, to see if they are having difficulty obtaining 1000 oz silver bars.

did it. let's see what he says...

something is goofy...i see all of these reports of "having a hard time finding silver," i don't see it. must be "finding a hard time finding 1,000 ounce comex bars right at spot."

hoarder
11th January 2011, 05:41 AM
How does one quantify the concept of "shortage"? Doesn't the existence of paper silver in excess of the amount of phisical silver it's backed by indicate a shortage?

If there was an ounce of physical silver backing for each "ounce" of paper silver, then I would say there is no shortage.

Neuro
11th January 2011, 11:33 AM
How does one quantify the concept of "shortage"? Doesn't the existence of paper silver in excess of the amount of phisical silver it's backed by indicate a shortage?

If there was an ounce of physical silver backing for each "ounce" of paper silver, then I would say there is no shortage.
Actually if that physical silver was owned by someone apart from the issuer of the paper silver contract, you would still have a shortage. But as it is, today you probably have a magnitude more of investors who think they own silver, in an ETF or a pool account that is completely or almost completely unbacked, vs holders of real silver in their hands... Absurd!

Spectrism
11th January 2011, 11:38 AM
When people buy shares in an ETF, they have no plans to take delivery of the silver. It is just a paper trade. They might as well be betting on the superbowl.

If they take their money out of the ETF and buy physical, then the reality of the market hits home.

JohnQPublic
11th January 2011, 12:20 PM
I checked this morning and they have ~15,000 10 ozt,. bars. Last week they had ~4-5000.

I am sensing a rat trap.

platinumdude
11th January 2011, 12:23 PM
I checked this morning and they have ~15,000 10 ozt,. bars. Last week they had ~4-5000.

I am sensing a rat trap.

If APMEX knew where the price of silver was going, so would the people in the trading booth and the price would be there already.

mamboni
11th January 2011, 12:26 PM

I am sensing a rat trap.

What do you mean, rat trap? Mamboni stunad this PM.

chad
11th January 2011, 02:30 PM
apmex is trap.

you are rat.

but confucius say, mmmmmm-you dirty rat!