PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Snacks

RUSH.IS.A.BAND
11th January 2011, 02:18 PM
Game day will be here in no time! Go Seahawks! (yeah, right :D) This is really good if you like corned beef and sauerkraut. Whenever we cook up a brisket for dinner, I will just reserve the proper amount of shredded beef left over, and freeze it until needed for this recipe. Its something different, and simple to prepare. Thought I would share. :)

SLOW COOKER REUBEN DIP

Ingredients

* 1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, drained
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
* 2 cups shredded cooked corned beef
* 1/4 cup thousand island dressing

Directions

1. In a slow cooker, combine the sauerkraut, cream cheese, Swiss cheese, corned beef and thousand island dressing. Cover, and cook on high for 45 minutes if you're in a hurry, low for longer if you're not, or just until hot and cheese is melted. Stir occasionally while cooking. Serve with cocktail rye or crackers.

joe_momma
11th January 2011, 02:29 PM
Seachickens 4ever!

(BTW they have a better shot than the stupid Raiders [damn your oily hide Al Davis])

Bacon Jalapeno Poppers

14 medium jalapeno peppers
1 oz block cream cheese
1# bacon - lightly cooked and finely diced
4 oz cheddar cheese thinly sliced, cut into 3/4" x 3" strips

0. preheat over to 400F
1. Wash, slice lengthwise 14 medium jalapenos
2. de-seed** and re-wash the jalapenos
3. stuff each pepper half with cream cheese
4. work in a generous bit of diced bacon into the cream cheese (not overflowing)
5. top the bacon with a thin strip of cheddar
6. place cheddar side up on an oiled baking pan
7. bake at 400F for 10 minutes or until the cheddar begins to brown
8. remove, allow to cool, then eat them all before serving to guests

best accompanied with a refreshing beverage!

** (important wash hands thoroughly after handling jalapenos and NEVER EVER touch your eyes or privates - also wash hands after using restroom)

MNeagle
4th February 2011, 09:11 AM
what's on your menu for Game Night?

joe_momma
4th February 2011, 09:25 AM
I'll smoke a little tri-tip and salmon, have some spinach & artichoke dip, couple of bags of Doritos, and maybe a few jalapeno poppers.

big country
4th February 2011, 04:56 PM
We're making that reuben dip tonight just to see how it is, if good, we might make it for a superbowl party.
We're planning, and have already bought the supplies, to make the Jalapeno poppers posted here though. Thanks for the ideas.

big country
5th February 2011, 09:55 AM
well we had lots of left over from the reuben dip, only two of us so that recipe made a TON, I had some for lunch today spread on some bread. Tasted just like a reuben (any surprise?) It makes a nice "chicken salad" like Reuben spread. Instant Reubens! Yum!

big country
4th February 2012, 02:36 PM
Just thought I would bump this thread again before game day. We are planning on making both recipes listed here again tomorrow. They were delicious last year and I'm excited as can be to make them again.

MNeagle
4th February 2012, 03:34 PM
Have not tried this recipe yet; we did a much more complex version of it for New Year's weekend which ended up costing about $30! So when I saw this recipe, I knew it would cost far less:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1/2 cup Buffalo Wings Sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup prepared Ranch salad dressing
2 cans Hormel Chunk Breast of Chicken, drained

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix all ingredients & place into deep baking dish.

Bake 20 minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Stir. Garnish as desired.

Serve w/ tortilla chips, crackers or vegetables.

(Recipe did not specify the finished amount, but I'd guess ~ 3 cups of dip)

LuckyStrike
4th February 2012, 03:58 PM
Interesting article about the Patriots

http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/2012/01/americas-team-new-england-patriots.html

EE_
4th February 2012, 04:07 PM
Have something healthy while you're sitting on your ass in front of the Talmudvision watching your favorite corporate owned sports

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rb1TnWLyX4g/TFWKpmhL3TI/AAAAAAAAARk/fWcTQUA1njA/s1600/image001.jpg

osoab
4th February 2012, 06:25 PM
Have something healthy while you're sitting on your ass in front of the Talmudvision watching your favorite corporate owned sports

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rb1TnWLyX4g/TFWKpmhL3TI/AAAAAAAAARk/fWcTQUA1njA/s1600/image001.jpg

Why would one one do that to bacon?

JJ.G0ldD0t
5th February 2012, 06:49 AM
all you need is bread.

JJ.G0ldD0t
5th February 2012, 06:52 AM
Interesting article about the Patriots

http://stuffblackpeopledontlike.blogspot.com/2012/01/americas-team-new-england-patriots.html

hell yeah..

go white guys! :D

gunDriller
6th February 2012, 09:38 AM
Why would one one do that to bacon?

turtle symbolism fetish strikes again !

osoab
6th February 2012, 11:31 AM
turtle symbolism fetish strikes again !

I was really pointing out the defiling of bacon by placing it on hot dogs, ie lips and assholes (ref. Dan Akroyd in "The Great Outdoors").